A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who would be good for him, someone in the mold of Tipper Gore or Laura Bush (present husband withstanding).

These are beautiful mature ladies who have interests of their own with adult children. They are used to the spotlight and while some have accused them of being Stepford wives, they appear to be generally nice, lovely well respected women. They think before acting. And are constantly aware that their consequences have actions.

He needs to step away from Sarah, and the party circuit. As my friends used to say, "You can't find love in a club!"

Ah, an astute political wife! Distinct possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but working with non controversial causes.

i wish andrew and sarah would just get it over with and re marry.

i wish andrew and sarah would just get it over with and re marry.

I don't think they will ever remarry because I think they very much like it as it is. Sarah can do her own thing without the pressure of doing 'royal' duties but they are still together. That says a lot about the relationship. They are in a de facto relationship and I think, unless Andrew suddenly becomes King, they will stay that way.

I would love to see him marry a really nice lady, but I fear that Sarah's presence is stifling any possiblities

I would love to see him marry a really nice lady, but I fear that Sarah's presence is stifling any possiblities
I agree and I think she plans it that way.

It seems to me that Andrew just doesn`t want to remarry. Prince Joachim of Denmark is an example of what Andrew could have done after his divorce: court an eligible businesswoman who is educated and discreet, and eventually marry her. I can`t imagine that Andrew couldn`t find a bride if he`d wanted to. Aside from being a prince, he`s exactly the kind of middle-aged man women his age and younger would consider a catch: wealthy, still good-looking, and a gentleman. And if a woman really loved him I think she`d be willing to deal with the fact that he was a prince, with all the accompanying media attention and royal duties. I just don`t think Andrew has ever looked for that kind of woman. My impression is that after their divorce, Andrew and Sarah have dated, but never dated the type of people who were looking for marriage. In the last couple of years, Andrew hasn`t been photographed with any potential girlfriends at all.

Actually, if Andrew were ever going to remarry, I think it would have been a few years ago. Sarah moved out of Sunninghill and spent a lot of time in the States, and I even remember her being quite adamant on a TV show that she was Sarah Ferguson and that she was no longer part of the royal family. I would think that if Andrew had wanted to find another wife, he could have done so at that point.

I agree and I think she plans it that way.

Sarah might not want Andrew to remarry, but Andrew lets Sarah stay with him and says publicly that they are friends. I think Andrew is his own person: if he hasn`t remarried it`s because he`s content with his life the way it is now, not because Sarah has manipulated him into anything. But I do agree that in the situation he is in now, with Sarah (the mother of his children) living with him and forever talking about how close they are, no woman would seriously date him. And I think Andrew must be okay with this. As Iluvbertie said, both Andrew and Sarah are publicly putting on an appearance of being "a de facto couple" , whether or not that`s actually the case.

The tabs here are reporting that Sarah planned on taking a big payday to go on the series "Celebrity Rehab" for her drink problems. That's the kind of wife that Prince Andrew either needs or wants?

I agree, Russo; Sarah plays dog-in-the-manger very well.

The tabs here are reporting that Sarah planned on taking a big payday to go on the series "Celebrity Rehab" for her drink problems. That's the kind of wife that Prince Andrew either needs or wants?

Right now I don't think there's much that Sarah could do to surprise me. Perhaps being on American Princess with Paul Burrell is in the works too? :whistling:

I do wonder whether they are clearing the decks for a really permanent solution - remarriage to Andrew.
I think pigs would fly first. HM and The Duke of Edinburgh would never sanction that and when Charles ascends the throne I highly doubt he would sanction that either.
And really, do you possibly think that Prince Andrew would want to be saddled again with a woman who embarrasses herself and the BRF every time she opens her mouth?

I do wonder whether they are clearing the decks for a really permanent solution - remarriage to Andrew.

Iluvbertie that is a romantic thought.

I think marriage would open up more bad news if they married because they would be in a fishbowl. From Prince Andrew's action he is committed to Sarah, Duchess of York without being married to her. The pair really love each other or have a special place in each other's hearts. Either of them though dating has found someone to marry. I hope they leave marriage on the back burner.:flowers:

I think pigs would fly first. HM and The Duke of Edinburgh would never sanction that and when Charles ascends the throne I highly doubt he would sanction that either.
And really, do you possibly think that Prince Andrew would want to be saddled again with a woman who embarrasses herself and the BRF every time she opens her mouth?

IF Andrew and Sarah remarry-and at this point I doubt it...it will never, ever happen while the Duke of Edinburgh is still alive.

He loathes Sarah for cuckolding his son, really cannot abide her. And yes, I am sure that the air turned every shade of blue imaginable when he got wind of her latest scandal. :lol:

What for? He has companionship with Sarah if he wants it. Maybe if he was too lonley he might marry, but his life is stiill entwined with Sarah's. I dont' see it in the future.

I don't think his life is entwined with Sarah's so much, by choice.
I think he feels he has a duty to his children to "take care of" Sarah when needs be.

I think he should re-marry.

I don't think his life is entwined with Sarah's so much, by choice.
I think he feels he has a duty to his children to "take care of" Sarah when needs be.

I think he should re-marry.

But who would he marry? He really has only been with Sarah since the mid-80s with the occasional fling since the divorce but Sarah is still very much there and so it becomes impossible for him to really build a new relationship (or for her either for that matter)

But who would he marry? He really has only been with Sarah since the mid-80s with the occasional fling since the divorce but Sarah is still very much there and so it becomes impossible for him to really build a new relationship (or for her either for that matter)

Someone quiet, and who he loves and fits in with the royals.

Why does Andrew have to remarry anyone, though? I really don't get the sense that he's interested. In the last two or three years, when have we seen him out with any single woman who could be a date?

He doesn't have to marry anyone, unless he really wants to have son.
Personally I thin he should.

He hasn't had an occasional FLING. Angie Everhart was not a fling and neither was that one gal who works with Dubai. He saw her for over 2 years.
The fling is Goga. However I think that's more business than pleasure.

About three weeks ago I sat near Ms Everhart in restaurant in Beverly Hills and had the opportunity to observe her up close..she is attractive(not as attractive as in her photos) and she is very slim and VERY tall.

Be that as it may, given her "Hollywood" history and some of her relationships with men, she is as unsuitable as Sarah was to Royal life...I read in Point de Vue a while back that Albert of Monaco dumped her after she bragged in the press about how her flaming red hair and her "superior" intelligence made her a great match for him. :whistling:

Andrew dodged a bullet, IMO. Angie might be different from Sarah, but she is no better!

You can't be sure of that, Angie was never married to Andrew, she was never in the royal family and when you get put in "The Firm" you change.

Angie just had a child out of wedlock. I think she's nixed herself in this area.

She has had a child out of wedlock, but if she didn't, IMO I wouldn't rule her out. I read the spread she did in Hello! with her little boy and she talked heavily about Andrew, mainly cause that is all the journalist asked about. She does seems or read like a normal person.

You can't be sure of that, Angie was never married to Andrew, she was never in the royal family and when you get put in "The Firm" you change.

Not always. Sarah didn't change.

AE strikes me as simply a Professional Girlfriend type...one of those women who is famous for dating a series of high profile men.

I could be wrong, but I don't see her as "Royal" material...not in the least.

And unless Andrew suddenly decides he wants more children, I don't think he will ever marry again, because he doesn't seem to want to.

AE strikes me as simply a Professional Girlfriend type...one of those women who is famous for dating a series of high profile men.
Oh I like that description! Very good! *Russo inserts thumbs up here*

I think even if Fergie has no influence on Andrew's relationships now, it would be impossible for any new girlfriend not to have doubts, and question whether he is just settleing for second best with them.
It's beginning to seem as if he has exactly who he wants living with him. I think despite all that has happened, if he had his time back Sarah is still the woman he would marry and have children with. People have speculated down through the years about them giving their relationship a second chance, but did they ever really them themselves a chance at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom