The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I think the answer to this question is that Andrew probably thinks that Sarah is the only wife and mother to him and his kids and that he obviously still deeply loves Sarah.
When a man in this family loves, he really loves to death

Old 03-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

As Andrew is one of my favorite royals, I sincerely hope he finds someone special.

I think there is a lot of feeling between Andrew and Sarah, not least of which the two wonderful daughters they share, but if they can't live together I do hope they can each find someone they can live with.

As Beatrice and Eugenie are becoming grown up, we may see some new relationships for both Sarah and Andrew.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

I would really like Andrew to meet someone special and fall in love with them. Even though it would be wonderful for him and Sarah to get re-married I have a feeling that it would never happen in Prince Philip's lifetime as he is well know for his utter dislike of Sarah. Andrew still is a very nice looking man for someone in their midforties and I wish him happiness.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Prince Andrew (L) meets Vietnam's Foreign Minister Nguyen Dy Nien in Hanoi at the start of a three-day visit to the communist country. Prince Andrew started a three-day Vietnam visit to promote the nation as a trade and investment partner for the communist country in meetings with state and business leaders.(AFP/Frank Zeller)
He is a lovely man - A man with spunk!.. I wish he would have another partner in his lifetime..:) (I mean Andrew , not Mr. Dy Nien)..
Old 06-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

I've always thought Prince Andrew was the more handsome of the "Windsor sons". Everyone offers up opinions of the guy, but he seems fairly decent. I'm surprised he hasn't remarried or at least engaged in a long-term relationship. Maybe he still carries the torch for his ex wife. I dunno but there's something rather lonely about him.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemac63
He is a lovely man - A man with spunk!.. I wish he would have another partner in his lifetime..:) (I mean Andrew , not Mr. Dy Nien)..
Maybe he is religious and sticks to his marriage vows ("till death will us part") so there is a chance we have to wait till his wife exits this life. Just like his brother Charles waited till his marriage was divorced not only by court but by death as well before he married Camilla.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Just like his brother Charles waited till his marriage was divorced not only by court but by death as well before he married Camilla.
I wish that Andrew would move on quickly but the news that Beatrice insisted and got her mother to be present at Andrew's Order of the Garter ceremony kills me.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

You know what..you can't help who you love. As long as its not a destructive kind of love...I don't see the problem with Andrew still loving Sarah. We only know what we hear and read in the papers. What holds them together must be something..cause they have both dated other people since their divorce.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Logic would dictate that the answer is YES THE Duchess of York etc. as she would be the wife of HRH THE Duke of York etc. Any wife of Andrew would have these titles.
If Andrew was to marry another women, would Fergie still be duchess of york? would there then be two duchess of York's

Quote:
I wish that Andrew would move on quickly but the news that Beatrice insisted and got her mother to be present at Andrew's Order of the Garter ceremony kills me.
I don't blame Beatrice if she did have anything to do with that. I mean they seem to be giving the girls mixed messages, they live together, do things together, this would probably give the girls a lot of hope that they're parents would re-marry. I do wonder how Fergie would handle seeing Andrew with a new women? I am pretty sure no women would want her husband living with his ex-wife. So Fergie would probably have to move out. I do see Andrew getting married again whether to Sarah or someone else.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOY!
II do wonder how Fergie would handle seeing Andrew with a new women?
According to I believe the Daily Mail, Andrew is said to be dating the American Angie Everhart, a red-head and model who's dated a string of high profile men including Albert of Monaco. Mind you, according to the paper Everhart even attended Beatrice's b-day bash, was seen talking, at the bash, with Andrew for supposedly hours, and, get this, was also seen dancing with none other than the Duchess of York herself. The two ladies supposedly got along swimmingly.

And as for Andrew, pre-Everhart, not having been in long term relationships, that's just not true according to the British press. He's dated a high profile business woman whose name escapes me at the moment, for years, but supposedly 'dropped' her fairly recently.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOY!
If Andrew was to marry another women, would Fergie still be duchess of york? would there then be two duchess of York's
No, there would be one HRH the Duchess of York (where Duchess of York is a royal title) and one Sarah, Duchess of York, (where Duchess of York is like a last name for a divorced wife of a peer).

More than a decade later, neither one is seriously linked to anyone else. They still have it for one another. I would love to see them remarried later in life when the social scene grows tired for them and they are settled. It would not happen in the Queen's or Philips lifetimes though. I think Sarah has too much respect for the Queen to ask her to endure the media frenzy of a remarriage. I would be disappointed in Charles if he tried to interfere if that was their decision. He is no innocent bystander in the extramarital affairs department. More discretion does not equal less sin. People in glass castles should not throw stones.:p
Old 07-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemac63
He is a lovely man - A man with spunk!..
..as evidenced by..?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Commoner

Frankly speaking I think the status quo would be best for both of them- sarah can never fit back into the rigorous role of being a royal wife with all its pressures etc - andrew probably loves sarah and vice versa but at the same time he likes his privacy and independence so if they can sustain a good relationship post-divorce then they should not interfere with it and just take it as it comes.The worst thing is if they got remarried and both were terribly unhappy all over again
Old 08-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Nobility

If andrew were to remarry would he have to follow the same procedure as charles meaning civil service and blessing or could he remarry in the church?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 PM

He'd have the same style marriages as Charles.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
He'd have the same style marriages as Charles.
Thank you.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Commoner

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Yes I would. they have maintained a good relationship for all these years. They still care for one another. The press and the royal family gave Sarah such a hard time and she went off the rails.

Now, times are different, the royal family is different esp since Princess Diana died, they had to come down from their pedestal and be more realistic.

Sarah deserves to be happy. She has struggled with being picked on for her looks, picked on for everything she has done but she has also been an excellent mother, worked hard to get herself out of debt and done a lot of good work, sometimes very low key without the accolades.

She and Andrew still care about each other and we should let them be together without criticism. Maybe if they were private citizens, they would be back together by now.
Sarah had everything, her husband's love, 2 kids, a wonderful home, but she got bored as P. Andrew was often away as he was in The Royal Navy- so she did what she did, Prince Andrew did not deserve it, very different from Diana' situation, well, if he still loves her, it's alright, but I know Sarah did change , though to state she does deserve his love, don't know, not really sure !
Old 08-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Courtier

MAybe Andrew keeps this facade relationship with Sarah so he can enjoy a princely bachelor's life without the press harassing him. Sarah is front for him and in return he maintains her royal aura and gives her a royal place to stay when in England.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Royal Highness

That's an interesting idea. Whatever the reason each held privately, they do seem to have a special bond that transcended divorce. I think the McCartneys should have hired Andrew and Sarah's divorce lawyers instead of Charles and Diana's. They would have done their Beatrice a huge favor.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Nobility

I think it takes two to make a marriage work andrew played his part in the break up. But the fact that they loved and still love and care about each other is really quite nice. I really don't think either of them was ready for marriage and that is why it failed. Neither thought of what they were doing or giving up maybe blinded by love.

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage