A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We really don't hear much about Sarah's friends unless her friend is a man. Does anyone know who her friends are? It's easy to get the impression that, except for Andrew and the Norweigan man, she doesn't have any friends. :ermm:

Which suggests that either she doesn't have any friends or that she has absolutely great ones who don't talk about being her friend and thus keep her trust and friendship.

I hope that it's the latter. It would be sad to think that she doesn't have any friends.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
He'd have the same style marriages as Charles.

He could follow Charles path, or he could do as Princess Anne did and marry in the Church of Scotland up at Balmoral. Both are acceptable, although the Scottish solution seems easier and less messy.

That said, I am sure that if Andrew really wanted to remarry Sarah, he will get the consent of the Queen or Charles, whoever is on the throne.

About as much chance as a snowball in hell after recent events

I think the opposite is possible - to prevent further embarassment it would make sense to get her under control and that means being back in the family - I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this convinces Andrew that she needs the protection of being his wife and I suspect that his mother and brother might agree - they can vet what she does and who she sees far more easily from within the family than by having her as a loose cannon.

Until what happens? Andrew spends a lot of time overseas in Kazakhstan with Goga and Co. and Sarah feels alone by all his trips abroad and decides to rush into the arms of another?

About as much chance as a snowball in hell after recent events

And that was said about Charles marrying his mistress.
If he wants to do it, there are ways to get around things.

I wish it doesn't happen, i don't think it will.
She needs to be under control, but not the control of the BRF.

I think the opposite is possible - to prevent further embarassment it would make sense to get her under control and that means being back in the family - I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this convinces Andrew that she needs the protection of being his wife and I suspect that his mother and brother might agree - they can vet what she does and who she sees far more easily from within the family than by having her as a loose cannon.

I agree with your assessment, Iluvbertie. If they are a couple anyway - and it seems to many of us that they are - offering Sarah "the protection of being his wife" makes perfect sense to me. Such a situation would offer protection to both Sarah and the Royal Family.

I don't see them re-marrying.

Nobody is a greater supporter of the monarchy than I. Why on Coronation Day I was in Calcutta and had a Royal Cipher tattoo on my Leg. Still there today!
However I do not support the remarriage of Andrew and Sarah. She alone has destroyed a lot of support in the Commonwealth . Here in Canada not too many like her shenanigans, particularly the money scam she just embarked on.
I believe she should have lost her royal title at least for that fiasco.

Andrew should get on with his life and look for some one with class.

I don't believe Andrew should get back together with Sarah. I don't believe she really has the maturity to return to a marriage to someone who is still constantly on the road.

At the same time, I don't see Andrew remarrying until Sarah is out of his life for good. Why would any woman want to get involved with him knowing that his ex-wife is still such a huge part of his life? She's still living in the Royal Lodge with him and he's been reluctant to let her move out!

But Andrew is still in love with Sarah. No doubt about it.

...I believe she should have lost her royal title at least for that fiasco.
What royal title? She lost HRH when she divorced. She no longer has any royal title at all. Her name is the same as any other divorced wife of a peer, Sarah, Duchess or York with Duchess of York effectively being her surname. Just like Mrs Jane Smith can still be Jane Smith after divorcing Mr John Smith so Sarah can still use Duchess or York as a surname like any other divorced wife of a peer e.g. the different Countess Spencers and Diana, Princess of Wales.
But Andrew is still in love with Sarah. No doubt about it.
I agree totally. They have the best royal relationship - had the kids in the marriage so that the kids are in the line of succession and have the royal titles HRH Princess... and then they get on with their lives without her having to do the royal round of things that she didn't enjoy doing and the press always criticised her for doing anyway. They are both in love with each other, living together and effectively are a family in every way except for the ring on her finger.

I agree totally.

They are both in love with each other, living together and effectively are a family in every way except for the ring on her finger.

Well the saying goes "Love is blind" and it seems that adoration is blind too :ermm:.
Prince Andrew and the Palace are probably deep in conversation to assess the damage and what to do about it. I imagine they are thinking more of Andrew´s reputation and the girls´ future than love for Sarah.

Well the saying goes "Love is blind" and it seems that adoration is blind too :ermm:.
Prince Andrew and the Palace are probably deep in conversation to assess the damage and what to do about it. I imagine they are thinking more of Andrew´s reputation and the girls´ future than love for Sarah.
BINGO!
Sarah has evidently fled the country to "reassess" herself. I would bet a good bottle of Merlot that when she comes back she won't be saying "Andrew and I are getting back together."

To I luv bertie. Should not Sarah be Sarah York then,, just as William and Harry are surnamed Wales in the Armed Forces

To I luv bertie. Should not Sarah be Sarah York then,, just as William and Harry are surnamed Wales in the Armed Forces

No - she is the divorced wife of a peer and the form they take is First Name, former title as their divorced name e.g. Sarah, Duchess of York, Diana, Princess of Wales, Victoria, Countess Spencer. She is doing exactly what any other divorced wife of a peer can do - use her former style as a surname. Diana did the same thing when she became Diana, Princess of Wales after loosing the HRH, correctly, on getting her divorce. Both Diana and Sarah continued/continue to use the divorced form of their styles. This is the correct form, unless she wishes to revert to her maiden name. Her surname was never York. If she had a surname at marriage it was Mountbatten-Windsor (as the wife of a son of the Queen if she used a surname then that is what it would have been).

William and Harry are using 'Wales' but it isn't their surname. They are correctly William and Harry 'of Wales' just as Beatrice and Eugenie are 'of York' not just York. If they have a surname at all it is Mountbatten-Windsor but there are different interpretations of the LPs covering the descendents of Queen Elizabeth who have the HRH and what their surname is.

I wouldn't want Andrew and Sarah getting back together. I had no idea she was still living in the royal lodge! What Andrew needs is a woman who understands the position his family is in and the role he plays in it. Sarah has lost a lot of my support after the whole money fiasco. And I don't see them re-marrying each other.

On the bright side, Madeleine of Sweden is now available again, and she can relate to having an adulterous partner publicly betray you. It could be a bonding experience.

Sarah is like Kerry Katona in so many ways.

On the bright side, Madeleine of Sweden is now available again, and she can relate to having an adulterous partner publicly betray you. It could be a bonding experience.

Sarah is like Kerry Katona in so many ways.
Madeline is just a tad too young for PA, IMO.

Madeline is just a tad too young for PA, IMO.

Oh I completely agree.
I really don't want to see Andrew marry Sarah again, but I honestly do thing he should find a woman.

:previous:Think it would help "make the man" like it seems to have done for PoW??

I seriously doubt if he'll ever marry again. He's got his heirs, who needs it?

I seriously doubt if he'll ever marry again. He's got his heirs, who needs it?
I dated a man once who said he just wanted to wake up next to somebody in the morning. There's a reason.
Mr. Russo wanted a team player to be able to build a mini-empire. There's a reason.
Donald Trump seems to like the trophy wives. There's another. . . .

Though Duchess, are you of the Scarlett O'hara philosophy where when Rhett Butler suggested they get married "for fun" Scarlett said, "Fiddle-dee-dee! Fun for MEN you mean!"

Madeleine might be a tad too young. She's only about 7 years older than Beatrice? Besides, I really don't see her marrying anyone royal or a non-Swede.

Welll...look at King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. Two girls, one to become queen. Andrew is single...why not stay that way?

Welll...look at King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. Two girls, one to become queen. Andrew is single...why not stay that way?
Oh I agree, Russo wanted to be single for the rest of her life but that darned Mr. Russo swept her off her feet. Men! :bang:
Since I don't know PA personally, I cannot say which way he blows on the marriage issue. . .

Well, I am not going to deny that I was one of those people who wanted Sarah and Andrew to remarry.

I am afraid, however, that ship has officially passed (or at least I am now acknowledging it). I don't think Andrew will remarry, but I think after a while, if Sarah learns to act accordingly, I think they will continue to be friends/companions. And perhaps we might start to see them together more without the kids. I mean if Camilla can be rehabilitated from what people perceived (rightly or wrong) her to be, I don't see why Sarah can't. Unfortunately, she is going to have to get outside help for this, and it needs to be somone who can control Sarah. Because she is her own worst enemy.

I think Sarah is it for Andrew.

Wish there was a tongue-in-cheek emoticon, because that's what my suggestion about Pss Madeleine and Pr Andrew was :)

No, Sarah is well past her stale date as potential remarriage material; shopworn goods in all respects.

I'd like to see the Duke marry a woman in her forties who has had a successful career. I have no one in particular in mind, but I would envision someone who had been at the C-suite level of an international firm (perhaps foods?) who can provide genuine guidance on his role in international trade.

Not looking at another crop of heirs here: looking at a companion who can bring a smile to his face, and a measure of dignity to his personal life (so desperately lacking whenever Sarah is involved.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom