The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

Russophile, I either read the gossip that Sarah and Andrew were going to be remarried on Royalty.nu, or theroyalist.com. It was just in the last few days though.

I just went back to both of those forums, and did not see an article about a remarriage. I did see one on Royalty.nu about Sarahs daughters not wanting her to remarry. But it was not specifically about Andrew. I don't know where else I would have read it though. Maybe I will see it again somewhere.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

I read the same thing recently. It was more of an article talking about how Sarah is being welcomed back into the royal fold. There is apparantly some gossip of her being asked to Balmoral for Christmas. This is all, of course, completely unfounded talk though.

Updated with the link:

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...le_with_Fergie

Old 10-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I read the same thing recently. It was more of an article talking about how Sarah is being welcomed back into the royal fold. There is apparantly some gossip of her being asked to Balmoral for Christmas. This is all, of course, completely unfounded talk though.

Updated with the link:

Prince Andrew to reconcile with Fergie?
Wasn't she at Balmoral when the scandal with the financial advisor broke out and she was sent away the same morning??
Can you imagine being asked to go back and spend Christmas with the royals back there?? Every morning at breakfast, when the papers arrive, everyone will relive the same 1992 morning.....
Old 10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the link Kimebear. I was starting to think I had dreamed it.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Well, she's on the record as stating in an interview that she is The Duchess of York; this suggests to me that she hasn't moved on mentally and emotionally to being the divorced Sarah, Duchess of York or going back to Sarah Ferguson or Mrs. Sarah Ferguson Mountbatten-Windsor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Which makes me wonder, she was so possessive of Paddy What's-His-name in the past, does she still have some of those traits to cling to PA?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Majesty

It's amazing what people can forgive and (almost) forget when they really want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Wasn't she at Balmoral when the scandal with the financial advisor broke out and she was sent away the same morning??
Can you imagine being asked to go back and spend Christmas with the royals back there?? Every morning at breakfast, when the papers arrive, everyone will relive the same 1992 morning.....
Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Russophile, I either read the gossip that Sarah and Andrew were going to be remarried on Royalty.nu, or theroyalist.com. It was just in the last few days though.

I just went back to both of those forums, and did not see an article about a remarriage. I did see one on Royalty.nu about Sarahs daughters not wanting her to remarry. But it was not specifically about Andrew. I don't know where else I would have read it though. Maybe I will see it again somewhere.
Thanks for trying!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
It's amazing what people can forgive and (almost) forget when they really want to.
I never believed people forgive. I am amazed though when they forget......unless of course there are other more pressing issues so they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I never believed people forgive. I am amazed though when they forget......unless of course there are other more pressing issues so they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear!!!!!!!!
I am a great believer in the maxim that time wounds all heels. To forgive is easy, it is an act of will. Forgetting . . . . now that is another thing altogether.

No sensible person can forget a major hurt, it is after all, nature's way of teaching us. We learn by our mistakes, and more often than not we feel in some way responsible for what hurt us or what we allowed to hurt us. That is survival.

Fool me once? Shame on you.

Fool me twice? Shame on me.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I think there are some things that need to be made public. I hear Sky and Sam saying that he's not doing anything to warrant the civil list so I would think that expressing your passion to the people would help that out.
Mine aren't private. Anybody who knows me knows that being a cancer survivor I want to find a cure in my lifetime.
It would be nice if Prince Andrew were as vocal and passionate about a cause such as that.

(Well, if he were really vocal like me, they might get the little men in white to take him away.. . . )
Congratulations on your recovery from the big C - what a worth while cause. I personally donate to a number of cancer related charities, and a member of my family is very closely involved in providing after care and rehabilition for cancer patients, after recovering successfully from breast cancer herself.

That said, "professionally" Andrew's main occupation is as UK trade ambassador. He appears to be doing an okay job, though it is one of those roles where it is difficult to judge or meausre effectiveness. I remember reading sometime back that he had hired one of the consulting firms to carry out a review of his role, and how he could make it more effective. That will surely make it more effective. This is really the BRFs attempt at use its titles and associated glamour to try and help open doors for British business that might not otherwise open.

In terms of his personal passions, I really don't think this is something he really needs to make public. Do we really care or need another busy body telling the world how he wants to improve our lives?? That said, I can guess what his personal passions might be: young girls, holidays in the sun, golf, fast cars..... Is it for one to begrudge him these? I don't think so, but I am sure others will hold different views. Do I approve of his cavorting with the Eurotrash or with the Kazhakh oligarchs - absolutely not!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
'Tis strange, I agree. Sarah appears to want us to think that it isn't over between her and Andrew, but yet they couldn't stay married for any number of reasons. She's in a netherworld between being still married to Andrew and being a single, independent woman.
I think you have raised a very interesting point. My own view is that whilst she is close to Andrew, having been out in the widerness for all this tem, she quite likes to appear close Andrew, and perhaps, as time passes, is hoping to get closer than she is at the moment.

Perhaps the cynic in me is thinking that as they get to their 50s, and both are single, she is hoping that in time they might start to think about growing old together - without the complications of marriage and all that marriage would bring with it.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Majesty

And for his part, Andrew speaks in glowing terms of his ex-wife and is willing to appear with her in public. It's refreshing in a way to see a divorced couple still having this much affection for each other, but it's a puzzle. I dread the day that HM dies, but I wonder how much Andrew's role will be affected by his older brother's accession; and how will the change in Royal Family dynamics affect his relationship with Sarah? He'll still be the HRH The Duke of York and therefore a senior member of the House of Windsor, but he'll be somewhat displaced in public terms by the higher profiles of William and Harry. Those will be interesting times to watch, definitely. As a man growing into older middle age, perhaps a normalization of his relationship with Sarah wouldn't be such a "big deal" as it would be now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think you have raised a very interesting point. My own view is that whilst she is close to Andrew, having been out in the widerness for all this tem, she quite likes to appear close Andrew, and perhaps, as time passes, is hoping to get closer than she is at the moment.

Perhaps the cynic in me is thinking that as they get to their 50s, and both are single, she is hoping that in time they might start to think about growing old together - without the complications of marriage and all that marriage would bring with it.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Congratulations on your recovery from the big C - what a worth while cause.
Thank you! I got lucky with my cancer. Many other afflicted weren't so. It's such a devastating disease!
Quote:
That said, "professionally" Andrew's main occupation is as UK trade ambassador. He appears to be doing an okay job, though it is one of those roles where it is difficult to judge or meausre effectiveness. I remember reading sometime back that he had hired one of the consulting firms to carry out a review of his role, and how he could make it more effective. That will surely make it more effective. This is really the BRFs attempt at use its titles and associated glamour to try and help open doors for British business that might not otherwise open.
I remember that as well. Any word on the results? Or are they still testing?
Quote:
In terms of his personal passions, I really don't think this is something he really needs to make public. Do we really care or need another busy body telling the world how he wants to improve our lives??
Well I don't think you should tell people how they ought to live their lives, I think most are plain sick of me telling them to get off this drug or exercise or go organic, take your magnesium for your migraines instead of drugs and ix-nay on the pop, etc. I believe that you can be passionate about a cause and not a busy body. It's that fine line that needs to be tread, and I'm the first to admit I believe I cross it on more than one occasion. . . .
Quote:
That said, I can guess what his personal passions might be: young girls, holidays in the sun, golf, fast cars..... Is it for one to begrudge him these? I don't think so, but I am sure others will hold different views. Do I approve of his cavorting with the Eurotrash or with the Kazhakh oligarchs - absolutely not!
Hmmmm. I think I'll sit this comment out. . . .
Old 10-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
And for his part, Andrew speaks in glowing terms of his ex-wife and is willing to appear with her in public. It's refreshing in a way to see a divorced couple still having this much affection for each other, but it's a puzzle. I dread the day that HM dies, but I wonder how much Andrew's role will be affected by his older brother's accession; and how will the change in Royal Family dynamics affect his relationship with Sarah? He'll still be the HRH The Duke of York and therefore a senior member of the House of Windsor, but he'll be somewhat displaced in public terms by the higher profiles of William and Harry. Those will be interesting times to watch, definitely. As a man growing into older middle age, perhaps a normalization of his relationship with Sarah wouldn't be such a "big deal" as it would be now.
Sarah is lucky that PA is still so friendly towards her. I wish she wouldn't embarrass him by using his name every chance she gets
Old 10-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Majesty

Yes, I quite agree. Were I divorced, I think that my ex would be the LAST person I'd want to take about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Sarah is lucky that PA is still so friendly towards her. I wish she wouldn't embarrass him by using his name every chance she gets
Old 10-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Courtier

I think that Sarah and Andrew will not remarried but I am happy to know that their still on friendly terms with each other and both are raising their daughters together.As for a new wife I think Andrew enjoys his bachelorhood I can't picture another Duchess of York anytime soon.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Majesty

I can't imagine another Duchess of York in this generation, honestly. It's been over 10 years since the divorce, and we're still seeing Andrew and Sarah together on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star View Post
I think that Sarah and Andrew will not remarried but I am happy to know that their still on friendly terms with each other and both are raising their daughters together.As for a new wife I think Andrew enjoys his bachelorhood I can't picture another Duchess of York anytime soon.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I don't think he really has a NEED to remarry. He doesn't really need anybody to help him with his duties, he's procreated, so that's handled. He can party, if he so chooses, quite well on his own. Ergo, no reason to marry. . .
Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Majesty

'Marry Randy Andy? I'd rather make £50m,' says the model who turned down Prince Andrew as she earns a fortune from the credit crunch | Mail Online
Quote:
... The name Amanda Staveley has been on everyone's lips in the world of multi-billion corporate deals since she emerged as the central figure behind the £7 billion recapitalisation of Barclays bank by Abu Dhabi's royal Sheik Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the Qatari royal family. She also put together the Sheik's surprise purchase of Manchester City Football Club. ...
My personal favourite is as follows:
Quote:
Indeed, there could hardly have been a more mutually beneficial relationship than this one between the brilliantly connected but commercially gauche Prince and the beautiful deal-maker. Each has been able to open doors for the other.
No one who knows Amanda thinks she needed a royal leg-up to establish herself - though being Prince Andrew's girlfriend for two years was hardly a hindrance.
On balance, in the sometimes shadowy world of international deals and trade, it is the globe-trotting Prince Andrew who has benefited from the relationship because of Amanda's knowledge and contacts.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Courtier

Girlfriend for two years. Maybe there is someone else and we don't know about it.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage