The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

What you're saying definitely makes sense, but...people can also do very surprising things. Especially when it comes to love.

I have reasons for thinking Andrew and Sarah will remarry, but some of them are based on sources of information I'm not sure I want to reveal on a public forum, so I'll leave it at this...people don't always do what we might expect them to.

As for them being apart for 17 years, I think it's less interesting that Andrew and Sarah have been separated for 17 years and haven't remarried each other, than that they've been separated for 17 years yet neither has remarried anyone else. Most people who separate in their 30s seem to have found someone else after 17 years.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Andrew and Sarah ever fell out of love with each but more Sarah fell out of love with the royal side of Andrew and he understood that.

I don't see them remarrying because to me they have the best 'royal' relationship around. She is free to do what she wants without the constraints of being royal, having done her duty as a wife and given Andrew two legitimate heirs. To me it seems that they are a couple in everyway that many of my friends are - namely 'common law' or 'de facto' but not in a formal marriage.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Majesty

I accept that not that long ago it was unthinkable that C&C might marry, but I do think the situation was very different. Charles wanted to have her by his side, in his public role. Also, it was important that Charles' private life be resolved given his important constitutional role, and his future role in relation to the CoE. Andrew does not really have these constraints. He has a limited public role, and his role as trade ambassador is certainly not necessarily going to be enhanced with Sarah by his side. So no compulsions there.

That said, I am sure that if Andrew really wanted to remarry Sarah, he will get the consent of the Queen or Charles, whoever is on the throne.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That said, I am sure that if Andrew really wanted to remarry Sarah, he will get the consent of the Queen or Charles, whoever is on the throne.
I honestly don't see that happening any time soon.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:05 AM
Nobility

I don't think the Queen would give consent to the re-marriage while the Duke of Edinburgh is alive. From what I remember he was particularly unhappy with Sarah when she was all over the media with her toesucking.

I think it more likely that Charles would give consent when he is King.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Commoner

I think they will always be together in some way...I would love to see them back together.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not likely. Sarah has stated many times she is not suited for royal life and has no desire to return to it.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, and Andrew also said in a recent interview that they are "in a better place now" and that he wouldn`t remarry Sarah.
Then again, Andrew once said he didn`t rule out remarriage to Sarah. They could be saying something different in another 4 or 6 years.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I myself don't want to see them back together, it would just cause more trouble, and end possible in divorce.
However if it makes Andrew happy..
Old 03-22-2010, 03:26 AM
Courtier

A Wife for Prince Andrew

I love this thread, but, please, some suggestions for suitable ladies, it's very difficult, but they must be some out there somewhere
Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think royal men have a pretty hard time finding their special someone to be their side because of the baggage they carry them. Then you add in the worry of "is she marrying me because of my titles and money" or "is she really marrying me for love?" Andrew doesn't really have as big of a baggage as Charles but he's still the Queen's son.

It's one thing to marry into a family like the Kennedy's or the Bush family and quite another to marry into a royal household. Remember you don't just marry the prince or princess, you marry the whole country as well. You're giving up your career, privacy and in Mary's you leave your homeland and Maxima too. One minute you're this normal person going about you're everyday life next thing you know you're a crown princess whose actions are being critiqued by everyone.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Of course any wife of Andrew's would NOT be a 'crown princess'. In Britain the Crown Princess is Camilla.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Yes, and Andrew also said in a recent interview that they are "in a better place now" and that he wouldn`t remarry Sarah.

Then again, Andrew once said he didn`t rule out remarriage to Sarah. They could be saying something different in another 4 or 6 years.
I don't think so. It was very telling at his 50th birthday party that he called her his "3rd child". I just finished reading Lesley Players book about the Duchess and I can see where Sarah really hasn't grown up though Andrew had and did.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

I am sure that one day they will be married again. The have a good relationship now and still love each other. I would be happy to see Sarah in royal family again.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

From everything I've read, I see it that Prince Andrew was saddled with Sarah to keep her out of trouble, so to speak. But hey, dream all you want, that's what makes life interesting.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Well I think that Sarah is wiser today as she was back then.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope you're right though I still see her making the same mistakes again most notably in her finances.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

You have to remember that there has been a serious recession and a lot of people, not just Sarah, have lost money. Yes, maybe she should have been more careful where she placed her money, but most of Sarah's financial problems this time around have been caused by companies collapsing/suspending their shares...not because of over-spending (as in the 1990s).

In the last year or two, I've noticed that Sarah has often worn items of clothing multiple times...she's not trying to live the lifestyle of a royal anymore in that respect, at least.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

We own our own business so we are very well aware of the recession.
I am concerned she is putting her trust in the wrong place again--RE: Johnny Bryan the so-called financial advisor.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergalicious View Post
I am sure that one day they will be married again. The have a good relationship now and still love each other. I would be happy to see Sarah in royal family again.
I agree with you. I would like to see them together again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergalicious View Post
Well I think that Sarah is wiser today as she was back then.
I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
You have to remember that there has been a serious recession and a lot of people, not just Sarah, have lost money. Yes, maybe she should have been more careful where she placed her money, but most of Sarah's financial problems this time around have been caused by companies collapsing/suspending their shares...not because of over-spending (as in the 1990s).

In the last year or two, I've noticed that Sarah has often worn items of clothing multiple times...she's not trying to live the lifestyle of a royal anymore in that respect, at least.
I say the same as you. This time is because of the economic recession.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage