A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he can fall for someone who simply loves him for him and won"t complicate his life. So why reduce him to a " Captain Save A Skank" for example Sarah status ? . Is that all he deserves because of whose child he happens to be? Maybe there is something wrong with me but I have always thought that if you truly love someone you won't do anything to truly hurt them. At the moment this man holds a position of what we call in the U.S. a position of "Public Trust". When she tried to sell access to him people asked how much did he know? I think God Gives us the ability to love but he also gives us common sense too. I know my view is unpopular and maybe it's the loud mouth american coming out in me it but it is what it is.

I made a is mistake there . I meant access not acsess. See what happenes when you think faster than you type.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
HRH Princess Sonya, there's an easier way to correct a typo rather than making a second post: just click the 'Edit' button. This opens the post allowing you to make any changes.

LOL Anne. Yes, you may be right. Who would have thought that Mary of Denmark would get pregnant with twins? Though I think that some day far away Andrew will go back to Fergie, officially.

Jesus, sister, tell me I'm not dreaming...If these 2 get back together, I'm gonna shout it out of the rooftops! I just luuuuuv Fergie so much, wanna see her back in that what's-its-name palace. Excuse me, I got so excited..

Jesus, sister, tell me I'm not dreaming...If these 2 get back together, I'm gonna shout it out of the rooftops! I just luuuuuv Fergie so much, wanna see her back in that what's-its-name palace. Excuse me, I got so excited..

Welcome aboard 88hermes. Click on page 30 of this thread, there are two videos posted which you might enjoy.

Aww Golly, I got too excited obviously.. I think they were a great couple, I adored them back in the 80's, remind me of my school years and the mags I read back then.. I even adored Diana & Charles together. Anyway, Prince Andrew is a nice guy, he can make Fergie happy again(hey, he's not even my type),so I guess that's why I wanna see them together again. Ok, I know, I talk too much, I'll stop here. Just tell me: who's pro-Fergie and who's anti-Fergie here?

Welcome aboard 88hermes. Click on page 30 of this thread, there are two videos posted which you might enjoy.

Darling thanks, you made my day.. I owe you for this! Kisses!!

Aww Gawd, I feel like I just lost my marbles! Fabulous vids, sister! Peeleeeez, tell me you'll post more of these soon..Ok, I'll just shut my mouth now n' watch...

Its not so much Anti Fergie vs Pro Fergie (although we do have both).

I think most people want Andrew to be happy and if Sarah managed to act with some type of maturity, decorum and didn't do things to embarass herself, her daughters and the House of Windsor...I would hazard a guess that most people would be okay with the two of them getting back together. Of course, there are those who can't move on from the past Sarah antics and the most recent incidents just prove their point and then there are those like me who rooted for Sarah and Andrew to get back together, but realize now that Sarah will never change.

Of course, we are also open to discuss other women who might be The Duchess of York.

Last edited:
I wish both of them Prince Andrew and Sarah happiness. If it is meant to be that they will become a couple again, then so be it. The only ones that can really make that decision is them.

I wish both of them Prince Andrew and Sarah happiness. If it is meant to be that they will become a couple again, then so be it. The only ones that can really make that decision is them.

To me they never really stopped being a couple.

All that changed is that they no longer have a piece of paper tying them to each other and I think they are happier without that piece of paper.

The downside is that Sarah can't accompany Andrew when he does things officially but she never really suited that side of his life anyway.

Illuvbertie, your probably not the only person who thinks along those lines.
Just curious if you mean that deep down they still have feelings for each other, or do you think that there is actually something going on between them in private??

I do too.I am sorry he needs better than someone who cheated on him when he was in the navy.The cheating was broadcast.

I do think that they are as close to being a couple as it is possible to be without having a marriage certificate.
Forgiveness is a major part of being a Christian and Andrew strikes me as a true Christian gentleman who is able to forgive those who injure him.

I do think that they are as close to being a couple as it is possible to be without having a marriage certificate.

I don't think this, but I do wonder something: we haven't seen or heard from Sarah since the Oprah interview at the beginning of June, except for pics of her half-sister's wedding and a story about a charity auction which suggests that Sarah is back in England.

Since Sarah presumably won't be flying back and forth to America or anywhere else until she earns some money, she's going to be spending a lot of time at Royal Lodge. I realize Andrew and Sarah have been living together for a couple of years now, but always in the past, Sarah has divided her time between England and New York or flying around the world, while Andrew also travels a lot. Now Andrew may still travel, but when he is home, Sarah will also always be there as well.

Royal Lodge is a big house but I'm not sure you can live in the same house with someone for a prolonged period of time and not grow closer. I don't see a watershed moment where Andrew and Sarah suddenly decide they want to live together for the rest of their lives, but more that
their relationship gradually evolves until they start thinking of themselves more as a couple, than as a divorced couple. It's something when you think about the fact that Andrew and Sarah literally were married less than a year after their "first date" and separated less than six years after that; and this January, it will be 3 years since they started living together again (Sarah apparently moved in "temporarily" after a fire at her home in January 2008). And right now, bizarrely enough, Andrew and Sarah's relationship seems more stable than it was during their marriage, and with no third parties involved. This is why I don't think you can remove Sarah from any discussion of a wife for Andrew. It will be interesting to see what happens when next year rolls around, and Sarah is presumably back on her feet again financially (whether this is permanent or not is another question). If Andrew and Sarah are still publicly saying they have a great relationship, and Sarah isn't making any move to leave Royal Lodge, that in my opinion will say a lot about where their relationship is headed.

Just tell me: who's pro-Fergie and who's anti-Fergie here?
We're anti here and it's sad. Sarah has so much potential and she's thrown it all away. Several times now. Am finishing the book "Reinventing yourself with the Duchess of York," And it's really good. However, Sarah only wrote the intro. to the chapters. The rest of it was written by the Weight Watchers crew. However, this is really indicitive of Sarah and how she works, she skims the cream off the top and leaves the rest. Which, IMO, tells me she isn't made of sterner stuff to be able to live within the BRF--still. She talks the talk, but does not walk the walk.

I said my what I had to say I am done. I just hate to see him be a door mat.

I said my what I had to say I am done. I just hate to see him be a door mat.

Who said he is a door mat? That says you think he has no say in what is happening. I don't think that at all. He has chosen to marry and divorce the woman but he still lives with her, despite the fact that both their kids are now adults and don't live full time at Royal Lodge. That he still has Sarah living there, despite the well-known antagonism of his father, also says that this is his choice. Far from being a doormat it is the sign, to me, of a committed man - he is standing up to his father, his mother, his siblings, the press and the world at large to stand by this woman - the complete opposite of a door mat.

Who said he is a door mat?
Iluvbertie, when you spell it out like that it's hard to disagree with you.
I know because of their girls Andrew would always treat Sarah well but it runs deeper than that. I mean there is such a thing as an amicable divorce and remaining on good terms with your ex, and then there is whatever it is they have. That's quiet a list he has to stand up to, and for his sake I hope some day that Sarah might prove that his belief in her was justified. He has had to fight hard to keep his family unit so I'd say he's strong when he has to be and well capable of pulling rank.

Well back to the business at hand. My vote is still for Amanda unless a better option becomes available.

Well back to the business at hand. My vote is still for Amanda unless a better option becomes available.

You can strike Amanda off list, she gave an interview to The Telegraph recently, and she is now dating a muslim and is off the market.

If I were to compare Sarah & Andrew's relationship, I would say that it's akin to being Sebastian and Kurt; Sarah's a charity case now more than ever.

"You know Charles," he said, "it's rather a pleasant change when all your life you've had people looking after you,to have someone to look after yourself. Only of course it has to be someone pretty hopeless to need looking after by me."

:previous:Can you enlighten one as to who Sebastian and Kurt are? Thanks!:flowers:

I could hardly see Prince Andrew being a doormat to anyone. He's doesn't strike me as the type of person that would be.

Can you enlighten one as to who Sebastian and Kurt are? Thanks

I was wondering that myself?

Sebastian & Kurt are from Evelyn Waugh's "Brideshead Revisited." Sebastian is the younger son of the aristocratic Flyte siblings, and Kurt is the dissolute hanger-on who latches onto Sebastian, moving in with him and living the luxe life whilst contributing nothing but trouble. The "Charles" reference from my quote is Sebastian speaking to the protagonist of "Brideshead Revisited," Charles Ryder.

Whether you read it in the original, saw the Masterpiece Theater version or the recent theatrical release, it's an incredibly rich story with recognizable individuals from across nearly a century now. A good read!

Last edited:
To me they never really stopped being a couple.

All that changed is that they no longer have a piece of paper tying them to each other and I think they are happier without that piece of paper.

The downside is that Sarah can't accompany Andrew when he does things officially but she never really suited that side of his life anyway.

I think too.

Posts proposing Jennifer Anniston, Halle Berry, Martha Stewart and Paris Hilton have, unsurprisingly, been removed.

If we are indeed going to make this list, some rules maybe required.

1. At Andrew's age, 50, if he marries someone any younger than IMO 35 or older than 60 it's going to cause a bit of a stir. Because if he meets this woman tommorow, we'd have to wait at least 2 years before a marriage.
2. I think someone with a title would be muchly appreciated, but not neccesary.
3. Someone not well known might be good, but then again if you've got someone who has been in the limelight quite a lot then this woman would be used to the press.
4. Family woman, because she's going to have to meet his girls, and more than likely meet his ex at some point.
5. Somone who can stand her ground, mainly on the subject of Sarah.

Anything else?

A while ago some of us thought of some criteria that a future wife might fit into.
Has anyone got anything to add to the criteria, or suggest anyone that fits into the criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom