The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
is it a problem that no one knows where Beatrice is employed?
I was just about to say the exact same thing. One minute she's too "out there" the next nobody knows where she is and it's "fishy".

Old 02-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Hey we have said for years the girls should have real jobs and here is the proof that they have them - Beatrice is working for xxxx

Sorry - Beatrice was sacked because we told the world where she worked.

Now what is she to do - she can't work because we will tell the world and they will sack her so what is left - a life of royal duties.
I am afraid you are too optimistic about the press, Iluvbertie.
Did they ever agree Sorry-Diana was killed because we chased her like hell? noo.
You know wat they will do in Beatrice's case also..they will twist and turn the events finally shifting the blame to The Queen, the only one who is deprived of self-defence, while Sarah will again be busy crying on Oprah over her daughter's career, and also making a fat check and some celebrity luxury cruise/wedding invitations to parade Beatrice around as a consolation.
Even if the British mainstream press keeps quiet, will the tabloids or foreign ones do? They couldnt keep Harry's deployment a secret, even when his life is in potential danger..

Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Did they ever agree Sorry-Diana was killed because we chased her like hell? noo.
Why would they agree to something that wasn't true?
Bringing up Diana in this makes no sense however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Even if the British mainstream press keeps quiet, will the tabloids or foreign ones do? They couldnt keep Harry's deployment a secret, even when his life is in potential danger..
Yeah because the foreign press care about where Princess Beatrice works. Henry's first deployment was exposed by an Australian newspaper who broke the media blackout that had been agreed with the British media.

Beatrice has been working for over 2 months now? We don't know where she works and it looks like it's going to stay that way.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Majesty

Harry's deployment was broken by an Aussie women's magazine - and he wasn't pulled out for another 6 weeks - so it didn't actually stop his deployment.

Beatrice started working last October from the reports I have seen. So she has had a short break over Christmas and many financial businesses shut down completely during that period and the two days she worked, unpaid, for the government of the UK in Germany. The only other times we have seen her since October has been on weekends or at night.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

But how do you know she is working at all?

You don't.
Neither does anyone else, from what I have observed.
That doesn't seem a bit strange to you?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

You don't.
For goodness sake, it is not a matter for public debate. She is not a full time royal, she isn't even a part-time royal. There is no conspriacy but write to the palace if you think you should be told but here in the UK we aren't that bothered.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:

You don't.
And you don't know that she isn't.

I do know that there have been reports that she has a job and has been working - just not the name of the place where she is working. Even in the lead up to the visit to Germany is was reported that she was taking two days leave from her job to undertake that trip and that she was being briefed during her lunch breaks by people from the government.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

You don't.
Why should we know? Nobody seems to be bothered by this except you.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, but it did go public!
So did the name of the company Peter Phillips worked for.
In this day and age it is impossible to keep such information a secret, so I still say it's very odd that no one seems to know where Beatrice works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Is where Peter Phillips works in the public domain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It was announced that he worked for the Bank of Scotland, although he quit that last year. He also moved to Hong Kong to work for sometime.
Exactly my point. Nobody knows where Peter works. It has been a while since he worked at RBS. I know the rough area where he works as I often shop / lunch in the area and have seen him, but I have no clue exactly whio he works for. There are hundreds of offices in the area.

Similarly, it is perfectly possible (with some luck), that noobody really knows where Beatrice works. Some paps may have followed her from SJP to work, but I suspect the British press is refusing to publish the name.

IMO, where Bea works is not really a major story for now. If she sticks with the job for some time, I have no doubt the name will get out in the press eventually.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why should we know? Nobody seems to be bothered by this except you.

Nobody but me?

And yet so many seemed so bothered about whether or not the Middletons are working!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Nobody but me?

And yet so many seemed so bothered about whether or not the Middletons are working!
What?
Some people are 'bothered' by Catherine's work past. However I have no idea what that has to do with not knowing where Beatrice works. What's your point?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Doesn't Peter Phillips have some sort of sports management/agent job? And one of his clients is Zara? Or, am I deluded?? (don't answer that last one)
Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

My point is that it seems a bit like a double-standard; people are troubled by Kate's work history but nobody cares about Beatrice's?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Doesn't Peter Phillips have some sort of sports management/agent job? And one of his clients is Zara? Or, am I deluded?? (don't answer that last one)
Here we go,

In March 2012, he left RBS to take on a role as managing director at SEL UK.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...#axzz2KX5QlT6p
Old 02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Here we go,

In March 2012, he left RBS to take on a role as managing director at SEL UK.
Zara Phillips appoints brother as agent - Charles Sale | Mail Online
Thanks, LQ. Sounds like a more interesting job than being a banker.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
My point is that it seems a bit like a double-standard; people are troubled by Kate's work history but nobody cares about Beatrice's?

People are concerned about Kate's work history because she is the future Queen but spent her 20s not developing a work ethic.

Beatrice is a rich woman, by most people's standards, in her own right and will become more and more peripheral to the royal picture while Kate will only become more and more central to the royal family's future.

That is why people are concerned that it appears that Kate has no work history and aren't so concerned about Beatrice.

In 10 years time Kate will probably be the wife of the heir to the throne - could even be Queen Consort, but Beatrice will be probably down to 8th or lower in the line of succession, married and living her own life away from the limelight to be trotted out at events like Coronations etc but that it about all.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Have you read any of the discussion in this thread prior to Beatrice getting a job? Since leaving university people on this forum asked and asked over and over again when we'd see Beatrice putting her degree to good use. For a while she did nothing, a few internships in the holidays but nothing else. Now she has a job, we just don't know where it is. I don't get why that's an issue.

Catherine studied for 3 or 4 years (not sure with a scottish degree), got her degree and seemingly did nothing with it because she was dating Prince William. She flitted from fashion and photography jobs, and then went to work for her parents because of press issues. Catherine was going to St Andrews before William enrolled apparently and I can't imagine a woman like her would not have plans for her future. But they were benched when William came along.

There's a massive difference between the two.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

Apparently Beatrice did a work placement at the firm Cabot Square Capital prior to her full time job, so it's possible she could be working there. No evidence of this, but it's certainly a possibility.

Zara Phillips - Topics - Macleans.ca
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
Apparently Beatrice did a work placement at the firm Cabot Square Capital prior to her full time job, so it's possible she could be working there. No evidence of this, but it's certainly a possibility.
If she interned at Cabot Sq Capital, there is a reasonable chance that she may have secured a permanent role there. That said, PE houses take on very few people, and they tend to have a strong CV with experience in consulting or investment banking, both of which Beatrice does not have.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

I was wondering if anybody else thought that if Sarah and Andrew were still married Ut would've been easier for Beatrice and Eugenie to have royal roles?

Tags
career, education, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, royal duties, social life, styles and titles