The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Well you can take Angie Everhart off the list of hopefuls. They dated on and off a while ago. But I recently read that she had a baby with someone. Oh well.
Rumored to be Joe Pesci's, see here.
Angie Everhart

She and Prince Andrew are reported as still being good friends.

He sure likes those red heads, doesn't he??

Old 09-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

Russophile,what do you think of Pia Getty for our Prince?Especially now that she's available again.I remember once I read that her sister,MC,had Prince Edward in mind before meeting Paul of Greece.Now that could be a scoop!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't mind Pia Getty. She seems to have class and leads a very low profile life.

Russophile I had no idea about Pesci, didn't know they even dated. It didn't say in the article who the father was. Then again she could've dated someone else around that time too. hm... interesting.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Melina, she's certainly a STUNNER! Almost reminds me of those Fabulous Morgan sisters. . .
Those Hollywood types Do get around, don't they DC?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Nobility

I won't hold my breath for the wedding bells. Prince Andrew's close relationship with his ex wife is not really due to residual affection. He once told a TV interviewer that their unified approach was the most suitable and supportive way to raise the two princesses.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The two princesses are grown and flew the coop. That reasoning went out of the window as well. If it ever existed.
Still whoever she may be, she needs to be very accepting of his ex, since she is a constant presence in his life and she is not going away anytime soon.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

You have actually given a great argument for why I don't think he is even looking for another wife - he has one in all but name and her name is Sarah. I really do see them as a couple just not a married couple any more.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Nobility

Are you suggesting they're still, you know...?
I just can't believe the pair would keep a relationship like that a secret. Could Sarah stop it from slipping out all these years? No, this is wishful thinking.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, just about every time Mr. Fishfingers says they aren't "serious" she trots out the "I love Andrew" thing.
Maybe it's just safer for him to be single? Mr. Russo's ex is like that. She comes over all the time, she calls to no end, they are NOT amiable like Andrew and Sarah and there is the difference. Andrew LETS her do this, Mr. Russo does NOT. Until Andrew can, IMO, get a backbone, Sarah will always have the power to dictate who he does and does not see.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

If you scroll to the bottom of this interview, you will see what Andrew said a few days ago when asked about remarriage. (Interestingly it doesn't look like the reporter specifically asked him about remarriage to Sarah, but that's how he interpreted it.)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...is-family.html

I think "do we have to be married?" says that Andrew is content with his relationship with Sarah the way it is, but he also doesn't rule out the possibility of remarrying her. If Andrew was secretly tired of having Sarah around but didn't have enough "backbone" to say no to her, why would he even mention that possibility? He could have just said, "Do we have to be married? We're happy as it is," and left it at that. Sarah and Andrew actually seem to be on the same page when it comes to their relationship--Sarah just talks about it much more.

My impression is that Andrew and Sarah have an unspoken agreement that they'll remain single until Prince Philip dies. There were a few years when I thought they might remarry other people--when Sarah had moved out of Sunninghill and I remember her actually saying she would never remarry Andrew, and Andrew was also in a supposedly fairly serious relationship with Amanda Staveley. But nothing came of it, so I think Andrew and Sarah have an understanding, not that they will remarry someday, but that they'll make their decision about it when Philip dies.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO, rmay, they are welcome to each other. You might want to put the link to this article over in the PA thread if it isn't already there. It gives some good info. on HRH's duties and the etc.
Thanks for it, though.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I was brought up to do this sort of work. It is training, experience and genetics
No, it's the luck of the draw!
Quote:
He is also defensive about his former wife, who has moved back into his home, Royal Lodge in Windsor Great Park.She is reported to owe £700,000. “I have been vaguely aware she has been in the papers,” said the Duke. Does she have financial problems? “Not if you go into the full facts. There are a lot of stories and counter stories. Quite a lot of it scurrilous.”
They remained great friends? “Yes. We have two great children. We still look after them.”
Having been a single man for 13 years, would he remarry? “Do we have to be married? Well let’s put it another way. I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility
If the allegations of Sarah being in debt are slanderous, why no court case, that would be much more believable than her saying she is not in debt. As for 'looking after the children', is there something wrong with them, because at their age they should be able to order meals from the staff, dress and look after themselves? Clearly he didn't want to tell an outright lie, 'do we have to be married', why bother when they remain married in all but name!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some people in the US call such relationships "friends with benefits". If we assume that the Duke tried to be coy about it and he was actually thinking of his ex when he said "do we have to be married"? he leaves a door wide open.
I totally agree that the "children" can no longer be a reason or an excuse.
One thing that is unbelievable is that Sarah made the front pages of the newspapers and magazines and the Duke, is "vaguely" aware of it.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Odette, you took the tought right out of my head, I was JUST thinking,"yeah right, friends, with fringe benifits!" Agree its quite an interesting hunch.......
Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
...I just can't believe the pair would keep a relationship like that a secret.
That is where we have to differ because I do believe that they are a couple in everyway except on the marriage certificate.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That is where we have to differ because I do believe that they are a couple in everyway except on the marriage certificate.
I believe that too, bertie!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Majesty

This is what makes the most sense to me as well.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
One thing that is unbelievable is that Sarah made the front pages of the newspapers and magazines and the Duke, is "vaguely" aware of it.
And that makes it hard not to question the rest of his statements!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I know I can see things differently from other people but I saw Andrew's comment as more 'tongue in cheek' and not a literal meaning. I didn't see it as Andrew saying he didn't know that Sarah had been in the paper but more along the lines of 'I am fully aware of it but I am not saying anything about it as only a fool or someone who had been on Mars for the last couple of months wouldn't be aware that she had been in the papers.'

This is one of those occasions where seeing the person speak and actually hearing the intonation gives a lot of meaning but the words on the page don't necessarily convey the meaning.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, I think Andrew obviously knew Sarah had been in the news because he later talked about how "there had been a lot of stories"; but I don't think he wanted to discuss it.

That's why I also think he said he "couldn't confirm or deny the possibility" of remarriage. Obviously there is a possibility, or he would have denied it. But if he had said, "Yes there's a possibility" the papers would have practically announced his remarriage the next day. "Neither confirm nor deny" is pretty much government or legal-speak for, "There's some truth to what you're saying, but if I confirm anything you're going to make a big headline out of it that goes far beyond what I've said." I think Prince Andrew didn't want to talk too much about his personal life, which is fair enough.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage