The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

Well I guess I just wonder where it stops, nieces, nephews, second and third cousins, etc?

Like most people with some type of British ancestry in their background, I feel certain that I have a Royal there somewhere, do I owe something as well?

Prince Andrew WORKS by performing Royal Duties, that means he EARNS his money. IF he chooses to share some of it with his daughters or it is spent for their benefit, it is HIS money, HE EARNED IT.

WHY do some people seem so willing TO TAKE THESE HUMAN BEINGS that happen to be Royal and ROB THEM OF THEIR HUMANITY and demand that they be SUPERIOR? Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ONCE IN HER ENTIRE LIFE, when Diana died PUT HER FAMILY FIRST (her grandsons) and she was CASTIGATED AND CUT OFF AT THE KNEES AND LEFT BLEEDING FOR IT?

This is just not right.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Well, I'd say that as they're the Queen's grandchildren then they can be considered as a part of the firm. Nieces, nephews, second and third cousins etc we don't bother with but a grandchild of a sovereign is expected to do their bit. I'd suggest that Prince Andrew isn't exactly the hardest workest Royal and I think I wouldn't be the only one on these forums to suggest to you that the British have been wise to his game for a long time. He's a notorious lazy Royal who spends more time pursuing golf and his ex wife than charity work.

The whole point of a Royal Family is apparantly that they are superior. If they don't want to be superior, if they want to be normal - then they can leave us all now. And that goes for Beatrice and Eugenie as well, they can't have their cake and eat it as you're so fond to say. They either want to be Royal and live in luxury whilst earning their keep or they want to be normal and they give up the ghost.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Pss Beatrice and Eugenie very well may taken on royal duties like Anne and the others once they're older. The Queen herself has a vast fortune that does not come from the British taxpayers and if she chooses to spend some of her $$$ on her grandchildren - like most grandparents do - so be it. But neither girl receives anything from the civil list. As for robbing the BRF of their humanity, I think that in the past few decades the opposite has been happening and they are appearing MORE human with all the imperfections of us mere mortals. As time moves on, more and more ppl are becoming disillustioned w the awe of monarchy and are starting to view them as no better than anyone else.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:59 PM

The problem is, granny buying a pony we can stomach. Granny paying the girls to party so they don't have to get a job is a bit much don't you think? You see, when they say the girls don't recieve anything from the Civil List, I have to wonder how true that is. The girls come from a monied family, where did that money come from? Well, it came from whoever paid Andrew, who surely is the Queen? So I kinda think the British people, whether today or 50 years ago, are paying for these girls to take the piss and it's a little bit much. As you rightly say Bella, they're being as seen as no better than anyone else and when that happens, I wonder how they can possibly justify their worthless existance.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Well, I realize where I am, I am probably going to get in trouble for saying this, but here goes anyway;

IF the British Public REALLY DON'T LIKE IT, then why don't they stop BOWING, SCRAPING, CURTESYING, GROVELING AND BEGGING FOR ATTENTION AND STATUS from the Monarchy then? The Royal Family ONLY has status BECAUSE YOU GOOD FOLKS GIVE IT TO THEM FREELY?
Old 01-03-2008, 03:03 PM

lol. We haven't bowed, scraped, grovelled or begged for attention for a very long time. We put up with them, we might even learn to live with them but the days of falling over each other to shuffle a little furthur up the Royal behind are long gone. Which spells disaster for Bea and Eugenie. If they weren't Royal, they'd be signing on and they'd be called spongers. I'd suggest that they may not get JSA, but they no different to the irresponsible oxygen thieves I see wandering round my local area. No job, no direction, nothing.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Of course you do as a whole people, look at your newspapers, look at your television news programs, LOOK WHERE YOU SPEND YOUR TAX MONEY. That says it all.
Beatrixfan, IF you want to give me $5000 a month, call me Sir and hope I smile at you, FEEL FREE, I will take it all with a smile. It is still YOUR CHOICE.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:10 PM

And do we publish the newspapers? Do we write the articles? Why are you getting uppity with me as if I'm Rupert Murdoch or as if I'm God who sat Lizzie's bum on the throne in the first place?
Old 01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Commoner

Princess Beatrice had just finished her secondary education, and may well be considering further education.

Princess Eugenie is still at school.

They are in a priveleged position of being supported by their parents. I am hoping that Princess Beatrice will find good use of her time. If she was a commoner she would have to seek employment, or if she have some money to start a business.

These princesses are free to to go to social occasions, and is befitting that royal princesses go to parties, which must surely be one of several way of meeting people and possibly potential husbands. We should not begrudge others from going to parties, for there is a limit to happiness (such as from drinking and dancing) derived from partying which is surely reached by all whether common or royal. In other words royalty and common people are equally happy at parties.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And do we publish the newspapers? Do we write the articles? Why are you getting uppity with me as if I'm Rupert Murdoch or as if I'm God who sat Lizzie's bum on the throne in the first place?
When you post, you most often post as if speaking for the British people as a whole, when you do, I respond in kind and I think I can clearly demonstrate that your viewpoint does not appear to coincide with that of the majority.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
These princesses are free to to go to social occasions, and is befitting that royal princesses go to parties, which must surely be one of several way of meeting people and possibly potential husbands. We should not begrudge others from going to parties, for there is a limit to happiness (such as from drinking and dancing) derived from partying which is surely reached by all whether common or royal. In other words royalty and common people are equally happy at parties.
Sure thing and if they want to come to G-A-Y or Heaven and have a bop with me then I'd shake my funky tail feathers with 'em tomorrow but I sort of think that when I have to work to afford my partying, they could at least make an effort to do the same.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Then obviously your complaint is with the CASH that they have, not necessarily the position they hold. There are a number of Commoners who are extremely wealthy and whose children do not work as well, all over the world.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, if I see a poll like the one lately from Discovery Channel where the questioned 18 to 24 year olds believe that the RF is not offering value for money, then I doubt these youngsters think of hard-working princess Anne or even her more lazily inclined brother Andrew - for them these Royal dinosaurs probably don't exist.

I believ they formed their opinion on the princes and princesses of their age and gosh, I believe, too, that these kids are not worth the title TRH eith the life they live at the moment. I'm sure that will change at least for William and Harry is doing a good job as a young officer, but still they are spending much more than their wages and other youngsters obviously feel that's not right.

While those young debutante princesses should either decide to get rid of their HRH and start living like the "ordinary" daughters of a duke or behave with the decorum fit or young princesses. There are enough Innes-Ker, FitzRoy, Montagu-Douglas-Scott or Percy-girls around and nobody bothers with them because that's the way it is with duke's daughters, but when it comes to a duke's daughter with a style of HRH the opinion is different. IMHO.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondBrg View Post
Then obviously your complaint is with the CASH that they have, not necessarily the position they hold. There are a number of Commoners who are extremely wealthy and whose children do not work as well, all over the world.
As if I don't know that. Look at it this way. Edward VIII was a party Prince of Wales and the people stomached it because nobody expected the Royal Family to do anything else. Nowadays, things are a little different and the idea of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie being perfectly formed by God who may never be criticised is so alien to the modern British psyche that it's not only silly to expect that archaic attitude to exist but it's actually quite insulting to the intelligence of the British people to put up with a Royal Family that constantly takes without giving anything. Now, thankfully that hasn't happened yet but put aside the Queen, the DoE, the PoW, the DoC and the Princess Royal and what have you got - William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie. The future big four. And what are they doing? Nothing. They're partying but there's no substance. Nobody minds if they do party every night if during the day, they visit a hospital or two, or visit a school. If Princess Anne goes out for a meal with a friend or if she started going to Claridges for tea every week, I can promise you that nobody would complain. Why? Because she earns her keep. She works hard and so she's entitled to enjoyment - that's something the British have always been keen on. Beatrice and Eugenie have to accept that.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Now, thankfully that hasn't happened yet but put aside the Queen, the DoE, the PoW, the DoC and the Princess Royal and what have you got - William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie. The future big four. And what are they doing? Nothing.
Prince William and Prince Harry are officers in the Army, and are doing what are expected as princes. Prince William is thought to be going to the RAF to familiarize himself with the armed forces, in preparation for his future. Prince Harry, it seems, is becoming established as a career officer. As for the two princesses, as I have said Princess Eugenie is still at school, and we cannot expect any more until she has completed her education. Princess Beatrice had recently left school, and it appears, still yet to find herself either a place in university, a career, or perhaps business. I can expect no more, and it would be presumptous to make suggestions for a junior royal. As far as I am concerned, at this time, we should allow her to decide for herself what she wants to do with her life - she may well be advised by others within the royal family and by her confidantes.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_of_Sussex View Post
I can expect no more, and it would be presumptous to make suggestions for a junior royal.
Uh, huh... I am not sure you found the right forums if you have that view on the monarchy. We love to make suggestions and we enjoy to be presumptous but most of all we all know better, I'm afraid....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
---SNIPPED----While those young debutante princesses should either decide to get rid of their HRH and start living like the "ordinary" daughters of a duke or behave with the decorum fit or young princesses. There are enough Innes-Ker, FitzRoy, Montagu-Douglas-Scott or Percy-girls around and nobody bothers with them because that's the way it is with duke's daughters, but when it comes to a duke's daughter with a style of HRH the opinion is different. IMHO.
I agree with you, I feel that they should have to drop the HRH. I do not have a problem with whether they earn a living, many people, young and old are in the privileged position of not having to earn their crust, (we still have to pay tax though)!

I don't care that their father pays for their upkeep, but if they want to use the HRH, that is what they need to earn.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_of_Sussex View Post
Prince William and Prince Harry are officers in the Army, and are doing what are expected as princes.
Drinking vodka through the nose is exprected from British princes? I didn't know that...
Old 01-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Drinking vodka through the nose is exprected from British princes? I didn't know that...
All experiences are ... good? even for the British princes...

What duties they have? How many times they spend doing these duties?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
If you provide me with a newspaper article or other reputable source, then I will believe you!

At least these two princes are not wasting time. They are multi-millionaires, and would not be obliged to work. The point is, they are working. They even subject themselves to the discipline of serving in the armed forces. I won't labour the point that I am making here. Most royals these days are making good use of their time.

... I thought this thread was about Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie! (I will get back on topic!)

Tags
career, education, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, royal duties, social life, styles and titles