A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But apparently Andrew has forgiven her so perhaps we should as well.

I, for one, don't think Andrew will ever remarry. If he does, I am thinking it will be Sarah but only after Prince Phillip is deceased (not something that I hope it will happen anytime soon).

I doubt Sarah would want that. In one of her latest interviews she said that it was the lack of money of the second son that forced her into the divorce. I don't think Andrew was that "poor", but Sarah obviously has different ideas about her lifestyle. There's an element of greed into it, as I can't imagine leaving the man one loves fro money without being greedy at heart. But greedy people make bad Royals, IMHO.

I think you are on target about him not wanting to get married again (Phew!). And Grace Kelly did cross my mind, she was indeed the rare exception. What a class act!
A class act indeed! But not, repeat not, a blushing virginal bride. Just remember "And all the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances;
Bella said:
Anyhow, I think P Andrew is content the way things are and if so, so be it.
" . . And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages." Never was a truer word said.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be easy for Andrew to find someone better than Sarah, who has caused him and the RF so much hurt and embarrassment? Perhaps he has already found happiness in this regard and the press just hasn't found out.

I don't think Sarah and Andrew would remarry. Even if they end up romantically linked, I think they will spend time together, but continue to maintain a certain distance, allowing each of them to pursue their various interests. IMO Sarah is not going to be willing to get sucked back into the can of worms her previous royal life ended up being - and frankly, she can do without the public scrutiny. That is an acceptable situation from the point of view of the BRF as well, since they don't really have to put up with Sarah being a working member of the BRF, and it will probably also put an end to all the sometimes inappropriate women that Andrew ends up with. The focus of the BRF will be the Wales children, without the distraction of a Duchess of York Mark II!!!

I don't think Andrew and Sarah will remarrry either. I don't think they have that sort of relationship. You can be very close to someone as a friend/confidante/etc. w/out it crossing the line into romance. And they are the parents of two daughters which will keep them linked forever. While the idea of Andrew as a bachelor prince is most appealing, you have to wonder if he's lonely or ever craves love and affection. Or maybe, as someone pointed out, he has found someone special and is keeping it strictly private. Tho if it were a serious relationship I doubt he'd be able to conceal it for too long.

Wouldn't it be easy for Andrew to find someone better than Sarah, who has caused him and the RF so much hurt and embarrassment? Perhaps he has already found happiness in this regard and the press just hasn't found out.
It's not that he could find somebody BETTER than Sarah, he just doesn't have any goals to share with a helper. Look at PC and Camilla. She shares his goals and dreams for this country. What goals and dreams does PA have? If he had some clear, well-thought out ones, he might be in the hunt for a helper to manifest them. I think he's just golfing through the rest of his life. . . .

It's not that he could find somebody BETTER than Sarah, he just doesn't have any goals to share with a helper. Look at PC and Camilla. She shares his goals and dreams for this country. What goals and dreams does PA have? If he had some clear, well-thought out ones, he might be in the hunt for a helper to manifest them. I think he's just golfing through the rest of his life. . . .

Oooh, thats harsh! Whilst I am no fan of Andrew's, I do think everybody is entilted to their own goals and aspirations in life, and are entitled to share their lives with people who share similar goals. Whilst Prince A is a member of the BRF, he is not going to be getting the top job, so in reality, I think his own personal aspirations are no different from those of a normal person.

Oooh, thats harsh! Whilst I am no fan of Andrew's, I do think everybody is entilted to their own goals and aspirations in life, and are entitled to share their lives with people who share similar goals. Whilst Prince A is a member of the BRF, he is not going to be getting the top job, so in reality, I think his own personal aspirations are no different from those of a normal person.
Which are. . . .????:rolleyes:

I have read some gossip that Sarah and Andrew are going to be remarried.

I think it would be a terrible mistake if Andrew and Sarah remarried. I think their credibility and whatever respect they've worked all these years to attain would go right out the window. IMO, most people have forgotten (thankfully) the fiasco of Sarah's very public (and stupid) adultery and I think most ppl have and are willing to forgive and forget, so to speak. If her and Andrew marry again it's all going to be brought up front and center. Sarah will look like a leech who's unable to continue a life outside the BRF (she'll def be accused of wanting back in on the "royal" lifestyle and I believe ppl will believe she has just been biding her time until she could get her claws back into Andrew) and Andrew will look like a weak whipped child who's still under the spell of the woman who cheated on him, humiliated him and his family and brought disgrace to the royal institution. Remarriage would be a nightmare, I'm afraid. I so hope it doesn't happen.

Why on earth would they want to remarry?

They have this really wonderful post divorce relationship, acting as a family when they both share their daughter's highs and lows, and each other's, and still get caught every now and then having a romantic little dinner a`deux!

They are a stronger family apart than a many marriages. If it aint broke . . . don't fix it!

He certainly seems to be serious about his current role as a trade ambassador, and he had his naval career as well. It's my opinion that he wants to serve his country in some way.:)

........ private, just like yours and mine!
I think there are some things that need to be made public. I hear Sky and Sam saying that he's not doing anything to warrant the civil list so I would think that expressing your passion to the people would help that out.
Mine aren't private. Anybody who knows me knows that being a cancer survivor I want to find a cure in my lifetime.
It would be nice if Prince Andrew were as vocal and passionate about a cause such as that.

(Well, if he were really vocal like me, they might get the little men in white to take him away.. . . :rolleyes:)

Well done on your recovery, Russophile.:flowers:

I think there are some things that need to be made public. I hear Sky and Sam saying that he's not doing anything to warrant the civil list so I would think that expressing your passion to the people would help that out.
Mine aren't private. Anybody who knows me knows that being a cancer survivor I want to find a cure in my lifetime.
It would be nice if Prince Andrew were as vocal and passionate about a cause such as that.

(Well, if he were really vocal like me, they might get the little men in white to take him away.. . . :rolleyes:)

And if he was to support such a worthwhile cause, he would have my support. Let industry be taken care of by the people who really know about it.
I thought they already had! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This is a quote from Sarah: "He said I must never say this, but he said, 'We are divorced to each other, not from each other.' We are the happiest unmarried couple."

Any ideas on what this actually means?
Now why in the world when he told her never to say this she says it? I would think loose lips sink ships and would blow a reconciliation.

Oh Sky, you know me too well!!! :D

'Tis strange, I agree. Sarah appears to want us to think that it isn't over between her and Andrew, but yet they couldn't stay married for any number of reasons. She's in a netherworld between being still married to Andrew and being a single, independent woman. :ermm:

Now why in the world when he told her never to say this she says it? I would think loose lips sink ships and would blow a reconciliation.

'Tis strange, I agree. Sarah appears to want us to think that it isn't over between her and Andrew, but yet they couldn't stay married for any number of reasons. She's in a netherworld between being still married to Andrew and being a single, independent woman. :ermm:
Which makes me wonder, she was so possessive of Paddy What's-His-name in the past, does she still have some of those traits to cling to PA?

Russophile, I either read the gossip that Sarah and Andrew were going to be remarried on Royalty.nu, or theroyalist.com. It was just in the last few days though.

I just went back to both of those forums, and did not see an article about a remarriage. I did see one on Royalty.nu about Sarahs daughters not wanting her to remarry. But it was not specifically about Andrew. I don't know where else I would have read it though. Maybe I will see it again somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I read the same thing recently. It was more of an article talking about how Sarah is being welcomed back into the royal fold. There is apparantly some gossip of her being asked to Balmoral for Christmas. This is all, of course, completely unfounded talk though.

Updated with the link:

Prince Andrew to reconcile with Fergie?

Wasn't she at Balmoral when the scandal with the financial advisor broke out and she was sent away the same morning??
Can you imagine being asked to go back and spend Christmas with the royals back there?? Every morning at breakfast, when the papers arrive, everyone will relive the same 1992 morning.....:eek:

Thanks for the link Kimebear. I was starting to think I had dreamed it.

Well, she's on the record as stating in an interview that she is The Duchess of York; this suggests to me that she hasn't moved on mentally and emotionally to being the divorced Sarah, Duchess of York or going back to Sarah Ferguson or Mrs. Sarah Ferguson Mountbatten-Windsor.:flowers:

Which makes me wonder, she was so possessive of Paddy What's-His-name in the past, does she still have some of those traits to cling to PA?

It's amazing what people can forgive and (almost) forget when they really want to.:flowers:

Wasn't she at Balmoral when the scandal with the financial advisor broke out and she was sent away the same morning??
Can you imagine being asked to go back and spend Christmas with the royals back there?? Every morning at breakfast, when the papers arrive, everyone will relive the same 1992 morning.....:eek:

Russophile, I either read the gossip that Sarah and Andrew were going to be remarried on Royalty.nu, or theroyalist.com. It was just in the last few days though.

I just went back to both of those forums, and did not see an article about a remarriage. I did see one on Royalty.nu about Sarahs daughters not wanting her to remarry. But it was not specifically about Andrew. I don't know where else I would have read it though. Maybe I will see it again somewhere.
Thanks for trying! :flowers:

It's amazing what people can forgive and (almost) forget when they really want to.:flowers:

I never believed people forgive. I am amazed though when they forget......unless of course there are other more pressing issues so they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear!!!!!!!!:whistling:

:previous:
I never believed people forgive. I am amazed though when they forget......unless of course there are other more pressing issues so they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear!!!!!!!!:whistling:
I am a great believer in the maxim that time wounds all heels. To forgive is easy, it is an act of will. Forgetting . . . . now that is another thing altogether. :huh:

No sensible person can forget a major hurt, it is after all, nature's way of teaching us. We learn by our mistakes, and more often than not we feel in some way responsible for what hurt us or what we allowed to hurt us. That is survival. :shock:

Fool me once? Shame on you. :ohmy:

Fool me twice? Shame on me. :doh:

Congratulations on your recovery from the big C - what a worth while cause. I personally donate to a number of cancer related charities, and a member of my family is very closely involved in providing after care and rehabilition for cancer patients, after recovering successfully from breast cancer herself.

That said, "professionally" Andrew's main occupation is as UK trade ambassador. He appears to be doing an okay job, though it is one of those roles where it is difficult to judge or meausre effectiveness. I remember reading sometime back that he had hired one of the consulting firms to carry out a review of his role, and how he could make it more effective. That will surely make it more effective. This is really the BRFs attempt at use its titles and associated glamour to try and help open doors for British business that might not otherwise open.

In terms of his personal passions, I really don't think this is something he really needs to make public. Do we really care or need another busy body telling the world how he wants to improve our lives??:lol::lol: That said, I can guess what his personal passions might be: young girls, holidays in the sun, golf, fast cars..... Is it for one to begrudge him these? I don't think so, but I am sure others will hold different views. Do I approve of his cavorting with the Eurotrash or with the Kazhakh oligarchs - absolutely not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom