The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

fergie

the only person andrew would marry again is the duchess, and i bet he have ask her again and she said no.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Courtier

Sarah really did ruin his life, imo.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Nobility

I hope this is not out of line but several years back after Diana's death some of the reporters-(forgive me I have forgotten who) who cover the royal beat said the royal family wanted a marriage between Diana and Andrew I don't how true it is or if it would have worked or not but I can't help but think how different everything would have turned out if they did become a couple
Old 12-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope Prince Andrew and Sarah find someone to share their lives with, but it doesn't look like anything is going to change any time soon.
IMO they both love each other to distraction, but just can't live together. All that aside, they have had a wonderful divorce so far.
Sharing a home, holidays etc. And we must not forget their romantic little wedding anniverseries held in hide-away places - post divorce.
They stand as a sterling example of how to part without distroying a family. I will never forget a couple of interviews they participated in post divorce. when each was asked the obligatory insensitive question about how they felt about the other. In these two separate interviews they each replied exactly the same way. "He/She is my best friend!"
Old 12-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Yes they did have a good divorce better than their marriage which says something although I'm not sure what.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I hope this is not out of line but several years back after Diana's death some of the reporters-(forgive me I have forgotten who) who cover the royal beat said the royal family wanted a marriage between Diana and Andrew I don't how true it is or if it would have worked or not but I can't help but think how different everything would have turned out if they did become a couple
When Charles' and Diana's engagement was first announced, there was mention that she had been one of Andrew's friends. But Andrew was at Gordounston in Scotland and then he did a year in Canada in the years prior to Diana's and Charles' marriage so besides seeing each other on holidays, its hard for me to imagine they were around each other a lot.

Before he married Sarah and after Charles married Diana, Andrew was quoted as saying that he admired his sister in law the Princess of Wales but he preferred girls that were a bit more earthy and down-to-earth.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I believe I heard way back at the time of Charles & Diana's engagement that when Andrew & Diana were children both families had talked or joked about a possible match. However, when they grew older, she just wasn't the type Andrew was interested in.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

I recall reading an interview years ago where Diana said she had always said she was saving herself for Prince Andrew.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Nobility

A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If Prince Andrew got married, would anyone 'care'?
I can't decide what I think.
On one hand, the torch has been passed to a new generation as evidenced by the intense interest in Kate Middleton.
However, Andrew was one half of one of the glamour couples of the 80s. Sarah still has a fairly high profile - I'm sure comparisons would be made.
I'm sure much of the outcome would depend upon the charisma of the new duchess. What do you think, would she be low profile like the Countess of Wessex or a Fergie Part II?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Sarah really did ruin his life, imo.
If Sarah really ruined his life, they wouldn't be as close now as they are. They'd probably barely be able to maintain eye contact.

I think with these two, it's a case of "better friends than lovers".
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Aristocracy

Andrew has stuck by Sarah through everything - it was her decision to get out of the marriage, not his.

Even though they obviously both see other people, I'm not sure that they are only "best friends" since their marriage was dissolved. It's a very odd set up, in my opinion.

I know I always have an opinion on nearly everything to do with the royals, but I wouldn't dream of thinking about who could be a suitable second wife for him. I don't know him and don't even know if he has a desire to re-marry - a lot of divorced people don't these days. He may be quite happy with the way things are now.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avareenah
Andrew has stuck by Sarah through everything - it was her decision to get out of the marriage, not his.
Even though they obviously both see other people, I'm not sure that they are only "best friends" since their marriage was dissolved. It's a very odd set up, in my opinion.
Do you think they're still sleeping together? That's how I took that ^ statement. Whether they are or they aren't, it's their business. I don't think it's that odd....they have grown children, they've made no overtures about getting back together in any serious capacity....if they say they're just friends, I'll take them at their word.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Aristocracy

I can't be sure, of course, but it looks that way to me. Most divorced couples don't live in the same house nor are as "cosy" as this pair appears to be.

Sarah wanted out of the marriage because she couldn't cope with the restraints of being royal but she probably still has feelings for Andrew, as he seems to for her. It appears she still has "feelings" for other men from time to time as well!

Nothing's ever too much for this lady! Just my opinion.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I can't be sure, of course, but it looks that way to me. Most divorced couples don't live in the same house nor are as "cosy" as this pair appears to be.
Sarah wanted out of the marriage because she couldn't cope with the restraints of being royal but she probably still has feelings for Andrew, as he seems to for her. It appears she still has "feelings" for other men from time to time as well!
Nothing's ever too much for this lady! Just my opinion.
They may love each other, but just not want to be in a committed relationship with each other. Royal life isn't for everyone and maybe many years removed, they can both see that and have decided to make do with what they've got. It's not traditional, but not the worst thing they could be doing.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I would like to start a thread on people's opinions regarding if they would support a remarriage between Andrew and Sarah, why/why not. For me, i would support it, but for them, i think they are happy as they are.
I'd like to see them get remarried. They're still living togethor so it's not much difference. Sarah would probably be unhappy having to give up her work/endorsements though.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well I have to admit that while Andrew and Sarah were apparently happily "separated", suddenly Sarah was madly, incredible, unbelieveablly (deliberately?) indescrete and it was divorce with a capital D.
I alway got the feeling that the whole scenario was sort of staged, and the divorce was more of a convenience in the grander scheme of things. Setting the stage so to speak.......
Quote:
He may be quite happy with the way things are now.
I think maybe they are have both settled for what they could get, and have made the best of it.
I also think that both of them deserve better, and damn the Powers that Be!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
I'd like to see them get remarried. They're still living togethor so it's not much difference. Sarah would probably be unhappy having to give up her work/endorsements though.
Sarah couldn't buckle down to royal life before. What makes you think she has changed now?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
I also think that both of them deserve better, and damn the Powers that Be!
What Powers that Be? Sarah's decision to divorce Andrew was hers and no one elses. The Powers that Be did not destroy her marriage - she did that herself.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What Powers that Be? Sarah's decision to divorce Andrew was hers and no one elses. The Powers that Be did not destroy her marriage - she did that herself.
And that's direct from the horses mouth ..... Buck House!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Administrator

This thread is "A Wife for Prince Andrew". It is not the place to apportion blame for the failure of his marriage.

thanks.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage