A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Andrew still dating Angie? I haven't really heard much about this relationship since last summer.

Avareenah said:
After a considerable period of negative publicity for Sarah, .........It is generally thought that, based on these exposes and her seeming inability to conform to royal life, she made the decision to end her marriage to Andrew - though it seems likely that this was done more to sever her connection with the royal family, rather than to Andrew himself.
I always smelt a rat with this whole "negative publicity" thing. After the amount of time spent with the BRF her behaviour was unbelieveably niaive and indiscreet. So much so that I have often wondered if this was Sarah and Andrew's "get out of jail" card. :lol:
Andrew, like most men in his position, should have been outraged and repulsed by these "indiscretions", having been publicly cockkolded, yet he has never said an unkind word about Sarah.

More than that, they are "Best Friends" (make what you will of that statement) and remain incredibly close. Further, together they have raised two children as normal as any in this day and age. Go Figure. :wacko:

sashajones said:
I will assume that during all this, Andrew was a complete angel! ;)
Absolutely my dear! There is nothing so angelic as a reformed rake, and Andrew, in his salad days, was one of the worst (or best)! :ROFLMAO:

MARG said:
There is nothing so angelic as a reformed rake, and Andrew, in his salad days, was one of the worst (or best)! :ROFLMAO:
I hope you are not speaking from experience! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

MARG said:
I always smelt a rat with this whole "negative publicity" thing. After the amount of time spent with the BRF her behaviour was unbelieveably niaive and indiscreet. So much so that I have often wondered if this was Sarah and Andrew's "get out of jail" card. :lol:
Andrew, like most men in his position, should have been outraged and repulsed by these "indiscretions", having been publicly cockkolded, yet he has never said an unkind word about Sarah.

More than that, they are "Best Friends" (make what you will of that statement) and remain incredibly close. Further, together they have raised two children as normal as any in this day and age. Go Figure. :wacko:

Absolutely my dear! There is nothing so angelic as a reformed rake, and Andrew, in his salad days, was one of the worst (or best)! :ROFLMAO:

I don't know about a rat but I've had some of the same reservations that you have had regarding the whole Andrew-Sarah relationship. I think we don't know half of what went on between them and perhaps the half of the relationship that we don't know is why Andrew is so willing to forgive.

Also I read once that the Queen got Sarah out of debt at least one time after her separation from Andrew; it was only after the second time that she refused to bail Sarah out again. So Sarah goes and fools around on her son; they get separated, Sarah gets into debt, and then the Queen bails her out? That's really generous, I don't know many former mother-in-laws that would do that.

Because of all this, I get the feeling that Andrew and the Royal Family blame Sarah a lot less for what happened than the general public blames her, and they may have good reason to; we just don't know. There's just a lot about this situation that we don't know and pretending that we do know all about it is just fooling ourselves.

What can I say? Andrew and Sarah have a strange and crazy kind of love. Don't know if I'd want it but it works for them. :wub:

ysbel, I get the definite feeling that you would forgive Andrew anything! :lol:

"is normally uncaring for the feelings of others", that really doesn't sound how I meant it. Perhaps "doesn't consider the discomfort that might be caused to others by their actions".

Last edited:
I know I'd never marry Andrew. He has too much baggage (ie, Sarah) and the thought of having my husband's ex wife around at all times would be awkward and humiliating.

Tzu An said:
I know I'd never marry Andrew. He has too much baggage (ie, Sarah) and the thought of having my husband's ex wife around at all times would be awkward and humiliating.
I agree at one point I think Andrew was a real catch but now with Sarah and their rather 'interesting ' relationship as it stands now I think finding a good woman will be hard for him she would feel like a third wheel I would think at this point.:ermm:

ysbel said:
That's an interesting point of view skydragon. I hadn't thought of Sarah as particularly liking or seeking attention; Diana gave me the impression of basking in the attention very strongly but to me Sarah always seem to blunder her way into the papers and then get surprised when she got bad press.

I wonder if Sarah's red hair has anything to do with it. Every one that I've ever spoken to with red hair has said that they got a lot of attention as a child and learned how to brazen through it because the attention was not going away. I am of a physical nature that I can be discreet and deflect attention away from myself with success - I'm small with not very distinct features. But if I were big with red hair, things might look different.
I think Sarah was always surprised at the attention she got and was suprised how easily the press always found her-clearly not a very calculating person.Being a redhead I think did make her stand out my cousin with her red hair always stands out I was the blond and believe me there is a big .I would have though Sarah would have been use to it though difference she always seem off gaured.I like her well enough but I don't see her as a princess I can't see her back with the royal family in an official way,I think it's too confining for her.

Penny Lane said:
I agree at one point I think Andrew was a real catch but now with Sarah and their rather 'interesting ' relationship as it stands now I think finding a good woman will be hard for him she would feel like a third wheel I would think at this point.:ermm:
< ed by Warren > I think Andrew deserves a partner with class who will support him full time and not just when it's convenient for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a general rule could members please avoid presenting as fact one's own speculation about Sarah or Andrews' motives, thoughts and behaviour.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

ysbel said:
That's an interesting point of view skydragon. I hadn't thought of Sarah as particularly liking or seeking attention
--Are you kidding? Her actions scream, "look at me, look at me". From posing with her daughters every chance she gets, to posing provacatively in magazines or to sell her bedroom linens, to doing controversial things like pretending to be a restroom attendant, to talking to the press about her ex and others every chance she gets. "Oh, I'm Andrew's best friend, I'm friends with the Queen (yeah right I'm sure they have tea every Wednesday), blah blah blah. Or she's whining about not being invited to this or that. Well duh, maybe they don't invite her because they can't trust her to be discreet.
--And since we're on the subjuect (and to keep it appropriate for the Andrew thread), the thing that annoys me is the way she's always putting words in Andrew's mouth. "Me and Andrew this", "me and Andrew that". When did she become his mouthpiece? The thing I respect about Andrew is that he never makes statements to the press about Sarah. I think in general the royal family doesn't seem to do this. And I think that's why Sarah makes public comments about the royals, because she knows they aren't going to challenge her whether it's truthful or not.

ysbel said:
I wonder if Sarah's red hair has anything to do with it.
I don't think it has anything to do with her red hair, just her actions.

andrew will never marry again

andrew will nerver marry again. he saw what they did too the first love of his life.:wacko:

sophie said:
andrew will nerver marry again. he saw what they did too the first love of his life.:wacko:

Koo?

*Thinks about how to make it up to 10 letters. Decides now doesn't need to.*

ysbel said:
That's an interesting point of view skydragon. I hadn't thought of Sarah as particularly liking or seeking attention;

I have to admit I was incredulous when I read this, Ysbel.

To me, Sarah Ferguson has done her very utmost, at the expense of her dignity and credibility, to remain "famous" at all cost.

I agree wholeheartedly with Sereta.

From my own perspective, I wish she'd get marooned on a remote desert island somewhere, living happily ever after...in total, blissful (for us) obscurity...:rolleyes:

I like sarah she doesn't bother me just reminds me of someone who doesn''t know when to stop talking. And andrew obviously doesn't mind they seem to be really good friends .

Family

Well they are not exactly together but they are not apart.Sarah is "Lucy" the redheaded passion of HRH Prince Andrew and I am certain they have deep and abiding affection for each other.They have two beautiful daughters Beatrice and Eugenie.They are still a family.I support any family unification plans whether they include marriage or not.Both have been excellent parents so far...Let's have a happy ending....times have changed so forgive and forget.

Sereta said:
--Are you kidding? .

No Sereta, I am not kidding. We can have fun among ourselves guessing why Sarah does this or that or whether she is attention-seeking or not but since we're so far removed from the scene of the crime so to speak, we really can't know for sure. And that's alright by me.

I never speak with absolute sureness of why somebody I never met does this or that. Actually for the rest of the world that's not interested in royals, Sarah hasn't received that much attention to warrant a career as an attention-seeker. People that are interested in royalty think that other people get as overdosed on some royals as we do but people that aren't into royalty really aren't paying attention to Sarah.

She's only gotten this attention in the last year that her daughters are growing up and that is quite natural. Other celebrities also get a wave of extra attention when their daughters hit the teenage years. Even with all the publicity surrounding her this year, she hasn't made the headlines of the major news outlets.

I say she is not seeking attention because some of her statements have tremendously backfired on her. Even an Anna Nicole Smith who was as attention-seeking as you could get, managed to come out ahead in the publicity game even though the publicity machine around her was pretty tasteless. Anna Nicole didn't know how to survive but while she was living, she knew how to work the publicity machine.

Sarah looks like she doesn't have a clue. She continuously seems like someone who doesn't think before they act. I think there is a lack of premeditation on her part as opposed to an Anna Nicole Smith or Paris Hilton. It doesn't mean she is any more tasteful than these two but tasteless does not necessarily equate to attention-seeking.

One can be tasteless and not necessarily looking for excess attention.

ysbel said:
No Sereta, I am not kidding. We can have fun among ourselves guessing why Sarah does this or that...
I agree with you totally she just seems to do and unfortunately not think.

In some of her interviews a while back she got testy when she was asked anything about the royal family which I found a bit off putting mainly becacuse I think she should have expected it so I do think she is somewhat clueless about her position it was only being a royal that made her famous in the first place.It's not her life now not directly but she will always be connected to it she needs to accept that.

If Andrew were to marry someone other than Sarah, would he have children with her? A son would certainly move things around. Wouldn't he become fifth in line---Charles, William, Harry, Andrew, a son of Andrew?

Or will he not marry (again) at all because he would not want to subject another woman to the House of Windsor (-Montbatten)?

If Andrew married, and had a son, the line of succession would change as you said. Whether or not he'd have children would depend upon who he married. If his future wife is close to his age, they most likely wouldn't have kids.

I think the House of Windsor has changed. I believe they've learned a few things since the days of Diana and Fergie. Sophie seems to be doing quite well and is accepted by the family.

I think if Sarah and Andrew were going to remarry they would have done so by know back when their daughter's were quite young now that the girls have reached a certain age I think Sarah and Andrew move on.As for having other children he's unlikely to inherit the throne so I don't think it makes much difference if he has more kids are not.

ysbel said:
She's only gotten this attention in the last year that her daughters are growing up and that is quite natural. Other celebrities also get a wave of extra attention when their daughters hit the teenage years. Even with all the publicity surrounding her this year, she hasn't made the headlines of the major news outlets.
That's not true. She's always done things for press (making statements to the press, doing talk show circuits, posing for cameras, etc) Sure, she can get her picture taken even more now that her daughters have come of age and the "no photo" ban is off. And she takes full advantage of it. That's probably why she drags them everywhere with her.:rolleyes: Whether or not she succeeds in making headlines in major news is irrelevent.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ysbel said:
I say she is not seeking attention because some of her statements have tremendously backfired on her.
Just making statements in itself is attention seeking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ysbel said:
Sarah looks like she doesn't have a clue. She continuously seems like someone who doesn't think before they act.
Just because she's tacky and doesn't use good judgement doesn't make her any less attention seeking.

And to keep this post on topic for this thread I thought of another single lady for Andrew. What about Heather Locklear? I think she'd be perfect for him. She's newly single, beautiful, seems intelligent, doesn't blab to the press, seems to conduct herself in a classy way and I think she's about the same age as Andrew. Now if we can just get her to move to England. ;) :D

Sereta said:
And to keep this post on topic for this thread I thought of another single lady for Andrew. What about Heather Locklear? I think she'd be perfect for him. She's newly single, beautiful, seems intelligent, doesn't blab to the press, seems to conduct herself in a classy way and I think she's about the same age as Andrew. Now if we can just get her to move to England. ;) :D

That WON'T work. I have designs on him myself. ;)

yvr girl said:
That WON'T work. I have designs on him myself. ;)
You will have to get in line, I believe ysbel has already put her name down! :flowers:

So if Andrew married someone else, what would her official title be and would she have any duties?

I think time will tell regarding he Andrew/Sarah thing. When their daughters are off at college and they're still sharing a house etc. then we'll know they're still together. I think Sarah loves Andrew...but she's not in love with him.
I really hope he can find someone else and move on.

SASSY said:
So if Andrew married someone else, what would her official title be and would she have any duties?

Her official title would be HRH The Duchess of York. Her duties would be those of the wife of the second son of the monarch - similar to those of the wives of the other sons of the monarch.

Ok...somebody has probably answered this before, but if andrew remarries what will happen to Sarahs Title? Do they both remain duchess of york (sarah and his new wife)?
Also...if Sarah and Andrew remarried, do you think the queen will give them another title..such as earl and countess of.....?(i heard the queen gives titles upon marriage-i dont know if its true)

lady_windsor said:
Ok...somebody has probably answered this before, but if andrew remarries what will happen to Sarahs Title? Do they both remain duchess of york (sarah and his new wife)?
Also...if Sarah and Andrew remarried, do you think the queen will give them another title..such as earl and countess of.....?(i heard the queen gives titles upon marriage-i dont know if its true)

Other than the Prince of Wales, I think younger sons only get titles upon their first marriage, like Andrew and Edward both got their titles shortly before their marriages, and so did George V's sons when they were married, I think. Andrew won't get a Earldom because he sort of already has one in the form of the courtesey title for the Duke of York, as the Earl of Inverness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom