Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie 1: Discussion Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst degrees in History et. all are quite nobel, in the the US it usually equates with "Do you want fries with that?"
(Have a friend who has a degree in Geology. He's still trying to find work. Unemployed over 2 years.)

With the breadth and scope of talent that surrounds these 2 young women, why not go into business a la Duchy of Cornwall and give a lot of profits to charity. Killing two birds with 1 stone: They get the exposure of doing some good in the world and they get a nice living from it.

To me, the real problem with Beatrice starting work and building up a career is that it would be very hard to combine with undertaking royal duties.

Most jobs in the UK [certainly for new graduates] (and if you are lucky enough to actually find work), are for 5 days a week. I just cannot easily conceive of a scenario where (say) Beatrice starts work and then needs time off. Suppose for example that at the end of the summer Beatrice had started work as a research assistant for a historical Review. She would have needed time off for an appearance at a Charity fundraiser in the City [remember how she appeared with Eugenie and Sarah (with Harry turning up later) to raise money for Children in Crisis]. A couple of weeks later Dave is going out to New Mexico in connection with the Virgin space project. Beatrice breaks off work to go with him. True, she gets leave, but most companies give you about 25 days' annual leave here in the UK, and when you add Sotogrande / Canada/ Eccelstone wedding/ Ski-ing with Paddy McNally, there's not a great deal of time for Beatrice to be undertaking royal engagements as well. IF she works 3 days a week, it is going to be seen as exceptional and a privilege, because most employers want you for 5 days a week. Which is why I made the suggestion that marriage can be combined with royal duties, or working [unpaid] for a charity or the royal collection for 2 or 3 days a week with the remainder of the time being given over to royal duties...........

I just don't know what the answer is. But I just feel that things can't really be left to drift too long...

Just my thoughts,

Alex

Last edited:
Whilst degrees in History et. all are quite nobel, in the the US it usually equates with "Do you want fries with that?"
(Have a friend who has a degree in Geology. He's still trying to find work. Unemployed over 2 years.)

Unfortunately, this is so true. Small comfort to be able to recite Shakespeare while flipping a burger, sad to say.

I think this is part of the larger question of how the minor royals are going to keep supporting themselves or keep being supported in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed.

If Beatrice and Eugenie have a 4 million pound trust fund, then if it is to last their whole lives, they shouldn't withdraw more than 2% or so per year, or 40,000 pound each. that not a terible living, but it doesn't cover London rents, designer clothes, car hires, or 10 pound cocktails. Those types of expenses are either being underwritten , or they are drawing down the trust rather rapidly. Will the underwriting continue, and if so, for how long?

The royals don't come out of university with good Oxbridge degrees that send them into lucrative jobs in the City. They can, with their contact, get access to reasonably well paid jobs in PR, marketiing, and business. However, business fucntions on one's Rolodex. The Palace seems to regard it as sordid for royal contacts to be used, as evidenced by their treatment of Sophie and Edward ( to be fair, the latter two seemed to have no clue about conflict of interest). Peter Phillips is agood model, having made a decent living for himself in corporate PR/special events. However, he lives on his parents' estate, and he didn't think 500K was such an insignificant sum that he could turn down Hello's offer for a wedding photo shoot, for which he was criticized. the Palace will probably have to decide: support minor royals forever, or make peace with their business deals.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie especially Beatrice should at least attend functions with her father or be his official representative she is now 23 and should have official royal duties as a princess with the title HRH.

but it doesn't cover London rents, designer clothes, car hires, or 10 pound cocktails.

I'd just like to say that as far as clothes, car hire and drinks go Beatrice and Eugenie as with probably every other 'younger' royal is bound to get them for free or for a significantly reduced prize. If a Princess wears a designers dress, that designer is pretty much guaranteed to reap the benefits. Look at Catherine, a royal nobody, and she's praised as a fashion icon because the clothes she wears sell out in seconds.

The royals don't come out of university with good Oxbridge degrees that send them into lucrative jobs in the City.

Quick point, a degree from Goldsmiths or Newcastle particularly a 2:1 in Beatrice and Eugenie's fields are just as could as an oxbridge degree. Someone earlier mentioned that the girls could very well get a job with their degrees or in Eugenie's case her potential degree, but are choosing not to due to the current economic climate.

They can, with their contact, get access to reasonably well paid jobs in PR, marketiing, and business. However, business fucntions on one's Rolodex. The Palace seems to regard it as sordid for royal contacts to be used, as evidenced by their treatment of Sophie and Edward ( to be fair, the latter two seemed to have no clue about conflict of interest). Peter Phillips is agood model, having made a decent living for himself in corporate PR/special events. However, he lives on his parents' estate, and he didn't think 500K was such an insignificant sum that he could turn down Hello's offer for a wedding photo shoot, for which he was criticized. the Palace will probably have to decide: support minor royals forever, or make peace with their business deals.

I don't see how a job in PR, marketing or business would do either of these girls any good as they will both have degrees in History, English Lit and Politics. They would pretty much have to use their royal connections to get a job in those areas without degrees, particularly business from what i've heard.

Peter Phillips also does not have a title to his name, and parents such as Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York. Peter Phillips as a practical private citizen was IMO right to take the Hello! publication deal, and it was a good thing to see the BRF sweat over their public image they so often hide. He, now, lives back on his mother's estate, but to be quite honest, have you seen the estate? What son would not want to live their?

Beatrice and Eugenie have a trust fund, it is theirs to use as they wish and when they wish. William and Harry and presumably Zara and Peter had one as well, W&H have their mothers benefits to hide behind and Z&P have no royal title to criticise over. Beatrice and Eugenie are between a rock and a hard place, one they have not chosen to be in nor can easily get out of. :)

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie especially Beatrice should at least attend functions with her father or be his official representative she is now 23 and should have official royal duties as a princess with the title HRH.

Official representative? For what exactly? Andrew is a royal and does his own duties, why should his daughter do the ones he is supposed to do? Both girls have done duties with their fathers and are seen more often at the traditional royal gatherings than the Wales brothers. Eugenie is still in University, therefore should be allowed the privacy given to her sibling and cousins. IMO, as both Harry and William have chosen a life of military which is to be partly respected, they neither are full time royals yet. Whilst I agree Beatrice and Eugenie should do something for the BRF, I don't think it should be 'full time' until William and Harry are full time.

I wonder if we'll have this discussion about Louise and James when they come to this age,

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll have this discussion about Louise and James when they come to this age,

I don't think we will because Sophie and Edward smartly chose to not use their HRH title, thus they do not end up in a position where they will feel they have to "earn the title". The only thing we will have with the Wessex children is James' association with The Duke of Edinburgh Award when he takes the title from his father. He will forever remain in the limelight mainly because of his title inherited from his grandfather, the creator.

I don't see anything wrong with the Princesses getting full time jobs and then doing odd charty functions with, or without their father. Prince Michael has a HRH title, yet he does not continuously carry out engagements on behalf of HM. We know he has personal charities he is associated with and represents the Queen on certain occasions, but he is not in the Court Circular. Only The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are. Therefore you could say Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are in a similar position to Prince Michael. He was a grandson of a Monarch at the time of his birth, just like the Princesses.

Therefore you could say Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are in a similar position to Prince Michael. He was a grandson of a Monarch at the time of his birth, just like the Princesses.

This may have been mentioned before, but when one ponders the feasibility of Princess Beatrice and her sister performing royal duties in a fashion they seem to be in circumstances similar to Princess Alexandra when the Queen ascended the throne. Right now there are only two princesses that perform royal duties: Princess Alexandra and the Princess Royal. While there are over five princes that perform royal duties. Shouldn't Beatrice and Eugenie be allowed to contribute as Princess Alexandra approaches retirement?:ermm:

That's what I think as well. After all, as Princess Alexandra and The Duchess of Gloucester gradually slow down their schedules, the funds that would have covered those duties could then be used somewhere else. If Eugenie and Beatrice don't have any royal engagements, that means that in 10 years there'll be only The Princess Royal (71), The Countess of Wessex (57), and a 75-year-old Duchess of Gloucester still active. If Prince Harry doesn't marry before that, there will be only The Duchess of Cambridge representing the younger generation of Royal women.

While there are over five princes that perform royal duties. Shouldn't Beatrice and Eugenie be allowed to contribute as Princess Alexandra approaches retirement?:ermm:

Last edited:
If Eugenie and Beatrice don't have any royal engagements, that means that in 10 years there'll be only The Princess Royal (71), The Countess of Wessex (57), and a 75-year-old Duchess of Gloucester still active.

Isn't the Duchess of Gloucester curtailing some of her activities now?
I just read an article about a tennis club that is wooing Kate to take over as patron because the Duchess is retiring.

I'd just like to say that as far as clothes, car hire and drinks go Beatrice and Eugenie as with probably every other 'younger' royal is bound to get them for free or for a significantly reduced prize. If a Princess wears a designers dress, that designer is pretty much guaranteed to reap the benefits. Look at Catherine, a royal nobody, and she's praised as a fashion icon because the clothes she wears sell out in seconds.

But that's Catherine!
She looks like a fashion model and makes the clothes look great.
When have we ever heard of one of Beatrice or Eugenie's outfits selling out?

It reminds me of years ago, when Fergie expected to get designer clothes as freebies because Diana was always practically begged to wear anything the designers created.
The problem was, Fergie wasn't Diana.

Last edited:
But that's Catherine!
She looks like a fashion model and makes the clothes look great.
When have we ever heard of one of Beatrice or Eugenie's outfits selling out?

Indeed she looks like a fashion model, stick thin and piles on the make up. Maybe she'd look better on a runway than the royal stage. :lol:
I've heard and seen numerous stories that Beatrice and Eugenie sell clothes for designers very well, that red dress Beatrice wore at a fashion show a few weeks ago will have certainly sold in numbers. These are two very good looking girls, IMO, better looking than Catherine who gets this attention due to her newbie status.

I don't think we will because Sophie and Edward smartly chose to not use their HRH title, thus they do not end up in a position where they will feel they have to "earn the title". The only thing we will have with the Wessex children is James' association with The Duke of Edinburgh Award when he takes the title from his father. He will forever remain in the limelight mainly because of his title inherited from his grandfather, the creator.

Well whether Edward gets DofE is not definite. So we could see James and Louise disappear. They still have titles, Lady and Viscount Severn and if they choose to be in the limelight when older than we may see the appearance of the "what do they do?" conversation.

Last edited:
Indeed she looks like a fashion model, stick thin and piles on the make up. Maybe she'd look better on a runway than the royal stage. :lol:
I've heard and seen numerous stories that Beatrice and Eugenie sell clothes for designers very well, that red dress Beatrice wore at a fashion show a few weeks ago will have certainly sold in numbers. These are two very good looking girls, IMO, better looking than Catherine who gets this attention due to her newbie status.

I'll have to take your word for it, because I've never seen a single news item about Beatrice or Eugenie having the ability to sell clothes to the extent Catherine does.

(Not uless you are counting Halloween costumes; I did hear that Beatrice's wedding ensemble was a top-seller this year). :lol:

I'll have to take your word for it, because I've never seen a single news item about Beatrice or Eugenie having the ability to sell clothes to the extent Catherine does.

(Not uless you are counting Halloween costumes; I did hear that Beatrice's wedding ensemble was a top-seller this year). :lol:

With Catherine being compared to Mary, Diana and whoever else they can find. I don't think you'd find a single article mentioned her with Beatrice and Eugenie, i'll try and look for the ones i've read. You won't find them in the DM though. ;)

This is a good point

Quick point, a degree from Goldsmiths or Newcastle particularly a 2:1 in Beatrice and Eugenie's fields are just as could as an oxbridge degree. Someone earlier mentioned that the girls could very well get a job with their degrees or in Eugenie's case her potential degree, but are choosing not to due to the current economic climate.

I don't see how a job in PR, marketing or business would do either of these girls any good as they will both have degrees in History, English Lit and Politics. They would pretty much have to use their royal connections to get a job in those areas without degrees, particularly business from what i've heard.

Peter Phillips also does not have a title to his name, and parents such as Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York. Peter Phillips as a practical private citizen was IMO right to take the Hello! publication deal, and it was a good thing to see the BRF sweat over their public image they so often hide. He, now, lives back on his mother's estate, but to be quite honest, have you seen the estate? What son would not want to live their?

I think this is sort of the point that I'm getting at here. The sorts of jobs they can get with their degrees are not going to be enough to support them as members of the upper class, unless they leverage their royal connections. If the Palace doesn't want them to do that, they have to be subsidized.

I think we probably will, especially when it comes to who will pay for upkeep on Bagshot Park. The Queen did pay rent for various cousins at Kensington Palace. Will a King William want to keep his cousins in a 57 room house? Less probable.

This is a good point
I think this is sort of the point that I'm getting at here. The sorts of jobs they can get with their degrees are not going to be enough to support them as members of the upper class, unless they leverage their royal connections. If the Palace doesn't want them to do that, they have to be subsidized.

I think we probably will, especially when it comes to who will pay for upkeep on Bagshot Park. The Queen did pay rent for various cousins at Kensington Palace. Will a King William want to keep his cousins in a 57 room house? Less probable.

I doubt they'll be living such a life. Those kids will likely get real jobs. Unless they turn out rather stuck up and decide to use their royal titles, they'll grow up anonymously enough that they'll be alright. They'll go to all the right schools and make the right connections but won't be in the spotlight, especially as William and possibly Harry should have children by the time James and Louise are hitting their teens. They'll b good for the occasional story but unless they do something big (positive or negative) they won't draw too much attention.

Sometimes minor members of the family get a lot of attention. In the 80's Lord Lindley and Lady Helen got quite a bit of attention.

:previous: True. Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones was in the picture a fair bit as well back then.

With Catherine being compared to Mary, Diana and whoever else they can find. I don't think you'd find a single article mentioned her with Beatrice and Eugenie, i'll try and look for the ones i've read. You won't find them in the DM though. ;)

It might be off topic but....I agree with how the press treats Kate vs. B & E. Kate gets, for the most part, great and perfect. Her past jobs, family, university, etc. glossed over for now. B & E get horrible fashion, lazy, no jobs, blah blah. What makes them so different?

I still think there best bet is to get a normal job, do charity work and when they are old enough retire to work for the family.

I also wonder why Andrew is so keen to have his daughters take on a public role. Yes they will get the opportunity to serve their country but there are better less public ways to do it. Why is there a need to be so " royal" when they can still help people and be "normal"?

If you were an employer would you employ a young lady knowing that at some time in the next decade they will be leaving to work for the royal family - all that expense in training them - sorry not an option. Employing someone and training them to have them leave for a better job within the same type of industry is one thing but to have to waste that expense isn't sensible.

If they get normal jobs then that should be it - they should build their careers with the sure and certain knowledge that they can keep that career forever - so if the scenario arises where there is only William, Kate and Harry to carry the royal load - so be it - the family has to make a final decision now and not expect to change it in the years ahead.

You make a good point. I think a private life is the way to go ultimately but as long as the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill I don't think they will wind up caring as much.

I hear you! :lol: Beatrice and Eugenie really are attractive young women and, to be honest, I look forward with anticipation for each of their public appearances far more than I do that of their new in-law.

I believe there are a lot more young women out there who have a lot more in common with them and the unkind public showing of their puppy-fat issues and emerging fashion sense. That is where Beatrice and Eugenie have that particular market sewn up. Even if they are wearing something that we think is the wrong colour, etc. we still like the actual dress. And, there are many, many more young women to buy them, which equals big money. And for those snarky types who snipe that they could only sell Halloween costumes, I think B & E are definitely having the last laugh! Treacy and Westwood are both aware that there is not such thing as bad publicity.

Royal wedding 2011: Princess Beatrice and Eugenie's outlandish outfits | Mail Online

Beatrice and Eugenie both have different but quite distinct personal taste and I love seeing when they hit big or miss by a whisker. It's way more fun, and to be honest, so are they. Beatrice seems to have the ability to turn lemons into lemonade with style and grace as seen with her health and fitness regime which culminated in a publicly acknowledged marathon run for charity (how many have even attempted one let alone faced the fact that if they didn't finish it, it would be front page news). Her very public Ebay sale of "The Hat" was a self deprecating stroke of genius which resulted in a really great payoff for her two nominated charities.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4NJcBJ7vxZ3i63G4Q&sig2=De5hhlVEu5FiMmaqtRMsgQ

London Marathon 2010: Princess Beatrice's caterpillar convoy lets good times roll - Telegraph

Beatrice always seems to have a wonderful smile for everybody, and they are regulars at the Easter and Christmas Royal gatherings. I love how they so easily assume the role of Lady-in-Waiting for their Grandmother outside the church at each of these occasions. They are both gracious and vivacious in that capacity and they do the BRF (and their Granny) proud.

The Queen, Prince Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie lead royal family at church service on Christmas Day - hellomagazine.com

To be honest, these girls are in the public eye, they are normal, surprisingly well-adjusted young women who are an asset to the BRF. Why not use them?

Hear, Hear!!!:flowers: As much as I like the newer recruits to the BRF, it can't hurt to have another couple of fresh faces on the team.

To be honest, these girls are in the public eye, they are normal, surprisingly well-adjusted young women who are an asset to the BRF. Why not use them?

It really is a case of wait and see. It's is up to Charles in the end as he will be the one paying for them. As for their careers who said they have any plans on being career women? They may do what a lot of girls do in their position work for awhile then get married and have a family. They can afford too. So far Bea hasn't shown any real interest in doing charity work on her own because I'm certain it would be leaked and used to show her in a better light then just out partying all the time. The way Sarah always manages to talk about the girls she would have said something, I don't think she could help herself. Plus it puts a good light on her. Doing one marathon run and selling a silly hat doesn't show a huge passion to me. Many people do that run and they do it every year and they raise money for charities and work full time as well that shows commitment. Whatever it is Bea is going to do it doesn't look like she is going to start until next year after her annual ski trip. As most places don't generally start people this close to Christmas. I also think that since this theory that Charles doesn't want them to be fulltime working Royals has been around for awhile I can't believe that no one bothered to tell Bea and Eugenie so they should have chosen their courses and thought about what else they want to do. Of course we do have Andrew pushing for them but I see that as him wanting them to have the perks and lifestyle more then them having a huge passion for charity work. Maybe in time we will get to hear more about the 'plan" for the Royal family for the future. Time will tell but we should know something in the next couple of months at least where Bea does her first of her many internships.

It seems I am way outnumbered on this forum, but I still think that, until the York princesses prove they are to be taken seriously by being above reproach in their personal lives and using good judgment about appearances with their mother (i.e., no more appearances like the one on Oprah or accepting invitations to participate in Euro rich-trash events, etc.), the BRF and their advisors will not want them officially representing the family.

You don't have to DO anything to end up with a poor image in the public mind. Sometimes it's what you don't do - and it's often ineffable. Some people have charisma (William) and others do not. William and Harry are both benefited by the mana shed by their mother,..............

William and Harry certainly benefit from the affection in which people held their mother, and of course this has been magnified by the fact that Diana died tragically at a young age, which is very good for the 'sympathy' vote as well, but what the two Princes have over the two Princesses is the fact that both William and Harry are serving in the Forces. in other words, they are percieved to be working in a tough job, whereas - however unfair it might seem - Beatrice has not yet got a job [however good her reason may be] and Eugenie, although at Univesity and therefore precluded from full tme work is - however unfairly it may seem - is still being painted as a clubbing-and-holidaying person in her free time.

Alex

After Catherine became engaged and wound down her involvement with her parents' company, they advertised for a director of marketing. Presumably then, that's what she was doing.

A very logical conclusion, Mermaid, but apparently not. The job advert did attract comment at the time, and the specialist marketing press made it clear that it was a different role entirely - full time, need for experience, IoM Certificate etc. I can remember reading that Catherine's job involved photography, was 'part time'e etc and seemed to be rather nebulous as well in my humble opinion.

Only my thoughs,

Alex

Please could I help with a little information about some of what Lumutqueen has said?

I cannot speak for Beatrice and Eugenie, but so far as most Royals are concerned, they do NOT 'get freebies' - they are NOT allowed to accept them. The Times' fashion correspondent and Vogue have, over the years, made the point that members of the Royal Family pay for what they wear, although there has always been speculation that some sort of 'special rate' is allowed.

Princess Michael of Kent according to London gossip over years does get free clothes; she was rumoured to be in receipt of 'freebies' from Roberto Devorik [London-based Argentininan fashion entrepreneur], ditto Gianfranco Ferre when he was alive. Princess Michael herself also mentioned to a journalist that she had a relative who worked for the Parisian fashion house of Nina Ricci, who also helped her access clothes to borrow as well as keep. Whether this is true or not we don't know.

So far as Fergie is concerned, during her marriage, her staff approached a number of designers looking for freebies. One of these, Zandra Rhodes, actually was quoted in the press turning the request down with the immortal words ' Darling, I don't need the bad publicity'. [This unkind-sounding remark has to be placed in the context of the times - Sarah was being roundly criticised for her wardrobe and indeed her figure, at that time]

Quick point, a degree from Goldsmiths or Newcastle particularly a 2:1 in Beatrice and Eugenie's fields are just as could as an oxbridge degree.

However unfair it might seem, I don't think this is actually true. I went to Oxford, and however unfair it sounds - and indeed snobbish -, believe you me, it opened doors for me in a way that a degree from Goldsmiths never could have done. Like I said, it is very unfair, and the actual quality of the degree is probably not that different in theory, but in practice, there is a world of difference. It's a good few years since I was job hunting, but any Oxbridge graduate is exposed to a recruiting process that most other university students could only dream about. Newcastle is a 'better' university in theory [whatever 'better' really means] than Goldsmith's, because it is a Russell Group [a bit like 'Ivy League] University and Goldsmiths is not. It may be nasty, narrow-minded and uinfair, but I am afraid that most employers, faced with identical CVs stating 'Goldsmiths' or 'Oxbridge' would almost always go for the Oxbridge candidate.

Peter Phillips as a practical private citizen was IMO right to take the Hello! publication deal, and it was a good thing to see the BRF sweat over their public image they so often hide.

In my humble opinion, Peter Phillips was NOT right to take the money. He might be a private citizen, but his wedding was peopled with Royal relatives and if he had had nothing but 'private [i.e.' unknowns'] citizens' at his wedding, no magazine would have wanted to pay him for his nuptuals. This is why B and E are going to be in a 'no win' situation if they are not careful - i.e. they could fall between two stools, being both 'royal' (albeit without defined royal roles), which would make it hard to classify them as private citizens.

Beatrice and Eugenie have a trust fund, it is theirs to use as they wish and when they wish

A nice idea, Lumutqueen, but we actually do not know this. Under English law, Trusts are private and the terms of the trust are governed by a Trust Deed, which is a private legal instrument. Generally, there are two elements to a trust, income and capital. There are very often restrictions on the use of both income and capital. It is common with some trusts to prevent the beneficiaries accessing the capital until they are 25 years old or so. We don't know what the terms of Beatrice and Eugenie's trusts are. There may well be strict clauses about use of the money - athough thanks to Sarah, we know that apparently the restrictions on the use of trust income were lax enough to allow Sarah to 'leech' [as the papers put it] off her daughters' trust funds. I believe Lord_Royal is a solicitor; perhaps he could help us with English Trust law if he drops by here.

Hope some of this helps,

Alex

Last edited:
I cannot speak for Beatrice and Eugenie, but so far as most Royals are concerned, they do NOT 'get freebies' - they are NOT allowed to accept them. The Times' fashion correspondent and Vogue have, over the years, made the point that members of the Royal Family pay for what they wear, although there has always been speculation that some sort of 'special rate' is allowed.

Oh yeah of course, that's the official line. ;)

I am afraid that most employers, faced with identical CVs stating 'Goldsmiths' or 'Oxbridge' would almost always go for the Oxbridge candidate.

I'm not sure when you went to Oxford, but trust me i've done my research on university's and what I wrote it pretty damn accurate. The past, is the past. ;)

In my humble opinion, Peter Phillips was NOT right to take the money.

Your opinion of course, but as I said not one I agree with.

A nice idea, Lumutqueen, but we actually do not know this.

You may not know this yes you are right in saying that. :) But my point still stands, whatever trust fund B&E have received or shall receive can be used as they wish at their discretion.

That's just my information, on what you wrote. :flowers:

Last edited:
It seems I am way outnumbered on this forum, but I still think that, until the York princesses prove they are to be taken seriously by being above reproach in their personal lives and using good judgment about appearances with their mother (i.e., no more appearances like the one on Oprah or accepting invitations to participate in Euro rich-trash events, etc.), the BRF and their advisors will not want them officially representing the family.

I think that your post says it all, Susanna. I am absolutely sure you are right; unless and until the Princesses put aside all their dubious conections etc they are not going to find it easy to make a case for being included as 'perfoming members' of the BRF. Case in point: at the moment, the UK is being treated to a goodly deal of scandal courtesy of Mr Bernie Ecclestone. This,er, gentleman is busily giving evidence in court about the enormous financial bribe he has paid to third party. By this admission, he could well find himself facing criminal charges. And a good few articles about Bernie at the moment mention his daughter's wedding ...............and Beatrice and Eugenie. Not the fault of the two young princesses at all, but their association with an apparently less-than wholesome-person can only impactd negatively on the girls' own image............

On the contrary, Lumutqueen, Oxbridge degrees occupy the top of the firmament in the UK and the world. A recent top level survey included Cambridge and Oxford in the top ten universities in the world along with Harvard, Yale, Stanford and several other top flight US institutions. The only other university outside of the US on this stellar list is the University of Tokyo. As an academic, I know that the University of London is a fine institution (Goldsmith's being one of the U of L colleges, along with the London School of Economics), but it is not Oxbridge. And that exists today and not just in the past. I am very familiar with the way hiring goes and a Harvard, Yale, Oxford or Cambridge degree will trump just about anything else anywhere in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom