The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
If Prince Andrew remarries it'll be very confusing having two Duchesses of York
It won't. I am sure the press will revert to referring to Sarah as the Duchess of Pork if she put on an extra ounce!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
If Prince Andrew remarries it'll be very confusing having two Duchesses of York
The media will enjoy themselves calling her the former wife,

Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Gentry

I'm surprised that when she and Andrew divorced, the queen didn't give her another title, such as "The Countess of so and so"
Old 01-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Sarah doesn't have any title since her divorce. She is referred to as "Sarah, Duchess of York", but she is not actually Duchess of York anymore. It's just a style that's used for divorced wives of peers out of courtesy. So, Andrew's seond wife would be the only Duchess of York

As for Queen granting Sarah a new title, I don't think it will happen. Not even Diana, mother of a future king, got a title after divorce and that certainly isn't a standard practice.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The media will enjoy themselves calling her the former wife,
She already is the former wife.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

thrutfully, i don't think he will ever -remarried! he has 2 daughters grown up, and i belive he is in good relation with Sarah, i really don't think so!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Whenever I think of anyone marrying into the BRF, I remember this exchange from the movie "Love Actually:"

Colin: Exciting news!
Tony: What?
Colin: I've bought a ticket to the States. I'm off in three weeks.
Tony: No!
Colin: Yes! To a fantastic place called Wisconsin.
Tony: No!
Colin: Yes! Wisconsin babes, here comes Sir Colin! Whoo hoo!
Tony: No, Col! There are a few babes in America, I grant you, but they're already going out with rich, attractive guys.
Colin: Nah, Tone, you're just jealous. You know perfectly well that any bar anywhere in America contains ten girls more beautiful and more likely to have ### with me than the whole of the United Kingdom.
Tony: That is total bollocks. You've actually gone mad, now.
Colin: No, I'm wise. Stateside I am Prince William without the weird family.

While the above relates to William, I think it's equally applicable to Andrew.

For all the royal groupies that are out there, hoping to land a big fish or imagining that they are living vicariously via someone who did, there are a healthy number of those who woudn't consider it for the life of them.

I can't imagine he either is bereft of female companionship, or feels a sense of nostalgia for the extraordinary inane marriage that he did have. Why ruin a known-to-be-happy life, for the uncertainty of another marriage?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
thrutfully, i don't think he will ever -remarried! he has 2 daughters grown up, and i belive he is in good relation with Sarah, i really don't think so!
I don't think he will either...I know some people thought that he and Sarah would eventually get back together again,but I just don't see it.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

well i always thought that they still togethr some how, but this way they have the privacy that they did not have before! it is really wire not to know himm any affairs, he still a man with humman necesitiues!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Gentry

I think their "arrangement" suits them both; he has the image of being a family man, but yet can live the life of a carefree bachelor. She is able to have the appearance of still being together with Prince Andrew, and therefore the appearance of still being a member of the RF, and can use this association, along with her still being called Duchess of York, to further her business interests. And their daughters had the advantage of growing up in a semi-intact family. Why would either one want to remarry, either to each other or to others?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has Andrew been seen in public with any woman other than Sarah, even subsequent to the divorce?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

Just the bikini clad lovelies on various yachts in which he is a guest. And those party girls who get their photos snapped standing beside him. But as far as a true "relationship", I've never seen him out and about w anyone, tho someone said there were a few photos of him w that Angie Everhardt, for a very short time.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Has Andrew been seen in public with any woman other than Sarah, even subsequent to the divorce?
Last summer he was photographed with Angie Everhardt, who was also his date to his daughter Beatrice's 18th birthday. Years ago he was in a relationship with a woman who had her own PR firm, her first name is Aurelia ( can't remember the rest) that was quite a long relationship and they were photographed together at various events. ( She eventually married someone else and he's god-father to one of her children. Andrew seems to stay on good terms with various exs and they ask him to their weddings and he's god-father to a number of their children. Including Koo Stark's daughter) He had a long relationship with a business woman who recently was in the news, supposedly he proposed and she turned him down. She wanted to remain single and focus on her career, not all woman would relish the idea of being a royal!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Courtier

I do wish he would find someone wonderful.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
...he's god-father to a number of their children. Including Koo Stark's daughter)
Wow, I never knew this. Koo Stark goes way back. Do you know how old her daughter is?
Old 01-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

thank you for the explanation nd i understand her, to be married to a royal is not easy but to the british royal i think it would be one of the last thing i would want!
how do you know so much?
Old 01-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Gentry

I also wish he could find someone wonderful. He seems to be overall a decent man, to be loyal to whomever he is with, and a good father. It's too bad he hasn't been able to find someone who loves him enough she wouldn't mind giving up her life and privacy to be a member of the RF. I think with Sarah he got what we call here a "raw deal", and he deserves someone much better.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I was going to say that P Andrew might marry again if he ever feel madly in love, but then I stopped myself 'cuz I don't know if he's really capable of falling in love. I don't know if any of HM's children are. Seems to me they all have relationship issues. Even Charles. I don't doubt he loves Camilla but being madly in love?? I think it's more along the lines of a good fit and of course she's always been supportive of him. I tend to think that's how it is w all of them. I dunno . . . I tend to think these royal marriages are more for convenience, producing heirs and a 'we-get-along-well-and-he/she-will-do' type of thing. I think HM was madly in love w Philip when they wed but after that, her children - unfortunately - not so much.
Really? I think Prince Charles seems very in love with Camilla. I think it's obvious from the pictures I've seen of them together and the way Charles speaks of her whenever he mentions her.

As for Prince Andrew, I don't think he's capable of falling in love with anyone because his heart still belongs to Sarah. It's not that he's madly in love with her, but I do think he loves her and is deeply attached to her. After all, she was the one who had the affair, and yet he let her stay at Sunninghill for years, and they're still close. He had every justification for cutting ties with Sarah, but he didn't, so I'd have to assume he never really stopped loving her.

I would be so surprised if Andrew remarried anyone other than Sarah. Really, if that ever happened...I'd probably fall over from shock or something. And the same goes for Sarah remarrying anyone other than Andrew.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

I know what you mean about Charles & Camilla and I do think that of all the women he's dated she's the one he prefers - obviously. But is it really love or is it more she's there for him. He can trust her and count on her and know she'll never desert him. All things I believe are hugely important to Charles. As for Andrew . . . I'm sure he still loves Sarah in a way but I think he's not w anyone new 'cuz he just doesn't care enough to be. As everyone has said, I think he's comfortable in his situation and isn't really driven enough to find something/someone new. These are just my opinions, of course.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that Prince Andrew NEEDS to get married. There are men out there that feel like they NEED to. They LIKE having somebody there in the morning. But with his staff, he is never alone so he doesn't have that niggling feeling of wanting somebody near.
I think he is very capable of love. I know that Prince Charles is. < ed irrelevant comments >
I just believe it's a trust factor with him, as it is with the whole BRF. As for his relationship with Sarah, the familiar, no matter how wrong it can be, is always "comfortable."

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage