The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1201  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I suspect that only young ladies from wealthy families could afford to follow Zara's path.
That's not true IMO, the majority of people like all Olympic sports work their way to their achievements. Zara was given a hand due to having both parents already involved in the sport, but not even that nor all the money in the world could make her good at the sport nor create the passion she holds for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Unlike Catherine, Beatrice's parents do not have a business she could work for, and unlike Zara, there's no country estate/sport business her parents are involved with for her to naturally take up.
And unlike Catherine, she was raised a royal. Unlike Zara, she has a title. Beatrice and Eugenie cannot act as commoners because they aren't. If Zara held a royal title along side her equestrian activities she would have been expected to be a 'royal' and participate in engagements like her mother did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
she finished university 7 months ago and hasn't done anything
It took her cousin William, 8 months to decide he wanted to go in the Air Force. If Beatrice is looking to not be part of the firm and work for herself, in this climate like everyone, she'll have a tough job of finding work without being seen to use her royal connections. She has to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Princess Anne, Prince William, The Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Harry's future wife. But as for Princes Andrew and Edward, I think he will call on them less and less the older he gets.
Princess Anne has proven her worth over and over and her charities adore her. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will take on quite a few engagements and Prince Harry will also take on quite a few more that he has now.
Princess Anne is 61 years old, she might live to a 100 like her grandmother but she will eventually scale down her duties. Prince William nor Catherine will take on full royal duties until after William has finished his S&R training, and whatever deployment, the same goes for Harry. That could be 10 or more years if they are committed to the forces. Edward and Andrew will be needed, as will Sophie for as long as Charles is alive IMO. Prince Harry may never get married, he may not marry until he's 50. We can't rely on him marrying in the next few years.

Just because Anne has done thousands of engagements over the years, does not put the commitment her two younger brothers have shown to shame. The RF does over 4000 engagements a year for Charles, Camilla, Anne, William, Catherine and Harry to cover that (my calculations may be off) but they would have to do 12 a day.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #1202  
Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 195
Beatrice has been out of university for about 7 months and has not really done anything of note since. IMHO the fact that Beatrice has not undertaken any royal duties during this time is a pretty good indication that BP does not intend for her to become a working royal.

I think that Charles is very wise to scale back the BRF. Mirabel mentioned that her impression was that Charles hasn't much use for Andrew and I'm sure she's right. I like Andrew, but really, why would he have any use for him? Andrew and Sarah have been a huge embarrassment to them. Considering Beatrice's closeness to her family and her love of the jet-set life, Charles is wise to see all the red flags. Some day he will be succeeding a much-loved and respected Queen and will need to earn his own place. I would imagine that the last thing he needs or wants are the Yorks.

Don't mean to offend anyone...just my impressions.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1203  
Old 12-28-2011, 01:20 PM
PrincessKaimi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hilo, Malibu, United States
Posts: 1,319
Yes, I think the impression that the girls are not going to be working royals is that they are, in fact, not acting as working royals right now and there seem to be no plans to restore them to that position. At least, that's been my impression from reading these forums.

Whoever said that the speculations here on the Royal Forums and in the blogosphere (some by people who watch royals very closely) are "set in stone"? No one. But it was rumored that Prince Andrew asked the Queen if Beatrice could accompany him on some royal business and Beatrice did not get to do so - that was discussed at length here on this same thread, I believe.

All I know is that the impression that Charles wants to scale back has been spoken about here on these forums, on several threads, by people who follow the Royal Family closely ever since I joined. As with so many other topics, we have to just take a wait and see attitude, don't we?

But it is fact that the princesses did lose their official security monies, isn't it? Or do people here really believe that no newspaper is reliable at all? (This was reported in the Telegraph and many other places). If in fact we are not to believe any newspapers ever, and close watchers of the royal family are all suspect, and all thought pieces on the family are suspect, then what do we really have to talk about on this thread? Not much.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1204  
Old 12-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
Beatrice has been out of university for about 7 months and has not really done anything of note since. IMHO the fact that Beatrice has not undertaken any royal duties during this time is a pretty good indication that BP does not intend for her to become a working royal.

I think that Charles is very wise to scale back the BRF. Mirabel mentioned that her impression was that Charles hasn't much use for Andrew and I'm sure she's right. I like Andrew, but really, why would he have any use for him? Andrew and Sarah have been a huge embarrassment to them. Considering Beatrice's closeness to her family and her love of the jet-set life, Charles is wise to see all the red flags. Some day he will be succeeding a much-loved and respected Queen and will need to earn his own place. I would imagine that the last thing he needs or wants are the Yorks.

Don't mean to offend anyone...just my impressions.
The issue with this is that it might backfire on him. It's true he has a lot to live up to and, in all honesty, he won't even be starting from level ground. He has to be very careful as to how he goes about dealing with the Yorks and to a lesser extent Edward. It hasn't been that long since his relationship with Camilla gained total acceptance and he'd do well to remember that he's not the most popular one among the royals. Cutting his family out could come back to bite him in the behind and considering that William is so popular (mostly because of his mother imo) does he really want to tinker and risk adding momentum to the King William call?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1205  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
Beatrice has been out of university for about 7 months and has not really done anything of note since. IMHO the fact that Beatrice has not undertaken any royal duties during this time is a pretty good indication that BP does not intend for her to become a working royal.
She's 23 years old, even the future King is not a full time royal and he's almost 30. Yes that's because he's in the forces, so why can't the girls find an actual job and be called upon when needed? Perhaps your comment will be that she hasn't made any effort to get a real job, well that we know of. Like I said any royal has to be careful so as not to be seen abusing their title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
would he have any use for him?
Perhaps because splitting 4000+ engagements a year between 5/6 people is totally unreasonable.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #1206  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:35 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
...And I thought one of the reason that women fought was so that they could have a choice in what they choose to do? If a women wanted to b/c a housewife, stay at home mother, work part time, work for the family business or do nothing so what. As long as she can afford.
I love how revisionist history has permeated every facet...

The fight occured (and I'm a member of the generation who did fight) so that women would not be relegated to certain jobs with no prospect of greater success. If you wanted to be a housewife, etc., there was no fight as the ladies who didn't want to work outside the home just kept on doing what they were doing.

Your understanding of this phase of history is, well...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1207  
Old 12-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She's 23 years old, even the future King is not a full time royal and he's almost 30. Yes that's because he's in the forces, so why can't the girls find an actual job and be called upon when needed?
Diarist has already answered this question a few pages back. In essence whomever or whatever firm that hires these Princesses must be very flexible for them to leave at a moment's notice. Which might cause resentment in the work place.
Russo is at work so if someone could find the link she would be much obliged. Alex said it much more succint and logical than moi.
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
Reply With Quote
  #1208  
Old 12-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
The issue with this is that it might backfire on him. It's true he has a lot to live up to and, in all honesty, he won't even be starting from level ground. He has to be very careful as to how he goes about dealing with the Yorks and to a lesser extent Edward. It hasn't been that long since his relationship with Camilla gained total acceptance and he'd do well to remember that he's not the most popular one among the royals. Cutting his family out could come back to bite him in the behind and considering that William is so popular (mostly because of his mother imo) does he really want to tinker and risk adding momentum to the King William call?

There's always criticism about how expensive the RF is; I can't imagine that many people would blame Charles for cutting off the Yorks, at least.
Possibly not the Wessexes either, though they aren't targeted as much.

That said, I think he would do so gradually, scaling back on the number of their engagements little by little.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1209  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Can anyone provide any sources for the following claims:

1) Charles wishes to cutdown the size of the Royal Family...........

Any sources other than the Daily Mail, Richard Kay or Kate Nichols would be very much appreciated.

WARNING!! A VERY LONG EXPLANATORY POST!!!


I wonder if I could help a little with this, because I do have experience of royal spokesmen and how they operate that I gained in my old job.

To start, Zonk’s question about direct sources can be answered succinctly and easily: the short answer is that you won’t find any offically ‘sourced reference’ for the very simple reason that any attributable quotation would immediately break an absolutely sacrosanct taboo: i.e. commenting on something that can only take place after the Queen’s death. Think about it: Charles’ future plans for the monarchy can only be put into place when the Queen has died. I can advise fellow forum members that any direct official comment attributable to a named person will NEVER be made publically where it relates to Charles’ plans for the monarchy after his mother’s death.

However, the fact that there is no named source does NOT mean that the future roles of the two Princesses haven’t been thought through by Prince Charles, because I am quite sure that they have beem.

And the reason for my certainty is this: there have actually been various references to a ‘slimmed-down’ monarchy [the phrase actually used, not just a narrower reference to Beatrice and Eugenie] in the press – and not just in the Mail and other tabloids – but in the more authoritative papers such as the Independent and the Times and The Telegraph. And quite interestingly, these references are NOT new, although the fact that we have heard them again quite recently does enable me to make a fair guess as to what I think has happened and I can trace them right back to their source. And the reason that I feel reasonably confident in my speculation is because my job did teach me a bit about how the Royal Press Machine works and so I can see what has happened.

If you are still with me, read on:

The first point to make is that in order to see what has happened, you have to understand how the BRF works when it comes to the Press. Unlike many other heads of state / crowned heads etc and their families, the BRF has always been rather sparing in what information they themselves make available publically. Royal and Princely families etc from other jurisdictions are often much more open with the press: for example, the late Princess Grace used to give quite full and open interviews with Ladies’ Home Journal, in which she discussed aspects of her marriage to the Prince very frankly. By contrast, traditionally the members of the BRF have never given ‘personal’ interviews to the press. The basis for this may well be the old British upper class habit of keeping their personal lives etc ‘private’ from the public.

Over the years various senior members of the BRF have of course given interviews about certain aspects of their ‘royal work’ – Princess Anne has spoken to [trusted] journalists about her work with SCF. Prince Philip has give interviews about a number of his interests and concerns. Personal matters being aired have been a fairly recent invention and, I have to say, quite a disastrous one: to name a few, forum members will probably recall Prince Charles’s famous ‘adultery’ confession to Jonathan Dimbleby, Diana’s famous Panorama interview and Sophie Wessex’s truly awful [and unbelievably clumsy considering that she was meant to be a savvy PR person] interview to the News of The World [‘’My Edward’s not gay’’] as an attempt to dampen down the ‘Fake Sheikh’ scandal. [I also do accept that Princess Michael of Kent and indeed Fergie have given ‘personal’ interviews quite frequently, but I am really concentrating on the senior members]

The general way, therefore, that the senior royals communicate is through the Press Office via their Press Secretaries and their press staff. Forum members may well have noticed how most official statements are attributable to ‘Buckingham Palace Spokesmen’ or more simply ‘Buckingham Palace’. So in other words, when the words ‘Buckingham Palace has stated that / An official spokesman has stated that..... A Palace Spokesman has stated that (e.g )Prince Philip is not expected to leave hospital today, I therefore immediately know [from my experience] that the newspaper reporter or the tv journalist will have spoken to a proper, identifiable royal press officer and that the comment is what the palace wish to be taken as official and is prepared to stand by it as an official statement.

Although, to be strictly accurate, I have to add from my own experience that the official comment is more often than not ‘ Buckingham Palace will not comment’/ An official spokesman said that he would not be commenting etc! This is because on the whole the BRF's press staff are quite circumspect.

Sometimes, the spokesman will be prepared to be named himself, which is why you occasionally have read named references to the spokesman concerned, but generally, by convention, the actual speaker’s name is NOT reported, a type of application of the ‘Chatham House’ rule.

The opposite end of the spectrum is when you read information in the papers about ‘a friend’ of the royals etc.’, you can pretty well be sure that the comment has not come from the Press Office. I know that some people take the view that such comments are usually made up, but, oddly enough, my own personal view formulated over the years is that newspapers don’t generally make up royal news, but I do think on occasion that I have seen exaggeration at times. No, it is an unfortunate fact that staff and acquaintances do talk directly to reporters – traditionally, any royal reporter worth his salt has an extensive network of people only too happy to talk to him or her. Usually in return for quite generous payment, I might add!!. I also have to say that sometimes the ‘talkative person’ is in fact another royal. I have seen mention of Richard Kay in disparaging terms on this forum, but don’t forget that Princess Diana actually counted him as a friend, and indeed was even caught out getting into his car on one occasion. Princess Michael of Kent also had quite a close working relationship with Nigel Dempster!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1210  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 643
Thank you for bearing with me so far. The mega-post is continuing..........

In between these two ends of the spectrum is an interesting ‘middle ground’, namely the Palace’s way of disseminating a piece of information that the Palace wishes to be in the public domain but without identifying it as an official utterance of the Palace press machine. The device for achieving this is for the relevant Buckingham Palace press staff member to make the information available by indicating that he is speaking as a palace source, i.e. without any mention of ‘official spokesman’ or ‘press officer’ etc. The key word to look for therefore is 'source' as in (say) 'Palace sources have stated that they don't think that Prince Philip will be shootiong this week, this weekend, next weekend etc'. From this you can deduce that the statement has been made by a member of the palace staff but not as an 'official announcement'.

This middle ground approach occurs usually only with trusted journalists, so that the spokesman is able to go a bit further. The information he gives can be relied on to be the ‘official view’ but a view that the Palace might not want to be publicly associated with. Such remarks are usually reported in the press or on tv as ‘a Buckingham Palace source’, but NEVER an Official Source [which would mean ‘an official press office statement’ and the speaker is never named or identified as an official spokesman or a member of the press office etc.. Such information does not have to be a ‘stand alone’ statement either, as it can often be given in addition to the official part of the briefing, in other words, appended by the speaker of the official part of the statement.

This device has worked quite well in the past with trusted journalists, who could be relied on not to name the source. A recent example occurred when Fergie was again repeating to everyone that she had received a ‘Nil’ divorce settlement. Under the terms of the Divorce Settlement there was apparently a general ‘confidentiality clause’ which would have prevented any further comment after the settlement; by either of the parties. Although Sarah had clearly broken her part of the agreement, the Palace was still legally bound by the terms of the order and thus an official spokesman could not start issuing formal statements to the effect that Sarah was not being truthful; however the ‘Buckingham Palace Source’ was able to confirm the truth [that Fergie had received a generous settlement but that she had spent it] to the papers [The Times and The Telegraph from memory]. And therefore, the statement could be relied on as being the official palace view.

The official source procedure and the confidentially and the trust all necessary for it to operate as intended does occasionally fall apart: One instance where everything went very wrong was the ‘Knives are all out for Fergie’ statement, where the name of the unfortunate speaker became public [ Charles Anson, the Queen’s press secretary!!].

Perhaps the most worrying trend of the unofficial source has been the art of spin-doctoring, and I am pretty sure that this is exactly what is behind the current ‘Charles does not want the Princesses to undertake royal duties’ controversy. This is my current thinking: the question of royal duties (or not) seems to have come to prominence again [it is NOT a new issue in fact] over the last 6 months or so and the catalyst for this seems to have been Beatrice’s graduation. It is quite instructive, I think, if we look at the Official statement attributed to a Buckingham Palace Spokesman"Princess Beatrice will over the coming months broaden her knowledge and experience to complement her position as a member of the Royal Family. "This will involve undertaking a number of internships to develop her experience, particularly in business and philanthropy.
"She will also continue to be involved with her existing charitable interests and look to progress this work into other relevant areas."

That’s the official view. There’s no mention of plans for royal duties, or not, come to that!! But the fact that some papers have AGAIN mentioned the desire of Charles to limit royal duties to his immediate family makes me think that an official source has again confirmed this to the Daily Mail etc. And what I can tell forum members – and provide an actual NAME – is that the plans for the ‘slimmed down’ monarchy were first disclosed over 10 years ago by....Mark Bolland. I would therefore hazard a guess that some of those journalists have pressed the official spokesman to go further and act as a ‘source’ by asking the Official Spokesman to confirm whether the thinking as originally disclosed by Mark Bolland still reflects the thinking of the Prince of Wales.

So there you have it. Thank you for bearing with me and I apologise if I have offended anyone here with what I have said.

Alex
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1211  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:50 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,873
I had a thought today... I think that there's one path Beatrice can take career wise if her long term goal is in fact to be come a full time working royal: she could enter the military. That's the only position I can really think of where she'd earn the respect of the public and be seen as an asset to the royal family. I'm a fan of Beatrice, and I'd like to see her as a working royal, so I hope she considers it. She's fighting an uphill battle- her parents are generally disliked and she's really only known for her um... interesting fashion choices.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1212  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 778
Hum... just 2 little thoughts on this:
1- we just went through a «Finding Sarah» public fiasco so if Beatrice was to start royal duties right now or soon it would give credibility to Sarah's (imho) infamous attempt to stay in the public life as a full royal personality and will certainly (and unfortunately) encourage Sarah to pursue other dubious business entreprises taking advantage of the royal aura.
And 2 - the future queen consort, Catherine, just started her public life and, at least in many businesses, unless needed, two products are rarely launched at the same time to avoid consumer cannibalism (when you don't gain market share with a new product but eat up your own); in our case, avoiding business cannibalism here would mean not having another newbie starting almost at the same time as Catherine. They probably want to make everything possible to ensure that Catherine's public life is a success because she's the wife of a future king and that might just mean delaying a possible public life for Bea (a colorful cousin of a future king) and, if God permits they might succeed in killing two birds with one stone if Sarah fades away in the meantime.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1213  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,131
Beatrice has never shown any interest in the military so I don't think she would be proceeding down that path.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1214  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Beatrice has never shown any interest in the military so I don't think she would be proceeding down that path.
Oh I know- I wasn't trying to imply that it's likely as a possibility. I was just trying to think of how Beatrice could be effectively "re-branded" so that she gains the respect of the public and is therefore seen as an asset to the Firm by Charles and his advisers. That was the only thing she could to that would have an immediate and dramatic impact on how she's viewed, in my opinion.

She could also work hard at more difficult charity work- more hands on than just the fundraising at fancy parties circuit. A real dedicated effort to a great cause would help her public image in time.

Basically, if Beatrice wants to be a full time working royal, she needs to get out there and work on her public image and prove to her uncle that she'd be an asset to the family. She's at a crucial point as far as figuring out her future- it'll be interesting to see what choices she makes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1215  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 721
I can't see how she would have impressed anyone so far. In 7 months she hasn't done any charity work just showing up at parties in pretty dresses, fashion shows and holidays. I would think if she really wanted to show how serious was she would already be involved and be seen to working hard with some charity. I don't count her mother putting her down as some ambassador you never see or hear of her doing any charity work. Doing something without being asked and showing some initiative would go far. But so far it's been one very long holiday and soon she will be showing up on the ski fields. So it looks if she is going to do something it probably won't happen till February. Not exactly going out of her way and I think this kind of thing feeds the negative stories and probably verifies to Charles he has done the right thing. Fergie usually tags along too so we will get the family pictures of them all having a first class holiday, I can already see the headlines that is going to make.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1216  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
It is quite instructive, I think, if we look at the Official statement attributed to a[/FONT] Buckingham Palace Spokesman"Princess Beatrice will over the coming months broaden her knowledge and experience to complement her position as a member of the Royal Family. "This will involve undertaking a number of internships to develop her experience, particularly in business and philanthropy. [/SIZE]
"She will also continue to be involved with her existing charitable interests and look to progress this work into other relevant areas."



Alex
Very interesting, Alex. and I recall reading this @ the time, and thinking that suggestions that Beatrice was being sidelined were incorrect. What I don't understand is why we see no evidence that she is doing any of what the 'source' said she would be doing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1217  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,131
We don't actually know what she has been doing.

For all we know she could have been working very hard with a charity or two but not blowing her own trumpet about it.

Sure she has turned up at charity events - which is what most royals do. They don't actually do the day to day dirty work but rather make speeches and attend expensive dinners and other fundraisers to raise money and gain attention for the charity.

The problem is that most people don't realise what royals do for a charity - and it is raise the profile of the charity so that people will donate to it.

Beatrice has run the marathon for a charity and auctioned her hat.

She may be doing nothing. She may be applying for jobs - and according to figures in DM recently there are 23 applicants for each job on average 23 applicants for every job vacancy...and there are 46 for each customer service role | Mail Online

So she gets a job and immediately she will get bad press for taking a job from another person.

She is damned if she tries to get a job and she is damned if she doesn't.

The fact that we aren't being told exactly what she is doing is probably a mistake on behalf of the Duke of York and his household, if she is doing something but if she isn't doing anything then they need to get her into something pretty quickly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1218  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Susanna Wynne's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jackson Hole, United States
Posts: 262
Diarist: Thank you for this interesting, important and in-depth discussion of how things really work at and through BP!

It is, by this time, a highly sophisticated operation -- and ever so subtle, yet able to put the pressure on anyone at anytime. We are being very naive if we don't realize this process and accept that it is used when things threaten to get out of hand or the press starts criticizing a member of the BRP who is not reflecting well on the overall perception of the family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1219  
Old 12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Speaking of charities, does anyone know what charity Beatrice and Eugenie prefer? Besides their mothers' I mean. As an example, Prince William is very close to Centrepoint and Prince Harry Sentebale. I don't know that I've ever seen the two Princesses actually zone in on one favorite charity. Please correct me if i am wrong.
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
Reply With Quote
  #1220  
Old 12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,131
Beatrice supported Children in Crisis and UNICEF with her hat and with the Marathon.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
career, education, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, royal duties, social life, styles and titles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duties, Roles and Royal Training of the Princes JOY! Prince William and Prince Harry 214 02-20-2013 07:07 PM
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie: Old News and Photos Warren The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 87 10-18-2011 04:11 PM
Beatrice and Eugenie : Baby/child Pics: Part 1 Martine The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 133 03-03-2006 11:25 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]