The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Commoner

Condoleeza Rice and Andrew? Either you are kidding or you're taking yourself too seriously here in this forum. This is never going to happen and fortunately the Yorks are a happy family, even if in a peculiar way. Whether you like it or not.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Whatever I am done with the subject. No more post from me on this.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah took a secretarial course, and so I assume that she has a diploma in office skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I'm not sure if Sarah Ferguson had a college degree? Did she?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
Whatever I am done with the subject. No more post from me on this.
It was worthy of the banter, Hon.

I have never seen Condolezza Rice with any man so I cannot confirm nor deny anything there.

Prince Andrew has indeed had his share of different women, from Angie Everhart--Russo's opinion is that she's NOT the sharpest pencil in the box--to that cool blonde Amanda what's-her-name with a gift of making money to Koo Stark. Rather hard to say that PA has a "type" unless they are red-headed.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
It was worthy of the banter, Hon.

I have never seen Condolezza Rice with any man so I cannot confirm nor deny anything there.

Prince Andrew has indeed had his share of different women, from Angie Everhart--Russo's opinion is that she's NOT the sharpest pencil in the box--to that cool blonde Amanda what's-her-name with a gift of making money to Koo Stark. Rather hard to say that PA has a "type" unless they are red-headed.
Thank you for having my back Russo.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTulip View Post
Condoleeza Rice and Andrew? Either you are kidding or you're taking yourself too seriously here in this forum. This is never going to happen and fortunately the Yorks are a happy family, even if in a peculiar way. Whether you like it or not.
I think you may be taking these posts too seriously. Is Prince Andrew a fan of American Football? Condoleeza's dream job is to be named commissioner of the NFL. Any fantasy marriage would be helped by his interest in the sport.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasillisos Markos View Post
I think you may be taking these posts too seriously. Is Prince Andrew a fan of American Football? Condoleeza's dream job is to be named commissioner of the NFL. Any fantasy marriage would be helped by his interest in the sport.
Golf Darling. PA adores the sport. I don't think Connie is a golf kinda gal.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Personally, I don't think Andrew will take another wife..

The only woman that he has been consistently involved with is Sarah.. and they have shared a home together, or lived next door to one another, for all the years following their divorce.

There is probably no one on earth that knows Andrew better.. and their close relationship is a testament to their commitment to each other, and to their children.

I just don't see another woman taking Sarah's place in Andrew's life or affections.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of her.. he has in the past and continues to this day, to stand by her.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I didn't know that Condoleeza Rice had a man in her life. I would be curious to know who he is? Perhaps this man likes to be in the background as I've never seen him.
She dated and was for a short time engaged to pro-football player Rich Upchurch.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTulip View Post
hahaha yes! What about Baroness Thatcher? She has only recently celebrated her 85th birthday and is free. Would not she be an appropriate choice for Andrew?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Commoner

I don't know anything about the Duke and Duchess of York other then that they were married and something about toe sucking pictures i'm assuming she cheated on Prince Andrew. If they think they might want to get back together, then I think they should go for it, anything is possible. They must still get along to some extent if they are still practically living together, and how many people who are divorced would do that?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

^^ correct!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDiana View Post
I don't know anything about the Duke and Duchess of York other then that they were married and something about toe sucking pictures i'm assuming she cheated on Prince Andrew. If they think they might want to get back together, then I think they should go for it, anything is possible. They must still get along to some extent if they are still practically living together, and how many people who are divorced would do that?
Your correct that not a lot of people live together after being divorced, however not many people divorce the fourth in line to the throne, and happen to have two children with him.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Courtier

You never learn anything the second time you get kicked by a horse. Andrew appears to have learned from the first.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:33 PM

I think that Andrew and Sarah should remarry but I think it will only be allowed under these circumstances:

First of all I don't think it would be allowed while the Queen is still living. Charles will have to be King in order for it to happen. The Queen still has issues with Sarah and I am sure she would not want Andrew and Sarah to remarry while she is on the throne. Especially after the last disaster with the issue of her finances and betraying Andrew.

Second, Andrew was in the Navy before and away for long periods of time. That would not be the case now. He would be with Sarah constantly and they would act as a team. I am guessing that if they were to marry, an official at the palace would sit Sarah down and tell her the rules of the game, how she was to behave, what to do and not to do, etc. And Andrew would be there to also watch her behavior. I would think that on many of their first engagements, she would not go on any alone and he would lead many of them. They would keep her on a tight reign and watch her very closely. If she behaved, she would be given certain privileges, like doing solo engagements, etc.

Third, Andrew had not dated very much since the divorce and seeing his siblings married must make him wish for a complete family of his own. Surely by now he must have had lots of opportunities to meet and marry someone that he liked, but he has held off for some reason. I feel that he his holding out to have another chance with Sarah. And perhaps Sarah is holding out to have another chance with him as well.

Fourth, Charles understands better than anyone what it is like to marry someone that perhaps the public might not approve of. I think that he would eventually approve of Andrew and Sarah remarrying under the right circumstances, seeing that the crown will someday go to William and to his children. Andrew will continue to help support the family but will never rule in his own right. Once Charles is King, attention will be diverted away from Andrew and more onto William so there will be less pressure to always be doing the right thing. You just never know what may happen next.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Margaret View Post
Second, Andrew was in the Navy before and away for long periods of time. That would not be the case now. He would be with Sarah constantly and they would act as a team..
I don't think King Charles would appoint Sarah to act as a second UK Special Representative for International Trade and Investment. According to the Duke's website, he undertook 757 engagements (year starting April 1, 2009 and ending March 31st, 2010) in the UK and abroad. He spent 76 days working abroad in 23 countries. Sounds still like a lot of alone time to me.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Margaret View Post
I am guessing that if they were to marry, an official at the palace would sit Sarah down and tell her the rules of the game, how she was to behave, what to do and not to do, etc. And Andrew would be there to also watch her behavior. I would think that on many of their first engagements, she would not go on any alone and he would lead many of them. They would keep her on a tight reign and watch her very closely. If she behaved, she would be given certain privileges, like doing solo engagements, etc.

Third, Andrew had not dated very much since the divorce ....

I think Sarah has gotten that talk more than once over the last twenty five years. At her age, she should have learned something but she hasn't. Andrew shouldn't have to "mind" her. That's not a marriage, that's parenting.

And Andrew has dated a considerable amount since the divorce, but marriage was not all that great for him: why would he go back into a hellhole like that was, especially knowing now that twenty years on, Sarah is still a child?
Old 10-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
And Andrew has dated a considerable amount since the divorce, but marriage was not all that great for him: why would he go back into a hellhole like that was, especially knowing now that twenty years on, Sarah is still a child?
I was reminded of this interview that Andrew gave in 2000. He says "we got married and had a wonderful time, but it did not work out for whatever reason."
Andrew hints at a royal remarriage | UK news | The Guardian

So while Andrew and Sarah's marriage did not work out, I don't think Andrew would describe it as "a hellhole."
Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I think Sarah has gotten that talk more than once over the last twenty five years. At her age, she should have learned something but she hasn't. Andrew shouldn't have to "mind" her. That's not a marriage, that's parenting.

I fully appreciate your thoughts and opinions NAP, and while I do agree with some of what you say I really don't think Andrew considers or would ever describe his marriage as a hellhole. We all know how it ended (lets not drag everything up again) but it can't have been all bad. They must have had some very happy times to remain the close friends they still are today.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Administrator

I agree IrishEyes.

There is such a thing as being civil for the children sake but I don't think I have every witnessed such a divorce. Maybe Bruce and Demi, they do things with their kids....but they both remarried and both 2nd spouses go along.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage