A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In her autobiography Sarah says she'd asked to accompany Andrew on his postings and live in Navy housing so they could be together but her request was denied. When Prince Philip was in the Navy, Princess Elizabeth accompanied him for long stretches, even leaving her children behind in England while she was with her husband. It's interesting that although it was OK for the heir to the throne, whose father was not in good health, was allowed to do that but the wife of a younger son was not.

Its also interesting to note that when Elizabeth was with Phillip, her kids (in this case Charles and Anne) were being raised by nannies and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. When Andrew and Edwards were born, she made a conscious effort to spend more time with them. Of course, she was more relaxed in her role as Queen. Perhaps, Sarah's request to spend more time with Andrew was denied because of this. Either way...Sarah couldn't win. I remember when they went on a long trip overseas (was it Australia or something) Sarah didn't bring Beatrice along (it was for four to six weeks) and you would have thought she officially abandoned the child they way the press howled.

Yes,it seemed like Sarah could do nothing right.The Queen left her children with the nannies when she had to go on official trips;but Diana changed things when she insisted that she take William along on the Australian tour.Sarah had stated that she felt the "gray people,"the officials at Buckingham Palace had it in for her;she was advised by palace officials that it would be better for Beatrice to remain in England.She probably would not have been allowed to take Beatrice if she had asked.

I just read on the royal news sight that andrew and angie everhart are serious so say friends. Would the royals allow him to marry angie?

If Koo Stark didn't cut it for the royal family, I don't think Ms. Everhart would either.

(Check out her wikipedia entry.)

She is rumored to have had an affair with "shock jock" radio personality Howard Stern, and was married "briefly" to Ashley Hamilton, the son of the perpetually tanned George Hamilton and pseduo-stepson (?) of Rod Stewart (Ashley's mom is Alana Stewart).

Don't think it will happen.

Regardless of Ms Everhart's suitability, I just find it laughable that a 50-something man who doesn't have a real chance of inheriting the crown needs to be "allowed" to marry anyone. And they said the same about his older brother before April 2005.

Lady Bluffton said:
If Koo Stark didn't cut it for the royal family, I don't think Ms. Everhart would either.

(Check out her wikipedia entry.)

She is rumored to have had an affair with "shock jock" radio personality Howard Stern, and was married "briefly" to Ashley Hamilton, the son of the perpetually tanned George Hamilton and pseduo-stepson (?) of Rod Stewart (Ashley's mom is Alana Stewart).

Don't think it will happen.
I think Angie Everhart's main obstacle to becoming the next Duchess of York would probably be a few of her B-movies where she appears nude and is involved in 'love' scenes. Her past marriage years ago and her many boyfriends probably isn't enough to sink her but 'Love in Paris' is, unfortunately. I do think it's great that Andrew has seemingly moved on from Sarah, thank goodness. If the BRF can buy up Angie's past compromising photographic positions and keep them out of the public domain, maybe they have a chance. She just might make a great duchcess.

He won't marry Angie. That past...I knew her movies would do her in. I am glad he is dating..although I wouldn't be sad to see him remarry Sarah.

If he likes red head..why can't he find a nice quiet girl who has red hair?

bedford lady

Well, Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of E are both elderly. When they die, I would think King Charles would have some sympathy for his brother's position. Also, why would it be a problem for the Anglican church for them to remarry? I would think they would be in favor..'till death do you part and all that. It's not exactly the same as marrying some one that you had been carrying on with. If that's ok, why shouldn't Sarah and Andrew be remarried?

Angie Everhart--Prince Andrew's current (rumored) girlfriend

Glamour magazine; Elle magazine

Photo credit: Paramount Pictures
& Sports Illustrated

I don't think Sarah fits in with the royal family it's too confining for her and Andrew needs a more low-key laid back wife.I do like Sarah and think she and Andrew are amazing parents and friends but I don't see them back together.I was struck by a couple of interviews I saw her in a while back she didn't even want to talk about the royals and resented being asked any questions about them which for her was odd.Maybe she was just trying to say that part of her life was over and she didn't want to keep rehashing it or maybe it was because they asked her questions about the RF and she had no information to give.Whatever her reasons I doubt they will reunite as a couple and it's just as well I think.

Hi, Penny Lane - welcome to the Royal Forums!

Do you think Andrew will remarry?

Angie Everhart is very pretty. It's a shame she's been in questionable movies.
So who do you guys think would be a good match for Andrew? Someone with looks, class, under 40, sensible, knows how to behave, isn't extravagant, or a party gal. (Basically the complete opposite of Sarah) :lol:
Any recomendations? Let's help the guy out. This could be fun.
How about Renee Zellwegger? She seems like a sweet person.
Or what about Jennifer Anniston? Are there any socialites or aristocracy in London who would be appropriate? I'm not familiar with London society.

rchat said:
How about Renee Zellwegger? She seems like a sweet person.
Or what about Jennifer Anniston? Are there any socialites or aristocracy in London who would be appropriate? I'm not familiar with London society.
Renee would be great but who knows? She did dump Kenny Chesney as a fraud (legal talk she says:lol:) four months after she married him. But I still think she's sweet.
Jennifer Aniston seems like a very needy person who wouldn't be the best match but again, who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Angie Everhart is attractive, but so incredibly cheap in those photos... I don't think she's royal material, but you never know...

politikgirl said:
Angie Everhart is attractive, but so incredibly cheap in those photos... I don't think she's royal material, but you never know...
Well she said shock jock Howard Stern was the best sex she ever had. Now even if that's true, does a classy lady say something like that? I don't think so. She was also on the Dr. Keith Ablow show with Shar Jackson (dumped by K. Federline while she was pregnant for Britney Spears) talking about her break-up with Sylvester Stallone 11 years ago. Why? Isn't she dating Prince Andrew? Or maybe she knows it's really not a serious relationship and even if it is, she has no chance of becoming the next HRH The Duchess of York.

link: TMZ.com
http://www.tmz.com/2006/09/20/no-they-dint-jilted-exes-dish-about-brit-and-buffy/

Elspeth said:
...Do you think Andrew will remarry?
I really do hope he does remarry and that he is happy and finds peace no matter who it is he finds peace and happiness with. Hopefully we will all like her.:)

Laviollette said:
YouTube video interview of Angie with David Letterman from 1996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHUmaTjFYZA
Oh my gosh! That video! David had to start the interview all over. :lol:
It's too bad Gwyneth Paltow is already married. she might have made a good match and she was living in England.
But does Andrew mingle much with Hollywood people?

i am also supporting a remarriage between sarah and andrew, because they ve always looked happy, t think- just wonder if it was really not their wish but this of the queen or so, who wanted to seperate them. they re looking good together, and obviously are matching well again, i think of the pics who were there to remember 11/9 in america!

i will love to see prince Andrew married again. As ive said many times, he seems like a truly good person and i would hate to see him old and lonley. They look good together. Shes very pretty and looks like his type

I think Sarah would get bored with him again.I think he needs to find someone in the royal circle or close to it she dosen't need to be titled but she needs to know how things work.

Laviollette said:
Renee would be great but who knows? She did dump Kenny Chesney as a fraud (legal talk she says:lol:) four months after she married him. But I still think she's sweet.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder what the heck that was all about anyway.:sad:

Laviollette said:
Jennifer Aniston seems like a very needy person who wouldn't be the best match but again, who knows?
Really? Jennifer comes across as needy? Well, she has had some high profile relationships and breakups, so maybe she wouldn't be the best.

Maybe Rachel Hunter (Rods' ex) would be a good match. She's very attractive and I don't think she's ever done anything controversial.

Laviollette said:
YouTube video interview of Angie with David Letterman from 1996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHUmaTjFYZA
hehe - Poor David. I think he gets embarrassed by that kind of stuff.

Re: Howard Stern - if Angie said that about Howard then that automatically makes her look bad in my book. I can't stand Howard Stern!

sydney00 said:
i am also supporting a remarriage between sarah and andrew, because they ve always looked happy, t think- just wonder if it was really not their wish but this of the queen or so, who wanted to seperate them. they re looking good together, and obviously are matching well again, i think of the pics who were there to remember 11/9 in america!
You mean this year's 9/11 event in NYC? The one where Sarah probably got Andrew to pull some strings for her so she could be there on a personal level (not representing Britian with Andrew)? I think this is one of the pics...
48cprsx.jpg

(Picturedesk)
Well, like I said before... Sarah looks happy, not so sure about Andrew. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Penny Lane said:
I think Sarah would get bored with him again.I think he needs to find someone in the royal circle or close to it she dosen't need to be titled but she needs to know how things work.
Yeah, you're probably right. He probably would be better off with someone from close to his own circle. But I don't know who's in his circle. :question:

rchat said:
Yeah, you're probably right. He probably would be better off with someone from close to his own circle. But I don't know who's in his circle. :question:
Sarah is actually from his own circle, or close to it. I would love to see them together again. It probably won't ever happen, but it might be nice. They seemed to have really loved one another at one time, I think Sarah was just immature and a little too selfish to appreciate Andrew.

She seems more mature and understanding now, but I don't if she'd be patient enough for it to really work. It would be nice, though.

Personality wise I think they are not so compatiable he likes his golf and a quiter life I think Sarah was too confined by the royal way although she did enjoy alot of the advantages of royal likfe I think in the end she felt boxed in by it.

I think if Andrew got back together with Sarah and it didn't work out again, he'd never hear the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom