The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 09-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
The fact she has not been in the company of a man for very long indicates either a personality problem or a health problem,imo.
I have to disagree with this, Pinkie40. Just because a woman isn't with a man (or seen with a man) doesn't mean she has problems. You yourself posted that Sarah has been busy creating a social life in the US and abroad. She seems to be very involved with her charities and businesses. She travels alot. She's completely devouted to her daughters. Maybe she hasn't found a man she feels interested in. Would you prefer she "settle" for a man she doesn't have feelings for just so she can be seen with a man? I'm sure she has to be very careful about the men she dates - like any celeb - and make sure they're not out to use her to better themselves. And, there's always the possibility that she is seeing someone or likes someone but isn't ready to reveal the relationsip to the public (though I admit that may be a bit niave on my part). But it's always the possibility. I think it's great that she seems to be enjoying a full and interesting life w/out a man and isn't some clingy sullen woman who doesn't feel complete w/out a man in her life.
__________________

__________________
  #242  
Old 09-22-2007, 10:39 AM
jcbcode99's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond Area, United States
Posts: 1,980
I agree that Sarah seems to have a full life, and that she seems to be rather happy. But, I don't think it is necessarily that Sarah can't find a man she is interested in, I think it is more of a concern to her that she would lose her title if she remarried. Also, the way she and Andrew have everything set up, the intact family unit--it would be awkward for the girls if one of them were to remarry right now. I don't think we'll see any type of serious relationships or remarriages until both girls are in college or married themselves.
__________________

__________________
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
  #243  
Old 09-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
I do agree with Bella and what jc said. What I am wondering is, however, how are things going to change when both girls are gone? Will the press start hounding Andrew calling for remarriage now that Charles has done so?? Could be interesting. . . .
__________________
  #244  
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 9
I'm not sure that Randy Andy is ready to leave his playboy lifestyle, he seem really enjoy be around by woman. I've heard that Andy and Sarah planed to re-married, but Sarah have to face her biggest enemy> Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh
__________________
  #245  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
The Duke is getting older.
Bella, sometimes I feel that way, though I am happily married. My husband is such a child! Sometimes I think Sarah has the best of both worlds!
__________________
  #246  
Old 12-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Georgina's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, United States
Posts: 8
If Andrew re-marries will, do you think the new wife will have to take a lesser title (because Sarah uses her title professionally) or will the new wife accept the Duchess of York title?
__________________
  #247  
Old 12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
selrahc4's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
If Andrew re-marries will, do you think the new wife will have to take a lesser title (because Sarah uses her title professionally) or will the new wife accept the Duchess of York title?
Sarah has no title. The form Name,Something of Something is the customary usage used by divorced wives of peers. The part following the comma isn't a title per se but used as a sort of surname.
__________________
aka Janet on some other forums
  #248  
Old 12-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Quinto's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Posts: 23
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattica28 View Post
If Charles and Camilla can marry...so Andrew and Fergie can re-marry! Its time to forgive and move on!
Does Prince Andrew have a say in any of it, or is it all a foregone conclusion and a general consensus of opinion by the prevailing public?

I don't think they should remarry at all. My reasons for saying so are personal.
__________________
  #249  
Old 01-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Lady-in-waiting25's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 13
Who really knows.... Andrew might take her back one day... you never know..LOL>
__________________
  #250  
Old 01-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,437
I think if it wasn't for the Duke of Edinburgh, Andrew and Sarah would have re-married years ago.

Nothing will convince me that they don't still love one another and any other partner will just be "settling" for both of them.

It's really a shame, they have a genuine love story.
__________________
  #251  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady-in-waiting25 View Post
Who really knows.... Andrew might take her back one day... you never know..LOL>
I'm thinking pigs will fly first.
Can you really ever trust somebody again when they have cheated on you like that? I'm not talking about one slip. (Which is stupid enough in and of itself!) But blatantly cheating, several partners? I know I wouldn't. My ex did and I am well rid of him!
__________________
  #252  
Old 01-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I'm thinking pigs will fly first.
Can you really ever trust somebody again when they have cheated on you like that? I'm not talking about one slip. (Which is stupid enough in and of itself!) But blatantly cheating, several partners? I know I wouldn't. My ex did and I am well rid of him!

I understand what you mean, but I also think people have the capacity to learn from their mistakes, and to grow and change.

Sarah is not the same flighty, confused, damaged young woman who married Andrew in 1986.

And Andrew was not faultless in that marriage, he was terribly lazy and weak and did not honor his marriage vow to protect and defend his wife. He seemed to almost leave her to the wolves at times.

But he seems to have grown up and learned from his mistakes too.
__________________
  #253  
Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 974
I think that the mistakes Andrew and Sarah made in their marriage were not particularly surprising given their age and personalities. Everyone has certain faults they can hopefully overcome somewhat with maturity. Andrew tends to be a bit of a pushover and takes people for granted. Sarah is very spontaneous, passionate and can demand too much of herself and others. I don't think these faults are impossible to overcome and I think both of them have matured in some ways.

I actually think with maturity, Andrew and Sarah could have a very good marriage, if they remarried. The fact that they've never really been able to totally separate from each other, and remain good friends, is a telling indication that they're a good match for each other. But I also think both haven't grown up as much as they need to. I suspect this because neither of them have managed to form an adult romantic relationship, with each other or anyone else, since their separation.
__________________
  #254  
Old 01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I think that the mistakes Andrew and Sarah made in their marriage were not particularly surprising given their age and personalities. Everyone has certain faults they can hopefully overcome somewhat with maturity. Andrew tends to be a bit of a pushover and takes people for granted. Sarah is very spontaneous, passionate and can demand too much of herself and others. I don't think these faults are impossible to overcome and I think both of them have matured in some ways.

I actually think with maturity, Andrew and Sarah could have a very good marriage, if they remarried. The fact that they've never really been able to totally separate from each other, and remain good friends, is a telling indication that they're a good match for each other. But I also think both haven't grown up as much as they need to. I suspect this because neither of them have managed to form an adult romantic relationship, with each other or anyone else, since their separation.
Excellent insight...I agree with every word. Let me add that when a divorced couple still vacations together and sends out joint Christmas cards YEARS after they've split, not to mention having photos of one another all over their respective homes-well that tells me that they have not really moved on and that they don't particularly want to!
__________________
  #255  
Old 01-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I understand what you mean, but I also think people have the capacity to learn from their mistakes, and to grow and change.

Sarah is not the same flighty, confused, damaged young woman who married Andrew in 1986.

And Andrew was not faultless in that marriage, he was terribly lazy and weak and did not honor his marriage vow to protect and defend his wife. He seemed to almost leave her to the wolves at times.

But he seems to have grown up and learned from his mistakes too.
Sarah didn't learn from her mistakes. She first had a very public fling w Steve Wyatt and then when everyone caught on to that and HE left the situation she had another very public thing w his buddy, John Bryan. She only stopped because she was caught, humiliated and divorced. I don't see any 'learning' in this situation.

And how was Andrew terribly lazy and weak? He was serving his country while his wife 'ho'd around. And who's to say he didn't protect and defend her? We don't know what was said among his family/friends. He was certainly the gentleman in that he never spoke out publically against his wife, when he easily could have jumped on that bandwagon as she was the most loathed and disrespected woman in Britain. He seemed pretty loyal to me by allowing her and their daughters to continue to live at his home after everything happened. I'm sure that didn't sit well w his family but he still kept his home open to Sarah.

If anything Andrew has shown exemplary good taste and behaviour in light of the many many many mishaps Sarah has stirred up. He should be commended not described as lazy and weak. Hello??? Where are you coming from?
__________________
  #256  
Old 01-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Sarah didn't learn from her mistakes. She first had a very public fling w Steve Wyatt and then when everyone caught on to that and HE left the situation she had another very public thing w his buddy, John Bryan. She only stopped because she was caught, humiliated and divorced. I don't see any 'learning' in this situation.

And how was Andrew terribly lazy and weak? He was serving his country while his wife 'ho'd around. And who's to say he didn't protect and defend her? We don't know what was said among his family/friends. He was certainly the gentleman in that he never spoke out publically against his wife, when he easily could have jumped on that bandwagon as she was the most loathed and disrespected woman in Britain. He seemed pretty loyal to me by allowing her and their daughters to continue to live at his home after everything happened. I'm sure that didn't sit well w his family but he still kept his home open to Sarah.

If anything Andrew has shown exemplary good taste and behaviour in light of the many many many mishaps Sarah has stirred up. He should be commended not described as lazy and weak. Hello??? Where are you coming from?
Hoo boy! You GO BELLA!!
Weren't they 30ish when they married? It's not like they were like Diana's 19 year old unformed psyche. . .
__________________
  #257  
Old 01-18-2008, 07:40 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
I think an Actress would work well with him. I mean he used to hang around Courtney Love...that world may hold a certain fascination for him...
__________________
  #258  
Old 01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Oh Z!!! Courtney Love is SKANKY!!!! He'd do better with somebody with more class, Elizabeth Hurley, per chance.
__________________
  #259  
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
I didn't mean Courtney! LOL...I just mean he did hang around her so, he seems to be down with the infamous peeps in Hollywood.

I can't think of any actresses who are age appropriate for him...maybe Cameron Diaz...she's single.
__________________
  #260  
Old 01-18-2008, 09:15 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,404
i don't think cameron diaz will please the Queen, wasn't she in some nude photos before she was famous??? I don't think somebody from hollywooed, but certnly they deserve to find love! may be he has it but nobody knows! the same for her
__________________

__________________
Ashelen
Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, prince andrew, remarriage


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Andrew Duke of York: Old News and Photos corazon The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 50 04-20-2014 11:34 PM
Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: November 2009 - June 2010 Zonk Current Events Archive 661 07-02-2011 11:10 PM
Prince Andrew, Duke of York: News and Pictures 3: May 2006 - March 2007 Warren Current Events Archive 198 03-10-2007 04:13 AM
Prince Andrew, Duke Of York: News and Pictures 2: May04 - May06 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 201 05-26-2006 08:40 AM
Prince Andrew, Duke Of York news and pics 1: February 2002 - May 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 56 05-29-2004 01:41 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]