The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think it'll be that hard for them to maintain a private life, and for them to appear when neccessary at royal functions. The problem with Edward and Sophie's enterprise was it was TV related based upon royal life basically. Edward even went as far as filming his nephew when he was at St Andrews to make money.
Small correction - Edward's company was filming in St Andrews shortly after William started there. It had always planned to be filming there and the fact that William was caught was an accident - it wasn't Edward personally and was part of a film the company was making about St Andrews that wasn't aimed at filming William at all - the brothers cleared up the misunderstanding quite quickly but that side of things wasn't widely reported at the time or since - so the original story is the one that gets repeated - like the idea that Charles wants to reduce the size of the working royal family and cut out his siblings and family - and becomes the 'truth' when it actually wasn't.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Small correction - Edward's company was filming in St Andrews shortly after William started there. It had always planned to be filming there and the fact that William was caught was an accident - it wasn't Edward personally and was part of a film the company was making about St Andrews that wasn't aimed at filming William at all - the brothers cleared up the misunderstanding quite quickly but that side of things wasn't widely reported at the time or since - so the original story is the one that gets repeated - like the idea that Charles wants to reduce the size of the working royal family and cut out his siblings and family - and becomes the 'truth' when it actually wasn't.
Ah, but there is still It's A Royal Knockout.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

That was in the 80s and a lot of people, myself included, enjoyed it.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

That was in the 80s and a lot of people, myself included, enjoyed it.
However enjoyable it may have been (I've ne'er had the pleasure of watching it), it was a TV programme done by Edward with the focus on royals. In as much as he did try to have a private life, he still took advantage of his royal connections within his TV career, starting with Royal Knockout. The incident at St. Andrew's may have been an accident that got blown out of proportion, but Royal Knockout was very deliberate.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
However enjoyable it may have been (I've ne'er had the pleasure of watching it), it was a TV programme done by Edward with the focus on royals. In as much as he did try to have a private life, he still took advantage of his royal connections within his TV career, starting with Royal Knockout. The incident at St. Andrew's may have been an accident that got blown out of proportion, but Royal Knockout was very deliberate.
That programme was done for charity

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
That programme was done for charity
Plus Edward was only 22 or 23 when he did it- a very, very young man.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Done aboutt 15 years before the St Andrews incident so hardly relevant.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I'm about to take 17 days off for a once in a lifetime holiday trip, and that's been allowed. Normally you're only allowed two solid weeks off and the company I work for is a worldwide retail business, and we work all bank holidays but don't work Easter Sunday due to the size of our store.
Have a wonderful trip, LQ! And I hope it's just the first of many holiday trips which might be described as 'once in a lifetime'. You're young, you like to travel, opportunities will present themselves. (I'm off Sunday on what many would describe as "oial", but I've had a good many of those and plan to have many more!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wait to miss the point, guys. Lumutqueen's original statement was:

Quote:

I don't think it'll be that hard for them to maintain a private life, and for them to appear when neccessary at royal functions. *The problem with Edward and Sophie's enterprise was it was TV related based upon royal life basically.* Edward even went as far as filming his nephew when he was at St Andrews to make money.
(My emphasis)

To which bertie replied that the issue at St. Andrews was an accident that got blown out of proportion that didn't even involve Edward. Which is all fine and dandy, except the original point by Lumutqueen still stands; once again "The problem with Edward and Sophie's enterprise was it was TV related based upon royal life basically."

Even without considering the incident at St. Andrews, which yes bears no relevance given the circumstances, Edward's career in the TV industry was based on profiting in a private enterprise using his royal connections - the perfect example being Royal Knockout. His entire career started with a TV show based on exploiting Edward's royal connections - whether it was good, successful, well received, had a charity aim, or not is irrelevant. It's an indisputable example of Edward using his royal connections to forward his TV career.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

(My emphasis)

To which bertie replied that the issue at St. Andrews was an accident that got blown out of proportion that didn't even involve Edward. Which is all fine and dandy, except the original point by Lumutqueen still stands; once again "The problem with Edward and Sophie's enterprise was it was TV related based upon royal life basically."

Even without considering the incident at St. Andrews, which yes bears no relevance given the circumstances, Edward's career in the TV industry was based on profiting in a private enterprise using his royal connections - the perfect example being Royal Knockout. His entire career started with a TV show based on exploiting Edward's royal connections - whether it was good, successful, well received, had a charity aim, or not is irrelevant. It's an indisputable example of Edward using his royal connections to forward his TV career.
He was 22 years old and it was for charity.

Who cares?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

Who cares?
spot on

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:

(My emphasis)

I replied to ONE specific point in the original post and your reply wasn't to that original post but to my specific point about St Andrews and the Royal Knockout was not related to the St Andrews issue at all. Hence my comment that the Royal Knockout was irrelevant to my issue which was about St Andrews.

Your post was relevant to the original post but not to mine.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

Who cares?
Actully quite a few people care, for charity or not.

I think we've gone off topic a bit ladies!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice and Eugenie ditch their 'pretzel' hats and frumpy frocks as they get set for their burgeoning role as very public princesses | Mail Online

Looks like Beatrice and Eugenie may be getting gradually eased into The Firm after all!

That stylist has really improved their look.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Beatrice and Eugenie ditch their 'pretzel' hats and frumpy frocks as they get set for their burgeoning role as very public princesses | Mail Online

Looks like Beatrice and Eugenie may be getting gradually eased into The Firm after all!

That stylist has really improved their look.
Don't take DM as actual news.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even a stopped clock is right sometimes!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Twice a day!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Majesty

The DM article describes some of what they have done recently as 'official engagements' but The Queen didn't regard them as that as they weren't mentioned in the CC.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Courtier

I thought that. They are calling them official but they really aren't. Did anyone else pick up that in one part is says how Beatrice goes to work early because of the time she takes off but then further down says that she has given up working at that job? So is she working or isn't she? They are actually being positive see how long it lasts for.

Tags
career, education, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, royal duties, social life, styles and titles