The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Probably a good idea.
No matter what they say, it would probably be twisted somehow.
Yes, I believe you are correct. Plus actually none of our business. Even though she is the granddaughter of the Queen, she gets no income from taxpayers, has her own money, is marrying whom ever she wants as doesn't need royal permission so they will do things exactly the way they want. And good for them. I am sure the Queen will want to do things for them as she did for Eugenie, but they just might not want all that hoop-la.

The nasties will be out in full force anyway because her eyes are too large, her teeth are too long so what bride really needs that crap. I personally loved Eugenie's wedding gown. One of my top three royal wedding gowns of all times but some hated and were very vocal. Why put yourself thru that jealous garbage. Her day, her way and BRAVO. She will make her Granny proud, I am sure. JMHO

Old 10-08-2019, 01:07 PM
Nobility

Or... the Internet, especially Instagram, is the new media outlet of choice! It gives the author the editing advantage, the possibility to set the agenda and has (besides the censors of youtube and Twitter et.al.) very few gate keepers.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Could we please get back to discussing our suggestions and musings for the actual wedding. This obsession with speculating and discussing the media all the time and at every possible opportunity is distracting and, frankly, not what the purpose of this and other threads is for.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Majesty

Figures. The first time in a long time I have wanted to watch a British Royal wedding...and I may not get to.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

In the past few hours Fergie has confirmed the wedding will be in Britain and the Daily Express are reporting that Buckingham Palace have said that no public money will be spent on it.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
In the past few hours Fergie has confirmed the wedding will be in Britain and the Daily Express are reporting that Buckingham Palace have said that no public money will be spent on it.
Was any public money spent on Princess Eugenie's wedding?
Old 10-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Interesting, thanks. Surely there will be some public money spent on it for the tightest security, considering the guest list will most likely include the Queen and heirs 1-10+ that would go for any venue.

That said if they don't have a carriage ride anywhere that cuts down a lot on the complaints about extra cost for Eugenie's wedding.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Majesty

Just as I expected all along. The cost will fall to Andrew, perhaps HMQ, and the Mapelli-Mozzi family.

And since it is going to be privately funded, they will likely feel no obligation to let the public see it.

Drat.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Interesting, thanks. Surely there will be some public money spent on it for the tightest security, considering the guest list will most likely include the Queen and heirs 1-10+ that would go for any venue.

That said if they don't have a carriage ride anywhere that cuts down a lot on the complaints about extra cost for Eugenie's wedding.
It could be that the Queen is going to reimburse any security costs that are incurred back to the public purse.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Commoner

I heard Omid Scobie say on a recent podcast that he is hearing the wedding will take place at St. George's. Could be just speculation or he really did hear this from a reliable source.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessblack View Post
I heard Omid Scobie say on a recent podcast that he is hearing the wedding will take place at St. George's. Could be just speculation or he really did hear this from a reliable source.
Taking a highly educated guess most likely. Besides Zara, all the grandkids who arent direct heir have married there. And it is near where Beatrice grew up. Its a pretty safe bet for him to predict or say that is what is being said.

Quote:
Just as I expected all along. The cost will fall to Andrew, perhaps HMQ, and the Mapelli-Mozzi family.

And since it is going to be privately funded, they will likely feel no obligation to let the public see it.

Dat.
Other then the carriage ride, Eugenie's was privately funded and we saw it. Peter and Autumn's was privately funded and we got photos outside. I dont think this will totally be private. Neither Beatrice or Edo are camera shy.

This isnt the 18th century when a child out of wedlock needs to be hidden.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Was any public money spent on Princess Eugenie's wedding?
Only on the security. There were crowds in the streets of Windsor and there were also the invited guests in the grounds of the castle. They would have gone through security at the gates, just as people do for the Garter Ceremony.

I wouldn't be surprised if the castle grounds are even closed on the day and no media allowed in. I am just getting the feeling that this will really be a lot more private than Eugenie's wedding - no carriage ride, no guests in the grounds and no media coverage at all with just a photo or two released a few days later.

I will probably be wrong but it is the vibe I am getting at the moment and I don't know why. I hope I am wrong.

I doubt there will be TV coverage and I also don't expect a carriage ride - unless they are going to have either Frogmore or Royal Lodge for their reception and so have a carriage ride to that venue.

I really don't think the British public will be too pleased with any carriage ride for one of Andrew's daughters. He is so on the nose at the moment that I can see a real backlash if there was anything lavish for Beatrice.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Only on the security. There were crowds in the streets of Windsor and there were also the invited guests in the grounds of the castle. They would have gone through security at the gates, just as people do for the Garter Ceremony.

I wouldn't be surprised if the castle grounds are even closed on the day and no media allowed in. I am just getting the feeling that this will really be a lot more private than Eugenie's wedding - no carriage ride, no guests in the grounds and no media coverage at all with just a photo or two released a few days later.

I will probably be wrong but it is the vibe I am getting at the moment and I don't know why. I hope I am wrong.

I doubt there will be TV coverage and I also don't expect a carriage ride - unless they are going to have either Frogmore or Royal Lodge for their reception and so have a carriage ride to that venue.

I really don't think the British public will be too pleased with any carriage ride for one of Andrew's daughters. He is so on the nose at the moment that I can see a real backlash if there was anything lavish for Beatrice.
It’s a royal wedding of a very high profile member of the royal family. I think Beatrice and Edoardo and the royal family would want this to be a celebration that’s shared with the public and media. I can see some negotiations being done with a network over Live inside coverage and a little carriage ride back to Windsor. Hell, her little sister got it, so why can’t Beatrice have it?

The royal family need a little public celebration.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-09-2019, 12:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

The British public do not want to have anything to do with Andrew pushed into their faces at the moment and Beatrice's wedding could easily be smaller as a result. The last thing that the BRF want or need would be actual protests and with Andrew's involvement that could be possible if they were to have a carriage ride for instance.

Beatrice is a minor member of the BRF and even lower in the line of succession now than Eugenie was when she announced her engagement (Eugenie was 8th at the time of her engagement and Beatrice is already 9th).
Old 10-09-2019, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Figures. The first time in a long time I have wanted to watch a British Royal wedding...and I may not get to.
I know right I've been blogging about Beatrice since 2013. So, I'am bummed out it porobably wont even be lived streamed online, at least there will be lots pictures and hopefully videos. I think also its more private for the sake of Edo's son. Dependng how involved Wolf will be, he will be around 3 or 4 when the wedding arrives and I'm sure Bea and Edo want him there for the big day. I just don't think they want him very exposed to the press and of course with other messes in the family, it seems better to go more private. I'm sure Edo will still give her a lavish wedding, and I'm sure other members of her family maybe even friends could step in to help out if need be.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The British public do not want to have anything to do with Andrew pushed into their faces at the moment and Beatrice's wedding could easily be smaller as a result. The last thing that the BRF want or need would be actual protests and with Andrew's involvement that could be possible if they were to have a carriage ride for instance.

Beatrice is a minor member of the BRF and even lower in the line of succession now than Eugenie was when she announced her engagement (Eugenie was 8th at the time of her engagement and Beatrice is already 9th).
I see what you’re saying. I guess we’ll just have to wait for the plans to be released to see how it’s all gonna go down.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-10-2019, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
True, but it is too bad that Beatrice has to lose out over something she had nothing to do with.

Even if there is no carriage ride, I am hoping Beatrice is allowed to marry in Westminster Abbey (for a change of scene), and that the entire RF turns out for it.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
O

That is of course up to the groom and bride, the Duke of York, and the Queen to decide, but it would be odd if Princess Beatrice didn't have a televised wedding and a carriage ride when her younger sister, who is below her in the line of succession, got both.

I don't think Andrew or the Queen would feel comfortable treating their two daughters/granddaughters differently. Unless of course Beatrice and Edoardo explicitly ask for a private wedding.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm in agreement with you, Mbruno. This is a Windsor family wedding and to be honest, I don't see "public opinion" mattering one iota when it comes to the planning of Beatrice's wedding.

I get where the BRF is representatives of the entire UK in their public lives but this is to be a family wedding which will be financed entirely by the families involved (excluding the security needed) and actually the British public (or anyone globally) don't figure into it at all or rather they shouldn't figure into it at all.

No matter what the plans are and no matter where the wedding is or how much it will cost or even if Beatrice and Edo decide to have a Betazoid wedding, there will be people moaning and groaning about it as moaning and groaning about things are what they do best.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

My bet is St George's ... I don't see them marrying in WA. I don't see them having a smaller wedding than Eugenie/Jack. The carriage ride seems traditional ...I do expect that to happen in some form.

LaRae