A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australian said:
I think the answer to this question is that Andrew probably thinks that Sarah is the only wife and mother to him and his kids and that he obviously still deeply loves Sarah.

When a man in this family loves, he really loves to death:cool:

As Andrew is one of my favorite royals, I sincerely hope he finds someone special.

I think there is a lot of feeling between Andrew and Sarah, not least of which the two wonderful daughters they share, but if they can't live together I do hope they can each find someone they can live with.

As Beatrice and Eugenie are becoming grown up, we may see some new relationships for both Sarah and Andrew.

I would really like Andrew to meet someone special and fall in love with them. Even though it would be wonderful for him and Sarah to get re-married I have a feeling that it would never happen in Prince Philip's lifetime as he is well know for his utter dislike of Sarah. Andrew still is a very nice looking man for someone in their midforties and I wish him happiness.

mandyy said:
Prince Andrew (L) meets Vietnam's Foreign Minister Nguyen Dy Nien in Hanoi at the start of a three-day visit to the communist country. Prince Andrew started a three-day Vietnam visit to promote the nation as a trade and investment partner for the communist country in meetings with state and business leaders.(AFP/Frank Zeller)

He is a lovely man - A man with spunk!.. I wish he would have another partner in his lifetime..:) (I mean Andrew , not Mr. Dy Nien)..

I've always thought Prince Andrew was the more handsome of the "Windsor sons". Everyone offers up opinions of the guy, but he seems fairly decent. I'm surprised he hasn't remarried or at least engaged in a long-term relationship. Maybe he still carries the torch for his ex wife. I dunno but there's something rather lonely about him.

Katemac63 said:
He is a lovely man - A man with spunk!.. I wish he would have another partner in his lifetime..:) (I mean Andrew , not Mr. Dy Nien)..

Maybe he is religious and sticks to his marriage vows ("till death will us part") so there is a chance we have to wait till his wife exits this life. Just like his brother Charles waited till his marriage was divorced not only by court but by death as well before he married Camilla. ;)

Jo of Palatine said:
Just like his brother Charles waited till his marriage was divorced not only by court but by death as well before he married Camilla. ;)
I wish that Andrew would move on quickly but the news that Beatrice insisted and got her mother to be present at Andrew's Order of the Garter ceremony kills me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what..you can't help who you love. As long as its not a destructive kind of love...I don't see the problem with Andrew still loving Sarah. We only know what we hear and read in the papers. What holds them together must be something..cause they have both dated other people since their divorce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logic would dictate that the answer is YES THE Duchess of York etc. as she would be the wife of HRH THE Duke of York etc. Any wife of Andrew would have these titles.

If Andrew was to marry another women, would Fergie still be duchess of york? would there then be two duchess of York's

I wish that Andrew would move on quickly but the news that Beatrice insisted and got her mother to be present at Andrew's Order of the Garter ceremony kills me.

I don't blame Beatrice if she did have anything to do with that. I mean they seem to be giving the girls mixed messages, they live together, do things together, this would probably give the girls a lot of hope that they're parents would re-marry. I do wonder how Fergie would handle seeing Andrew with a new women? I am pretty sure no women would want her husband living with his ex-wife. So Fergie would probably have to move out. I do see Andrew getting married again whether to Sarah or someone else.

JOY! said:
II do wonder how Fergie would handle seeing Andrew with a new women?
According to I believe the Daily Mail, Andrew is said to be dating the American Angie Everhart, a red-head and model who's dated a string of high profile men including Albert of Monaco. Mind you, according to the paper Everhart even attended Beatrice's b-day bash, was seen talking, at the bash, with Andrew for supposedly hours, and, get this, was also seen dancing with none other than the Duchess of York herself. The two ladies supposedly got along swimmingly.

And as for Andrew, pre-Everhart, not having been in long term relationships, that's just not true according to the British press. He's dated a high profile business woman whose name escapes me at the moment, for years, but supposedly 'dropped' her fairly recently.

JOY! said:
If Andrew was to marry another women, would Fergie still be duchess of york? would there then be two duchess of York's

No, there would be one HRH the Duchess of York (where Duchess of York is a royal title) and one Sarah, Duchess of York, (where Duchess of York is like a last name for a divorced wife of a peer).

More than a decade later, neither one is seriously linked to anyone else. They still have it for one another. I would love to see them remarried later in life when the social scene grows tired for them and they are settled. It would not happen in the Queen's or Philips lifetimes though. I think Sarah has too much respect for the Queen to ask her to endure the media frenzy of a remarriage. I would be disappointed in Charles if he tried to interfere if that was their decision. He is no innocent bystander in the extramarital affairs department. More discretion does not equal less sin. People in glass castles should not throw stones.:p

Frankly speaking I think the status quo would be best for both of them- sarah can never fit back into the rigorous role of being a royal wife with all its pressures etc - andrew probably loves sarah and vice versa but at the same time he likes his privacy and independence so if they can sustain a good relationship post-divorce then they should not interfere with it and just take it as it comes.The worst thing is if they got remarried and both were terribly unhappy all over again

If andrew were to remarry would he have to follow the same procedure as charles meaning civil service and blessing or could he remarry in the church?

He'd have the same style marriages as Charles.

lizz70 said:
Yes I would. they have maintained a good relationship for all these years. They still care for one another. The press and the royal family gave Sarah such a hard time and she went off the rails.

Now, times are different, the royal family is different esp since Princess Diana died, they had to come down from their pedestal and be more realistic.

Sarah deserves to be happy. She has struggled with being picked on for her looks, picked on for everything she has done but she has also been an excellent mother, worked hard to get herself out of debt and done a lot of good work, sometimes very low key without the accolades.

She and Andrew still care about each other and we should let them be together without criticism. Maybe if they were private citizens, they would be back together by now.

Sarah had everything, her husband's love, 2 kids, a wonderful home, but she got bored as P. Andrew was often away as he was in The Royal Navy- so she did what she did, Prince Andrew did not deserve it, very different from Diana' situation, well, if he still loves her, it's alright, but I know Sarah did change , though to state she does deserve his love, don't know, not really sure !

MAybe Andrew keeps this facade relationship with Sarah so he can enjoy a princely bachelor's life without the press harassing him. Sarah is front for him and in return he maintains her royal aura and gives her a royal place to stay when in England.

That's an interesting idea. Whatever the reason each held privately, they do seem to have a special bond that transcended divorce. I think the McCartneys should have hired Andrew and Sarah's divorce lawyers instead of Charles and Diana's. They would have done their Beatrice a huge favor.

I think it takes two to make a marriage work andrew played his part in the break up. But the fact that they loved and still love and care about each other is really quite nice. I really don't think either of them was ready for marriage and that is why it failed. Neither thought of what they were doing or giving up maybe blinded by love.

I agree. I don't think they had a choice about the divorce, but they were both much younger and stupider then. I think they have always cared deeply for each other and have really made up and ARE together. The fact that they don't share a public life would only be a plus in a royal relationship. It leaves no room for speculation, pressure, gossip and intrusion- well, sort of, if you count us out.

I don't think youth and mental intelligence had anything to do with Andrew and Sarah's marriage or divorce. They made the "right" decisions at the various times of their relationship. It's always easier to look at some years later and say they should have/could have, etc.

seto said:
I think it takes two to make a marriage work andrew played his part in the break up. But the fact that they loved and still love and care about each other is really quite nice. I really don't think either of them was ready for marriage and that is why it failed. Neither thought of what they were doing or giving up maybe blinded by love.

I also think that both were adjusted to and lived two different lifestyles that clashed between the two of them--from commanding to less formality--that may have been a thorn in their marriage. But of course only speculation.

seto said:
I think it takes two to make a marriage work andrew played his part in the break up.

I'm not so sure about this. Again, we don't know these people personally so it's hard to say but from what's been presented publically it seems Sarah's cheating (and not just once) was the main issue at hand. Who can blame Andrew, though I believe it was more pressure from his family (namely his father) which brought about the divorce than from him. He obviously still has strong feelings for his ex and who's to say that if they weren't royals and if their dirty laundry hadn't been hung out for the world to see they might not have gotten divorced. Many couples work out their problems, even infidelity. Tho it is hard to turn the other cheek when your wife is out gallavanting across the globe with shady social-climbers in toe (sorry) and her indiscretions are splashed across the front pages of various tabloids.

I say Sarah is more at fault here. I think that's how most ppl see it. She knew the sort of family she was marrying into and she knew of Andrew's obligations to his military career as well. She could always have turned down his proposal. To throw these things up after the fact is weak.

Bella said:
I'm not so sure about this. Again, we don't know these people personally so it's hard to say but from what's been presented publically it seems Sarah's cheating (and not just once) was the main issue at hand. Who can blame Andrew, though I believe it was more pressure from his family (namely his father) which brought about the divorce than from him. He obviously still has strong feelings for his ex and who's to say that if they weren't royals and if their dirty laundry hadn't been hung out for the world to see they might not have gotten divorced. Many couples work out their problems, even infidelity. Tho it is hard to turn the other cheek when your wife is out gallavanting across the globe with shady social-climbers in toe (sorry) and her indiscretions are splashed across the front pages of various tabloids.

I say Sarah is more at fault here. I think that's how most ppl see it. She knew the sort of family she was marrying into and she knew of Andrew's obligations to his military career as well. She could always have turned down his proposal. To throw these things up after the fact is weak.

have to agree with you here. as much as i like sarah, she had to know that in her position she'd be alone a lot of the time...simply because she's a military wife. as for the family she married into, she had to know she'd be caught eventually.

Bella and Duchess, I agree with you both! Her father was in the military and knew that there would be long seperations. She was friends with Diana before getting involved with Andrew, so she knew the problems Diana was having with the family.

I read the book Maj. Ferguson wrote (Sarah stopped talking to him for close to a year because of it). He stated that he believed Sarah was more in love with the Royal Family them she was with Andrew. He also talkes about the conversation he was in on when Andrew offered the resign from the Navy to be home more for her and she told him to stay in. Per Sarah's own father, Andrew was willing to work on the marriage it was Sarah who was not.

Well I think sarah has done a great job of turning her life around and she and andrew obviously love and like each other. Which I think is very good for their daughters to see.:)

seto said:
Well I think sarah has done a great job of turning her life around and she and andrew obviously love and like each other. Which I think is very good for their daughters to see.:)

Very true. And it does say something for both Andrew and Sarah that they have made the effort to put their daughters first. If only all divorced couples could do this.

totally agree with you. she has indeed done a great job of turning her life around. she's like any one else...we all have illusions about how married life will be and then we find out how different it is.

Sarah wasn't happy in the marriage;she was a Navy wife,often left alone for months on end.She received no support from Buckingham Palace.She was often compared to the Princess of Wales and always came up lacking...Sarah was constantly criticized for her weight,her fashion sense,the faces she made while talking animatedly with someone...Then she cheated,more than once;there are also whisperings that the Duke of York had flings.Sarah should have known about being a Navy wife,yes,that's true.And Diana must have warned her about life in the Royal Family.But all of that is past;Sarah has done a good job at raising her daughters;Andrew had been understanding and supportive.Sarah has turned herself into an astute business woman who still has time to serve her charities.
I think that Sarah and Andrew still love each other;it would be great if they could remarry.But,I've heard that the Duke of Edinburgh and Sarah are not on speaking terms so remarriage doesn't seem like an option at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom