Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for a more vintage style wedding dress for her that will flatter her hourglass figure.

LaRae

I would love for the wedding to be at York Minster, but there is no way that Beatrice will inconvenience her beloved "Super Gran" so St. George's Windsor it will be.

I don't think any of her attendants will be adults, like Eugenie she will adopt the traditional aristocratic Brit practice of having all children with little Wolfie Mapelli-Mozzi perhaps being in the party. I love George and Charlotte but they are a little bit over exposed for family weddings at this point. I would adore to see little Prince Louis make his wedding debut, won't he be approaching 3 years in Spring 2020? Maybe a bit young?

I don't think this wedding will be a bit subdued. I suspect it will be just as lavish as Eugenie's and then some. I expect to see a few foreign Royals like Beatrice's old school chum Prince Amadeo of Belgium and Princess Elisabetta, and former PM David Cameron as well. I also would not be surprised to see nuptial celebrations taking place in Italy after the wedding in England.

If Edo is at least a nominal Catholic, perhaps a priest or bishop can impart a Nuptial blessing at the service.

As for her tiara, for sentimental reasons I am hoping for the York tiara even though I never found it particularly impressive.

I think ...I hope....that her bridal gown will flatter her classic feminine body and be fitted tightly in the bodice and have a very full skirt with a bustle and a long train veil. I hope to see a champagne/ivory shade, which will look glorious with Beatrice's coloring.

I am very excited for this wedding, which I am almost sure will be about 7 mos from now(April);)
Louis will turn 2 in April (born 2018), so he'd be about the age Charlotte was during Pippa's wedding.

I can certainly see Prince Louis being a pageboy.

It would be very fitting to see a York wedding in York but I feel St. George’s chapel in Windsor would be more appropriate given the advanced age of the queen and duke of Edinburgh.

Of course they do:
Aunt Jane Ferguson and her children Seamus Makim (probably married and with children), Ayesha Specker, nee Makim (married) and Heidi Ludecke.
Half-uncle Andrew Ferguson (newly married)
Half-Aunt Alice Ferguson (married, probably with children)
Half-Aunt Elizabeth Ferguson (newly married)

But if those children were not included as Eugenie's bridal attendants, I doubt they will be as Beatrice's.

Me too: I wonder if his dad will be present at the wedding, what kind of bond do they have.
My update: among bridal children - included Natalia's child(ren) if she has any.
Best Man will be probably Albermarle Shale, Edo's half-brother.

His father was quoted in the statement by the Palace so I expect him to attend.

For attendants I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Holly Branson’s twins, Holly and Beatrice seem to be quite close.

I just realized that I know absolutely nothing about the Ferguson family!

I'm excited to finally see Wolfie at the wedding ceremony!

I'm excited to finally see Wolfie at the wedding ceremony!

I suspect he will be involved as a page boy but it's always possible his parents will decide that they don't want his face plastered all over the newspapers as the new stepson of a Princess when he's so young and we won't see him in any of the public events.

Are we going to get a wedding dress thread?

LaRae

I know the wedding itself hasn't even happened yet, but it would be lovely to see Beatrice and Edo have a honeymoon in Italy or one of the Italian islands. I visited Tuscany earlier this month for a short break and thought how lovely a honeymoon there would be. The countryside certainly makes for a romantic atmosphere!

As for the wedding itself; I should imagine that Lady Louise would be chosen as special attendant again - and probably Prince George and Princess Charlotte as page boy and bridesmaid, too. It would be nice if one of Sarah's nieces or nephew's children could be part of the bridal party, too, and I can imagine Edo's son would also be included. Eugenie would probably be the matron of honour.

Im so excited for the couple. My guess is an April Wedding at St. George (Although, I, like many of us, prefer York Minister). I highly doubt she'll use her mothers tiara, I am hoping for the King George III Fringe as a nod to HM or the Strathmore is finally fixed!. I see a ballgown, Short or 3/4 sleeve, definitely a viel (Although Princess Eugenie shocked me lol). Im thinking pink and white flowers. I hope she has adult bridesmaids. Im guess because im American, the idea of only children in the bridal party is odd to me. Typically children are flower girls and ring bearers. But this England so the attendants will most likely be children. I just cant wait for the details.

I'm guessing St. George's and a summer wedding. Somewhere in June or before the Queen heads off to Scotland.

Maybe a wedding in Switzerland?

HM might not be able to make it, but the attention on Andrew might make a Swiss wedding the way to go.

Maybe a wedding in Switzerland?

HM might not be able to make it, but the attention on Andrew might make a Swiss wedding the way to go.

If that's an issue they may as well get hitched in the drawing room at Sandringham House with pizza and a pool party afterwards.

If that's an issue they may as well get hitched in the drawing room at Sandringham House with pizza and a pool party afterwards.
Sounds like a good place to hold a wedding to me. Close to the bar.

I was thinking Valentines Day might be nice. Its on a Friday next year. HOWEVER, I suspect the weather in Britain at that time of year makes that a very bad idea. So I am going with sometime in May or June, excluding the 15th -20th of June due to Trooping the Colour and Royal Ascot. Location St George's Windsor. Tiara: Something we haven't seen before.

:lol: I want to see photos from this Sandringham House wedding!!!

St. George's. Peach and pink flowers. April or May. On exactly the same scale as Eugenie, who had a fabulous, tasteful, drop dead elegant wedding. All the Cambridge kids, all the Phillips kids, all the Tindall kids, Freddie Windsor's daughters, and of course her new stepson with a Branson or two thrown in.

For my money, the one to watch is Sarah. Best get off to Emma Louise Design as she did for Harry and Eugenie's wedding - they didn't let her down!

Maybe a wedding outside the UK. They had their engagement in Italy so let's wait.

I'm so excited. I love Edo so much!

I think the wedding will be in the UK so the Queen and Prince Phillip will beable to attend. The Princess would not hurt her grandparents by not having it close enough for them to attend.

If the pattern of weddings at Windsor amongst the Queen’s grandchildren is followed...

William not
Harry yes

Peter yes
Zara not

Eugenie yes
Beatrice ...

then York is on the table [emoji6]

I am going to be different....and go out on a limb.

Westminster Abbey
April 24th 2020
Edo will receive a title
Colors will be cream and light blue
She will wear Queen Victoria's Wedding Sapphire Coronet.
Wedding Dress will be Italian as a nod to her husband.
George, Louis and Charlotte will be a part of the wedding with Edo's son.

Maybe a wedding outside the UK. They had their engagement in Italy so let's wait.

I'm so excited. I love Edo so much!

Many couples get engaged abroad for romance. Eugenie got married in Nicaragua on a volcano. William and Kate in Africa. No indication of ceremony.

I don't see why any drive for York. The girls have NO connection to it beyond title. Be like suggesting Harry should have in Wales due to his dad.

Beatrice and Eugenie have even more link to marry at st George then Harry. It's not simply about the queen. They grew up at Windsor, went to school there. Beyond a lunch reception the queen likely will do, Royal lodge is near for the evening party sure to follow.

I honestly don't know if we will see the full Windsor bunch like Eugenie. IMO we may see like Harry some friends kids too. Wolfie of course.

I'd be surprised if we don't see a Branson grandchild or two. Bea founded Big Change with holly and Sam and is close to both. Both Eva (Sam) and Hollys twins will be five or near, good age.

I expect we will see some former royals and people like the Casiraghis at the wedding. She associates with them more then her sister.

I hope it will be a beautiful Italian wedding, in one of the countless eye-pleasing venues that country is littered with.

Andrew is rumoured to have tried to push for WA with Eugenie and got slapped down by the Queen. If that's the case, Bea isn't getting it. It doesn't have to be St. George's but they aren't upgrading and really they don't have any connection to York beyond territorial designation and they have a multitude of connections to Windsor.

I can see why people are suggesting an Italian wedding but Edo was born in the UK, is a citizen and has spent all his life here. Not that that stops anyone having a destination wedding but it's no different from Pippa and James (to use an example) not getting married at Eden Roc which his family own and love.

I hope it will be a beautiful Italian wedding, in one of the countless eye-pleasing venues that country is littered with.

❤️

Andrew is rumoured to have tried to push for WA with Eugenie and got slapped down by the Queen. If that's the case, Bea isn't getting it. It doesn't have to be St. George's but they aren't upgrading and really they don't have any connection to York beyond territorial designation and they have a multitude of connections to Windsor.

I can see why people are suggesting an Italian wedding but Edo was born in the UK, is a citizen and has spent all his life here. Not that that stops anyone having a destination wedding but it's no different from Pippa and James (to use an example) not getting married at Eden Roc which his family own and love.

Andrew being slapped down by the Queen is one baseless rumor.

You can't take it from people to think for an Italian wedding or whatever you call it. They were engaged in Italy. Even though, Edo was born and raised in the UK, you can't take away the fact that he has Italian roots.

Let's just hope it will be a great wedding. I love Edo and Bea! They both deserve each other.

Edo is a lovely person.❤️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom