The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Andrew does date other women so clearly they aren't romantically involved and Sarah dates others too. Andrew has even asked someone else to marry him but she didn't want to give up her career and be apart of the BRF. It makes me wonder how close they are and if maybe Sarah now wants something closer. He doesn't seem to have a lot of time but then that could be why he has thrown himself into doing so many official duties. I remember reading stories of him home alone watching videos back when Sarah was doing well. She seems to show up when she needs something but when things are great she isn't around so much. If Andrew found someone she would need to be strong and deal with Sarah early on. Parents can be friends without being in each others pockets and Andrew would need to stop helping Sarah with money etc so much. I would love to see what Sarah would do if he did marry and she really couldn't use the Duchess of York title as she now really does. Maybe he will meet someone eventually I think when Charles takes over Andrew won't have as many duties and since he has never been happy about Andrew doing the trade role that may well end! I am actually surprised he is still doing that but I think he has the protection of the Queen to thank for that.
I remember reading an interview with Amanda (?) in The Times (in the magazine supplement that comes with it) and she said that they dated for a while but at no point did they discuss marriage. She got engaged during the Christmas/New year period last year. She said Andrew was kind enough to contact her and congratuate her.
I think you hit the nail on the head Meadow, his royal duties and trade role doesn't leave much free time.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

I don't really think that Andrew wants to remarry. With the situation the way that it is now, he can have his cake and eat it too! He has his family life with his ex-wife and his two daughters and he also has his freedom to attend parties and date beautiful women.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Actually, Andrew has had an active dating life and has become serious to the point of discussing engagement with (at least) two women since his divorce. A quick Google or Yahoo search will satisfy the curious, and the VF article covers this as well.

He generally comes to NY to conduct many of his more,er, intensive portions of his relationships. I imagine it's a bit odd trying to tryst at his own home, what with an ex-wife hovering around as dog-in-the-manger. From what I understand from my friends in the hospitality side of my firm, his preference is the Stanhope.

Until Sarah moves to her own home in Argentina, Andrew hasn't a prayer of remarrying even if it were his choice. His own daughters have spoken in favor of him doing so, however, which I find rather interesting.

But if he should remarry, I would opt for him marrying someone who has her own well-established and separate career, perhaps in finance. Since everyone is accustomed to Andrew showing up to engagements on his own, it would not be seen oddly if she were, in essence, self-supporting while not accompanying him.

Age range - 35 to 45, I should think. Perhaps a German aristo?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Honestly, I don't know how people expect Andrew to move on from Sarah if TRF can't move on.

Why does every Andrew and/or Sarah thread involving reliving and over analyzing their relationship. I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss options other than Sarah.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Until Sarah moves to her own home in Argentina, Andrew hasn't a prayer of remarrying even if it were his choice. His own daughters have spoken in favor of him doing so, however, which I find rather interesting.
Ultimately the girls want their parents to be happy but maybe they understand that remarriage isn't for them. When Sarah was on solid ground Andrew did his thing, so it's not like the girls are unused to seeing him with other women, it's just that, imo, they need him to take care of Sarah first.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Honestly, I don't know how people expect Andrew to move on from Sarah if TRF can't move on.

Why does every Andrew and/or Sarah thread involving reliving and over analyzing their relationship. I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss options other than Sarah.
I think it's because Sarah herself so desperately desires it, mentions it every time that she can - and because Andrew in his position can't come out and directly deny anything - that it's become Sarah's wishcraft for her fans to carry over the line for her.

But Zonk, my love. Twenty years ago and about that many pounds ago, I might have nominated myself.

But as it is, I would definitely like to see him remarry to someone with an established career in her own right.

It's my understanding that Prince Bernhardt of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein and his wife have recently separated. He brought someone else to the religious wedding of Princess Nathalie. I think she - Katharina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein - would be a perfect fit! She's very well educated and versed in history and art, having set up two major museum collections; she worked for Sotheby's as a director at one point. She's clearly suited for Royal life, having balanced it well without scandal or kerfuffle, and has an independent career and source of income. Best of all, she would bring additional exposure to the EU for Andrew, which would be spectacular for his role as trade ambassador.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

What faith is Katharina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Nobility

Bernhardt, Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein id Lutheran so I'd assume the same of Katharina.

That's the screwy thing. She doesn't have to be CoE just not Catholic.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Aristocracy

That's what I was checking, I know some of the, or quite a number of, the other royal houses are Catholic...not familiar with the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein house.

MM
Old 07-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:

But Zonk, my love. Twenty years ago and about that many pounds ago, I might have nominated myself.
Oh I like your wit NaP, thanks for the but don't be too hasty, you might be just what he's looking for.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think it's because Sarah herself so desperately desires it, mentions it every time that she can - and because Andrew in his position can't come out and directly deny anything - that it's become Sarah's wishcraft for her fans to carry over the line for her.

But as it is, I would definitely like to see him remarry to someone with an established career in her own right.

It's my understanding that Prince Bernhardt of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein and his wife have recently separated. He brought someone else to the religious wedding of Princess Nathalie. I think she - Katharina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein - would be a perfect fit! She's very well educated and versed in history and art, having set up two major museum collections; she worked for Sotheby's as a director at one point. She's clearly suited for Royal life, having balanced it well without scandal or kerfuffle, and has an independent career and source of income. Best of all, she would bring additional exposure to the EU for Andrew, which would be spectacular for his role as trade ambassador.
Ha! Twenty years and twenty pounds ago...I am with you on that one. Any English aristrocrats available? What about Lady Jane Wesselley...I don't think she ever married...and dating someone who dated your brother thirty years ago might not be an issue.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Bernhardt, Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein is Lutheran so I'd assume the same of Katharina.

That's the screwy thing. She doesn't have to be CoE just not Catholic.
Deeply, on both counts, dear silver. House laws in that German line are quite strict on loss of inheritance by marrying anyone not specifically "Protestant."
Old 07-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Ha! Twenty years and twenty pounds ago...I am with you on that one. Any English aristrocrats available? What about Lady Jane Wesselley...I don't think she ever married...and dating someone who dated your brother thirty years ago might not be an issue.
No - she never did marry. I don't think the fact that she dated Charles would be a barrier whatsoever. So much cross-pollination in those circles anyway. I was recently reminded that Robin Fellowes, HM's private secretary was not only Diana's brother in law but Sarah F's first cousin once removed. One simply can't move in those circles without bumping into a blood relative.

All the more reason why I suggest a different pond to fish in, for HRH The Duke.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps Andrew is just perfectly happy with his life the way it is. He has two daughters so no need to start another family. He is apparently still close to his ex-wife and she is still part of his family life.

The idea that a marriage would add something to his life may not be true. He has his family and is also free to date or not to date and perhaps that is all the committments he wants.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Perhaps Andrew is just perfectly happy with his life the way it is. He has two daughters so no need to start another family.

The idea that a marriage would add something to his life may not be true. He has his family and is also free to date or not to date and perhaps that is all the committments he wants.
Oh, I don't think anyone's saying that he must remarry.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

She's not HRH The Duchess of York and hasn't been since she and Andrew divorced. She's Sarah Duchess of York, and that won't change unless she remarries. The one thing that Andrew's marrying someone else would do in this regard is to make people aware that Sarah isn't The Duchess of York and will never be again. She simply won't be able to get away with calling herself The Duchess of York when there's another woman using that title in a perfectly legal way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Actually if Andrew were to remarry it might give her the impetus to get her act together since she would no longer be HRH The Duchess of York and her using the Duchess title would be of diminished value.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Perhaps Andrew is just perfectly happy with his life the way it is. He has two daughters so no need to start another family. He is apparently still close to his ex-wife and she is still part of his family life.

Okay playing devils advocate here for the sake of conversation. Do you think just by happen stance Andrew met the perfect woman in every way meaing she is attractive, smart, has her own career & money, and meets the royal standard would be suited for royal life and is willing to walk the walk in his world out of love. The only thing is however she does not have children of her own and may at least want one. Do you think he would pass on a relationship with her at this stage in his life? Just asking for conversation sake.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
Okay playing devils advocate here for the sake of conversation. Do you think just by happen stance Andrew met the perfect woman in every way meaing she is attractive, smart, has her own career & money, and meets the royal standard would be suited for royal life and is willing to walk the walk in his world out of love. The only thing is however she does not have children of her own and may at least want one. Do you think he would pass on a relationship with her at this stage in his life? Just asking for conversation sake.
That woman would have to absolutely knock him for a loop for that to happen. She'd have to be no older than her mid 30's to have a good chance of conceiving and for Andrew to have a child in his 50's might not be all that appealing. I know some guys do it but imagine being in your mid to late 60's with a teenager running around on top of the possibility of several grandkids, some nearer in age to their uncle/aunt than they are to their cousins. You want the children you can spoil without responsibility not one you have to watch as you're supposed to be slowing down.

That and the Sarah situation always seems to cloud things. Can you picture Sarah at 55 getting into trouble and trying to run back to Andrew when he's got a toddler? As a guy I'd rather jam an irate crab down my boxers than try to deal with the situation that could arise between the new wife and the daughters.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
That woman would have to absolutely knock him for a loop for that to happen. She'd have to be no older than her mid 30's to have a good chance of conceiving and for Andrew to have a child in his 50's might not be all that appealing. I know some guys do it but imagine being in your mid to late 60's with a teenager running around on top of the possibility of several grandkids, some nearer in age to their uncle/aunt than they are to their cousins. You want the children you can spoil without responsibility not one you have to watch as you're supposed to be slowing down.

That and the Sarah situation always seems to cloud things. Can you picture Sarah at 55 getting into trouble and trying to run back to Andrew when he's got a toddler? As a guy I'd rather jam an irate crab down my boxers than try to deal with the situation that could arise between the new wife and the daughters.

Irate crab that is too funny. Women have had babies in their forties most times it's a surprise when it happens but it is possible if the woman has not hit menopause yet. I admit the idea of Andrew pushing a baby stroller at McDonald's playland that is not his grandchild but his own child would be a site to see. Beatrice said that she wants him to find someone to make him happy. She seems to realize that he & her mother is not a good idea. I think in the end his children just want to see him happy so I think they would accept the new wife if he found one. I don't think he would marry anyone that did not get along with his girls.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
That's an interesting question to ponder. He might like to remarry, but I suspect he would prefer her to be 45+ so that the issue of children wouldn't arise. He and Sarah brought the girls up in a family type environment so he is probably happy with his lot at this stage.
I can definately see him playing a round of golf with a grandchild looking on in the future.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage