The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2019, 07:16 AM
Majesty

Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

Now that the engagement has been announced, I think we can start the equivalent thread.

First I give my suggestions:
Wedding in May
In St. George's Chapel in Windsor
Traditional Anglican Wedding (like Eugenie's)
Matron of Honour: Eugenie
Best Man: a friend of Edoardo (I don't know if he has any siblings).
Wolfie included among Bridal attendants (and Beatrice's godchild if she has any).

Old 09-26-2019, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the wedding will be in April.
Easter is early (April 12) so it could easily be managed.

Wedding at Windsor is most likely, but I wish there could be another Abbey wedding. Guess I'll have to wait for George!

Her ring is pretty, but not as unique as Eugenie's or Gabriella's.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:35 AM
Majesty

And first of all - let's hope her grandparents will still be here by then!
Old 09-26-2019, 07:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Best Man: a friend of Edoardo (I don't know if he has any siblings).
I believe he has at least one sister. Does the Church of England require the bride's and groom's respective attendants to be of the same gender as them?
Old 09-26-2019, 07:37 AM
Serene Highness

I am so excited for Bea and Edo!!!

The Royal Fly®️
Old 09-26-2019, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Certainly a Tiara, possibly her Mothers, or something unseen [for aeons] from the vault, or do the Counts of Mapelli-Monza have a family tiara ?
Old 09-26-2019, 07:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Certainly a Tiara, possibly her Mothers, or something unseen [for aeons] from the vault, or do the Counts of Mapelli-Monza have a family tiara ?
I am really hoping for her mother's tiara as well (just a bit worried it may have been sold )
Old 09-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

^Pretty sure that would have made Headlines.. so I think it unlikely to have been sold.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:25 AM
Nobility

I expect them to get married at St. George’s in Windsor, but I’d be thrilled with another venue.
I’d have love Italy (a nod to Edo’s Italian heritage), but I understand with the advanced ages of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh that may not be an option.
Maybe York Minster (since she’s Princess Beatrice of York) or any other chapel/church with some royal provenance.
As for bridal attendants - I certainly see Eugenie in a role similar to what her sister played at her wedding. For the bridal party, I think we will see Edos son, and the Cambridge children though overused are a strong possibility. I would like someone from the Fergusson family represented instead (do they have any cousins or nieces and nephews?).
I expect Edo’s family to be well represented as well.
I really don’t want to see Beatrice in the York tiara (as gorgeous as it is). I’d love for her to wear a tiara that hasn’t been seen in long from her Majesty’s vaults. Eugenie did surprise us with that beautiful tiara.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would love to see the York tiara worn ...fingers crossed. I'm going to say St George's in April or May. But you never know, they could do things differently and go for summer.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2019, 10:15 AM
Commoner

I'm still going to stick my neck out and hope for Westminster Cathedral.

Its a Catholic neck, might not be safe
Old 09-26-2019, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

I think it would likely be deemed "too grand" BUT I would love love love Yorkminster for a York wedding. I am rather over St George's tbh. But it will likely be St G's though.

As it is...I would be honestly interested if Bea's wedding comes anywhere close to being the scale of Eugenie's wedding though which was already itself not the scale of weddings of the Wales' Branch or the weddings of HRHs of yesteryear. I think optics wise given everything going on, smaller would be better but the Yorks have never cared much for optics, so to speak.

I am hoping we get the York tiara, but I've long suspected it may have left the family's possession. Hopefully not! It would be nice to see it again although I also delight in thinking about what beauties we would see from the vault.

I think it will likely be in the May-June timeframe of next year regardless.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe the wedding will take place at St. George's Cathedral in Windsor. I believe it will be in April or May.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:25 AM
Majesty

The advantage of having the wedding at a royal peculiar is it gives HMQ direct control over the affair. I’m wagering St Georges chapel plus hoping for Prince George and Princess Charlotte to be involved.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I think it would likely be deemed "too grand" BUT I would love love love Yorkminster for a York wedding. I am rather over St George's tbh. But it will likely be St G's though.

As it is...I would be honestly interested if Bea's wedding comes anywhere close to being the scale of Eugenie's wedding though which was already itself not the scale of weddings of the Wales' Branch or the weddings of HRHs of yesteryear. I think optics wise given everything going on, smaller would be better but the Yorks have never cared much for optics, so to speak.

I am hoping we get the York tiara, but I've long suspected it may have left the family's possession. Hopefully not! It would be nice to see it again although I also delight in thinking about what beauties we would see from the vault.

I think it will likely be in the May-June timeframe of next year regardless.

Would love to see her wedding at York Minster but I think it will be St George's and I definately hope she wear's the York tiara! If they sold it ..it has been kept very quiet.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2019, 10:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
I would like someone from the Fergusson family represented instead (do they have any cousins or nieces and nephews?).
Of course they do:
Aunt Jane Ferguson and her children Seamus Makim (probably married and with children), Ayesha Specker, nee Makim (married) and Heidi Ludecke.
Half-uncle Andrew Ferguson (newly married)
Half-Aunt Alice Ferguson (married, probably with children)
Half-Aunt Elizabeth Ferguson (newly married)

But if those children were not included as Eugenie's bridal attendants, I doubt they will be as Beatrice's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
I expect Edo’s family to be well represented as well.
Me too: I wonder if his dad will be present at the wedding, what kind of bond do they have.
My update: among bridal children - included Natalia's child(ren) if she has any.
Best Man will be probably Albermarle Shale, Edo's half-brother.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Probably same scale and setting as her sister's. Is winter wedding common for BRF? Would be nice to have one.

Tiara! Always hope she will use QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau. Or anything but her mother's (never a fans of that one )
Old 09-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Probably same scale and setting as her sister's. Is winter wedding common for BRF? Would be nice to have one.

Tiara! Always hope she will use QM's Fringe or Sapphire Bandeau. Or anything but her mother's (never a fans of that one )
I think rather than a tiara something akin to hair band/ slide , having said that a I do mean a glamorous jewelled one.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I do think that Beatrice's grandparents are going to be the determining factor in picking the venue for the wedding. With this in mind, I'd bet my last cold turkey sandwich that it will be St. George's Chapel in Windsor and the date will be around a time when the Queen is in residence. I don't see Beatrice having her wedding anywhere where her grandparents would have to travel to be there, possibly find overnight lodging and such. At St. George's, if the Queen is in residence, that also opens up to having a reception afterwards in Windsor Castle. It just seems more logical that Bea and Edo will opt for this.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-26-2019, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I too think Beatrice will have a wedding similar to Eugenie's.
St. George's is probably easiest for the Queen, so that will have an impact. (The Queen has never missed a wedding there).

To be honest, after three Windsor weddings in a row, I'd really like to see an alternative.

I don't think Beatrice will wear her mother's tiara, since I suspect it is no longer available. I've thought so ever since Eugenie borrowed one from the Queen.