Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Doesn't Sarah wear hers too?

Maybe it's some sort of rebellious agreement they made between themselves.

If Andrew ever remarries anyone, it will be his first wife. But I'd be surprised if he ever got married again.
I'm not even sure that Sarah would consider remarrying back into the BRF. She probably remembers all too well the constraints and reins that were put on her the first time around and would run screaming from a remarriage. The way she sees she has things now is perfect. She gets to play "Duchess", do whatever she pleases and knows she has Andrew and the girls beside her every step of the way. Its the modern fairy tale as Sarah herself put it. Perhaps also what she meant by being divorced to each other and not divorced from each other.

As for Andrew and other possible relationships. I think anyone that has any inkling of the connection between Andrew and Sarah since the divorce is bound to be smart enough to see that there would be three in the marriage should they marry Andrew and look elsewhere for a life partner.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Courtier

I agree. Sarah has things the way she likes them. She lives in a Royal house lives like a Royal but has no constraints. She is getting her cake and eating it too. Sarah likes the privilages that comes with the title but not the duty involved. Even when she was in the family she caused trouble. Freebie Fergie, her spending, leaving her daughter for a long time to follow Andrew around for a few months when she was so young, selling pictures to Hello, then the affairs. I doubt she would ever be welcomed back into the fold by the Queen and Senior Royals. The DofE doesn't like her at all and there have been several stories of him taking her bad behaviour out on Andrew and the girls. Maybe when they are gone but then he would probably need to Charles to approve it and I'm not so sure she is well liked there either. At the moment she has no need Andrew is paying her way like any husband would and lets her do what she wants it's even better then being married. I don't see any women wanting to be serious with Andrew with Sarah around and with everything she has said.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Commoner

You make a good point Meadow - why would another woman want to be involved with Prince Andrew when in the background is the ex wife and the mother of his children. It would be a bit like "there were three in this marriage" scenario again.

Prince Andrew is made to look very weak and ineffective with Fergie hanging around after so long. He doesn't seem to do too much and his life seems to have been wasted by a silly marriage choice.

Of course Sarah Ferguson would do all in her power to ensure that Andrew did not marry again,if he did she would be seriously undermined and she wouldn't like that at all.

When you think about it,Sarah has been very clever and is using everyone around her. Perhaps we should show no interest in her at all and she may have to face up to her problems and her shortcomings.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratsmum View Post
Prince Andrew is made to look very weak and ineffective with Fergie hanging around after so long. He doesn't seem to do too much and his life seems to have been wasted by a silly marriage choice.

It is a pity that a lot of people don't actually read the Court Circular. Andrew is one of the hardest working members of the family. All one has to do is count the number of engagements he does - for instance in the last week alone he has done 14 engagements. That is normal for him.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Courtier

He might work like a fiend, but he's being weak in not throwing Sarah out and getting on wiht his life. She's an albatross and put frankly each time she messes up, there is a call to get rid of the entire RF. Her relationship with Andrew is where she gets all the benefits and none of the responsibilities. If she were to be tossed out and left to her own devices I am more than sure that she would end up too busy getting a home and income and be unable to make a mess. Or if she ends up messing up her life, it will be her life and her life only. Time to cut the strings.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
He might work like a fiend, but he's being weak in not throwing Sarah out and getting on wiht his life. She's an albatross and put frankly each time she messes up, there is a call to get rid of the entire RF. Her relationship with Andrew is where she gets all the benefits and none of the responsibilities. If she were to be tossed out and left to her own devices, I am more than sure that she would end up too busy getting a home and income and be unable to make a mess. Or if she ends up messing up her life, it will be her life and her life only. Time to cut the strings.

It has been said over and over again - she has no means of making money that doesn't involve publicity. She has no skills and no work history.

If Andrew cuts her loose then she will have no where to go - unless she ends up living with Beatrice at St James' Palace (she can't live with Eugenie yet as Eugenie lives in a dormitory type on campus when not living at White Lodge).

Her life is tied to the royal family whether you and others like it or not - she is the mother of 5th and 6th in line to the throne and simply can't be left to 'rot'. You think a Sarah scandal is bad but imagine the damage to the prestige of the monarchy if she was to be forced to live on the streets - destitute - imagine the headlines 'heartless royal family lets princesses mother rot'.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Courtier

There are a lot of men and women who have cut out dysfunctional family members and left them to fend for themselves. Families cut out criminals, alcoholics, they cut out chaotic personalities, they cut out people who are out of control and messing up their own lives by proxy.

Each scandal is getting worse and worse and worse and she isnt' facing real consequences. Something will come up next, something worse, just you wait. If she isn't going to experience the serious repercussions of her actions, she will do something a lot worse and I am more than sure that it may well cross over into the realm of illegal. At some point, she's going to go too far (not that she hasn't already).
Old 07-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Something will come up next, something worse, just you wait. If she isn't going to experience the serious repercussions of her actions, she will do something a lot worse and I am more than sure that it may well cross over into the realm of illegal. At some point, she's going to go too far (not that she hasn't already).
I've thought about this too - that somewhere down the road, Sarah is going to commit a crime punishable by law - something that she can't deny away or blame on entrapment - something that even Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie can't ignore. She really is running straight for disaster. But I think it's a good thing, in the long run, for Sarah to have a fall so dramatic that she can't recover for a long, long time.

I loathe the way Sarah's behaving right now and I don't buy the victimhood story that she's selling, but I still like Sarah. But I think Sarah can be a very headstrong and single-minded person - this can be a great trait, or a terrible one. At the moment, she is determined to keep living a royal life....which is why I think eventually, we'll hear of a much bigger scandal. When you're pursuing a goal at all costs, your conscience can go numb. She got away with the cash-for-access scandal without going bankrupt, without losing Andrew's support, so the next time Sarah needs money, what's she going to do? Probably something worse than the last time, because the last time she got away almost unscathed.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I've thought about this too - that somewhere down the road, Sarah is going to commit a crime punishable by law - something that she can't deny away or blame on entrapment - something that even Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie can't ignore. She really is running straight for disaster. But I think it's a good thing, in the long run, for Sarah to have a fall so dramatic that she can't recover for a long, long time.
She's on the border of crime with this antic and she's been heading to this point for some time. The minute she had that antic with John Bryan (right in front of her CHILDREN) and I can't imagine how it would have gone if she had stayed married to Andrew. She is going to self destruct and she is going to end up doing something horrific and the last thing the RF needs right now is to have Andrew mixed up in it. She's going to ruin the life of her daughters and Andrew needs a new wife and she needs to be moved out. Sarah is close to a massive fall. Right now she's ruining his life and he has a right to move on and live life with a nice enough woman. There are more than enough of them out there.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
He might work like a fiend, but he's being weak in not throwing Sarah out and getting on wiht his life. She's an albatross and put frankly each time she messes up, there is a call to get rid of the entire RF. Her relationship with Andrew is where she gets all the benefits and none of the responsibilities. If she were to be tossed out and left to her own devices I am more than sure that she would end up too busy getting a home and income and be unable to make a mess. Or if she ends up messing up her life, it will be her life and her life only. Time to cut the strings.
I really don't think staying at Royal Lodge (where Andrew lets her have a room/rooms to use when she's in the area) is all everything people are cracking it up to be. Its *not* like they are both living as a married couple (and if they were, its really none of our business I think). Even in the past when she was renting a home, it was practically next door to Andrew. They remain close but I don't think that Andrew is floating her boat where she wants to steer it. After the Cash for Access sting, he did have his financial people look into her debts in the UK and resolved some of those. Some I believe were bills run up around Royal Lodge (chefs, postage, transport etc). For all we know, she's on a tight rein of what she can and cannot do while at Royal Lodge. Andrew doesn't talk about it and he probably never will. Its their business. I don't really think that Sarah is there all that much but it really did surprise me that part of Finding Sarah was filmed there.

Right now I think Sarah's main focus is on the US and won't be surprised one bit if in the near future she acquires a permanent residence somewhere.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Courtier

I wonder what Koo Stark is up to these days.

I wonder if there is a successful, socially ambitious heiress out there who would be able to capture the attention of the press and then end up bouncing Sarah back into oblivion.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Courtier

I have the exact same feeling. She seems to have pretty much gotten away with it and as far as Andrew and the girls are concerned she was the victim Next one will be harder for her to get out of and there will be a next because she hasn't learnt anything. She got a show from Oprah and a large cash payment for being the victim. As for the house issue she had the money she had millions at one stage and she never thought of buying a house? Or she never had enough for a house she thought she was entitled too is more like it. Let's not forget her staff of 12 which she no longer has. Now she has Andrew's staff to do what she wants and she doesn't have to pay for them another reason for her not too leave. I'm surprised none of them have started leaking things! The Queen could give her a little house but I think Sarah would expect a big house and a full staff I just don't think she would be grateful for the basics when she believes she is entitled to a Royal lifestyle. So she will stay with Andrew until he kicks her out! It actually isn't a healthy relationship for either of them because neither can move on. Sarah admits they both continue to date others but Andrew is her soul mate it is very confusing!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Courtier

She's like an alocholic, only an emotional or psychological one, not when it coems to booze. It's like there's a broken switch inside of her and she can't take the time out to analyze it and fix the switch so it works again.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
She's like an alocholic, only an emotional or psychological one, not when it coems to booze. It's like there's a broken switch inside of her and she can't take the time out to analyze it and fix the switch so it works again.
There's no such thing as "fixing" an addiction. You manage it. You'll always be an alcoholic, drug addict, gambling, compulsive spender etc, it's about learning your triggers and avoiding them. Some people recognize a problem early on and jump away from it (Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter, has just admitted that he had to stop boozing) and some don't realize it till they've hit rock bottom but some don't ever stop.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Let's move on from Sarah and get back to the topic of the thread...A Wife for Andrew. We are just rehashing the same theme that is being played in three separate threads.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I wonder what Koo Stark is up to these days.

I wonder if there is a successful, socially ambitious heiress out there who would be able to capture the attention of the press and then end up bouncing Sarah back into oblivion.
The last I heard, Koo Stark was also suffering financial reverses and living on welfare. (Also, she has major health issues). I'm certain Andrew could find a suitable wife if he so desired; but I think he has no interest in doing so. Pity.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

He is sort of in a catch 22 position since she is the mother of his children. If he shows her the door then he has to deal with the girls who would most likely come to her rescue as much as possible if it were to their own detriment.
Then there would also be the publicity Sarah would create "Andrew kicked me out, I am penniless and am living on the streets, I am on welfare etc boo hoo hoo". Andrew and the BRF really can't win where Sarah in concerned.
The best we can hope for is that she gets her act together and moves on. Actually if Andrew were to remarry it might give her the impetus to get her act together since she would no longer be HRH The Duchess of York and her using the Duchess title would be of diminished value.
Maybe we should write to Sophie and ask if she has a nice single friend she can fix Andrew up with, LOL
Old 07-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

I think Andrew has made it pretty clear over the years he has no intentions of moving on. Even if they don't remarry I think he will remain connected to Sarah if only unofficially. Perhaps smarter that way, less pressure/lower profile.

MM
Old 07-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Andrew does date other women so clearly they aren't romantically involved and Sarah dates others too. Andrew has even asked someone else to marry him but she didn't want to give up her career and be apart of the BRF. It makes me wonder how close they are and if maybe Sarah now wants something closer. He doesn't seem to have a lot of time but then that could be why he has thrown himself into doing so many official duties. I remember reading stories of him home alone watching videos back when Sarah was doing well. She seems to show up when she needs something but when things are great she isn't around so much. If Andrew found someone she would need to be strong and deal with Sarah early on. Parents can be friends without being in each others pockets and Andrew would need to stop helping Sarah with money etc so much. I would love to see what Sarah would do if he did marry and she really couldn't use the Duchess of York title as she now really does. Maybe he will meet someone eventually I think when Charles takes over Andrew won't have as many duties and since he has never been happy about Andrew doing the trade role that may well end! I am actually surprised he is still doing that but I think he has the protection of the Queen to thank for that.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, he cares for her. He has never, really, moved on. A date here and there. But she is always there. Ces't la vie.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage