Duke of York: Visit to the USA and 'Today Show' Appearance - February 6-15, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew's comment about being a person who sees the glass half-full rather than half-empty was quite revealing. It seems that he has a really good attitude about his Royal role: rather than complain about all his "burdens", he just gets on with it. He sounds like an optimistic person.

Joel on Talk Soup did a funny commentary on this interview...LOL

:lol: I saw that (I love Joel McHale, btw).

I completely agree with him (and others in the media) who noted that they were completely and utterly embarrassed by Meridith's childish and pathetic behavior. I literally cringed watching her ask such inane questions. Andrew handled it quite well, but from now on I hope she will be banned from ever interviewing another royal family member again.

Is there a link to Joel's show on that? I would be interested in seeing/hearing that!

It is supposed to be repeated again at in a few hours 12am ET. I am assuming it is the same episode?

:lol: I saw that (I love Joel McHale, btw).

I completely agree with him (and others in the media) who noted that they were completely and utterly embarrassed by Meridith's childish and pathetic behavior. I literally cringed watching her ask such inane questions. Andrew handled it quite well, but from now on I hope she will be banned from ever interviewing another royal family member again.

I wouldn't guarantee she'd be quite as "inane" around another member of the royal family. I don't know, but I got the impression she was acting particularly silly and was blurting out the first thing that came into her head because she found Andrew attractive (like a lot of people in this thread apparently, me included, although Andrew is way too old for me. :lol:)

I wouldn't guarantee she'd be quite as "inane" around another member of the royal family. I don't know, but I got the impression she was acting particularly silly and was blurting out the first thing that came into her head because she found Andrew attractive (like a lot of people in this thread apparently, me included, although Andrew is way too old for me. :lol:)
You know, I think you may have hit on something there. People do a lot of stupid things when they are attracted to somebody and they try to hide it. :lol:

I wondered about an attraction too. I thought she was quite flirtatious and flustered with him. (You know, I remember 20-some years ago Meredith was a serious journalist -- and then she scaled back to have children -- and she has a disabled husband -- then she joined The View and became host of So You Want to Be a Millionaire. That kind of sounded like the death of her journalistic career to me, but Today Show execs decided otherwise. BTW, she's not funny on Millionaire either.)

Did anyone else notice how the Today Show kept peppering the Andrew segments with announcements of an upcoming segment on male baldness? I was rather amused, as Andrew's hair seemed a little... spotty.

Perhaps we should petition to keep Meredith away from Royals and Larry King away from so-called Royals experts?

Prince Andrew's visit to the United States: February 6-15, 2008

The Duke of York United Kingdom Special Representative for International Trade and Investment, will visit the United States of America.
The visit will start on February 6 and will end on February 15, 2008

Nothing recent that I've seen with Larry King... but he always invites Kitty Kelley, who isn't the best informed "authority." I know more than Kitty Kelley!! Andrew Morton, Hugo Vickers and the late Harold Brooks-Baker are tolerable... but Kitty Kelley? :bang:

Sorry to highjack.

Good interview--Andrew was quite charming. Meredith--not so great. A little too flirty, she seemed somewhat nervous--but, then again, he is charming.

I glad to see that I am not the only one that does not like Meredith V. I just do not think that she can do a very good interview. I think that NBC could do alot better.

It hasn't been all that long ago when he was in the Fort Worth area regarding aeronautic developments.

I hope that I understand his comments regarding "war" to be a broad and general statement from someone who has been in the thick of it...No sane person wants "war" but "peace is not necessarily the absence of war" according to someone much more sage than I....

I do feel his personal view to be rather interesting regarding the fact his ex wife was/is friends of Oscar Wyatt (and his socialite wife Lynn and stepson Steve), an elderly Texan imprisoned for business dealings with the targeted enemy, Saddam Hussein.

Last edited:
Meredith was boring on The View...when she and Star left, it became a better show.

Pics 7.2.2008

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, kicks off a trip to California by attending
the grand opening of a Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market store in a
predominantly African-American neighborhood on February 7, 2008 in
Compton, California. The prince is visiting the region in his capacity as
the United Kingdom's Special Representative for Trade and Investment.
Later, the prince will attend a dinner meeting of the British-American
Business Council, Los Angeles. David McNew/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Is there an itinerary for his trip anywhere?

Is there an itinerary for his trip anywhere?

It was posted on his website The Duke of York > Home , however, it has been removed since the tabloids questioned his use of a private jet. :rolleyes:

This is the section that disappeared.

February 2008

Visit to the USA (Miami, Lakes Charles, Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Atlanta and New York)
6 Morning - Visit to the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine.
Afternoon - Visit to Trunkline LNG, Lake Charles.
7 Morning - Visit to the Tesco Fresh and Easy Store, Compton, Los Angeles.
Afternoon - Lunch hosted by HM Consul General; visit to Broadcom, Orange County.
Evening - Keynote speech, Los Angeles.
8 Morning - Visit to BT Americas (El Segundo).
Afternoon - Visit to Capital Group; visit to Avery Dennison Inc (Pasadena).
Evening - Dinner hosted by HM Consul General.
9 Afternoon - Lunch hosted by HM Consul General with financial service industry experts.
11 Morning - Visit to Allergan, Orange County. The Duke of York makes a keynote speech.
Afternoon - Visit to Science Applications International Corporation - SAIC (San Diego); visit to Sempra Energy.
12 Morning - Visit to Resolution Copper Mine (Rio Tinto).
Afternoon - Visit to Honeywell Aerospace; visit to GoDaddy.com.
Evening - Reception hosted Governor of Arizona and Mayor of Phoenix; dinner for leading CEOs in Arizona.
13 Afternoon - Visit to CNN Centre; visit to the Coca-Cola Company.
14 Afternoon - Meeting with the Consul General; meeting with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey at the World Trade Centre site; visit to the Bank of New York Mellon.
15 Morning - Meeting with the Sarnoff Corporation; meeting with President and Chief Financial Officer, NBYT.
Afternoon - Meeting with Raytheon.
Evening - Design Reception to celebrate the best of UK/US creative industries.

Great video thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower! I really like the last photo where he's laughing. Cute!

Thanks for telling us the dates, AuroraB.

Here's one more from February 7 especially for you, Bella ;)
I thought you may like it :)
--> Andrew 7.2.2008

And these here seem to be from February 8:
His Royal Highness Prince Andrew shares a light moment at the Avery
Dennison Corporate Center in Pasadena with (from l to r) Diane B. Dixon,
senior vice president of Corporate Communications; Anne Hill, senior vice
president of Human Resources; Prince Andrew; and Dean A. Scarborough,
president and chief executive officer.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Iceflower,
Thank you for all the wonderful pictures you have posted in the BRF forum. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Great photo, Ice! You know I appreciate any pics of this handsome prince!!!

Wonderful photos! I love seeing them. Thank you so much.
Lexi

I agree--I can see Phillip in that photo as well. Andrew is interesting--I've seen photos where I can see a distinct resemblence to him and Charles, and then I've seen photos of him where he looks like his parents--just depends on the photo, I guess. He's a handsome fellow, but spends too much money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom