The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Royal Highness

The below dress (posted in the Meghan wedding dress thread) I think would work quite well for Princess Eugenie. It has a lovely off the shoulder bodice and the layered fabric with delicate embroidery is very pretty. The dress is well structured with a full skirt, but it's a modern style:
https://www.theknot.com/fashion/mb40...-wedding-dress

Old 03-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Majesty

You know, I think you hit the nail on the head. Eugenie would look amazing in that dress but I think it may be a little too unadorned. Not that I think she needs a boatload of ruffles but the gown she wore for Harpers Bizarre really suits her in an amazing way. I love her in pink and if she had pink in her wedding gown it wouldn't surprise me.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hbz.h-cd...g?resize=768:*

Old 03-06-2018, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I think she will look lovely! I've always found her very pretty and sweet. She has had her own faux pas in the style department but I have a feeling that she will look wonderful and elegant on her wedding day.

Yes I think so too when she gets it right she looks beautiful
Let’s hope she gets it right this time
Old 03-06-2018, 12:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You know, I think you hit the nail on the head. Eugenie would look amazing in that dress but I think it may be a little too unadorned. Not that I think she needs a boatload of ruffles but the gown she wore for Harpers Bizarre really suits her in an amazing way. I love her in pink and if she had pink in her wedding gown it wouldn't surprise me.

She is stunning in that picture
Old 03-06-2018, 01:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
I am wondering, has any royal bride ever recycled a wedding dress?
No, not surprising. Veils yes are common to be handed down. Victoria used the lace from her wedding gown for the dresses she wore to the christening of all but her heir, and to the weddings of several kids. Her daughters all included the same pattern in the lace in their wedding dresses. Closest likely would be Madeleine who wore one of her mother's former gala gowns for her reception dress (it wasn't her ceremony gown, and it wasn't her mother's wedding dress)

Princess Madeleine of Sweden wears one of her mother's dresses to wedding reception

I agree with others who think Vivienne westwood would be a good choice for her. The evening gowns she has worn by Westwood have been flattering.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

Well, the Mary's Bridal Couture dress from The Knot could be enhanced with some added beading and a lovely embellished veil, an updo hairstyle, her mother's tiara, gorgeous earrings and necklace; perhaps also a bit of beading to enhance the dress, and beautiful flowers. Eugenie would look like a dream. She's a very pretty young lady.
Take a look at all the different views of the MBC dress from this link once again:
https://www.theknot.com/fashion/mb40...-wedding-dress
The back detail is quite good, with understated simplicity.

That pink gown with embellished flowers and bird on either side of the top of the dress is absolutely beautiful. That shade of pink definitely suits Eugenie's coloring. And of course, that's why Jack had the stone in the same blush pink shade set for Eugenie's engagement ring. If only Eugenie could find an expert and reliable stylist to guide all of her sartorial choices.

As far as her wedding dress, I think it should be white, with if anything colorful, only a faint hint of soft blush pink. She could carry a bouquet with both white and pink sprigs of the traditional myrtle always carried by British royal brides.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Eugenie has worn a couple of stunning dresses from Westwood.

LaRae
Old 03-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

https://www.viviennewestwood.com/en-...ections/bridal

I agree Westwood would be a great option for her. The dresses shown in the link would all flatter her. There would probably be a longer or bigger train, but the shape is there.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
As far as her wedding dress, I think it should be white, with if anything colorful, only a faint hint of soft blush pink. She could carry a bouquet with both white and pink sprigs of the traditional myrtle always carried by British royal brides.

Pink doesn't seem quite right for an autumn wedding.
I thought she should use a combination of ivory, bronze and copper.

Or else, very vibrant colors for the flowers.
Pink seems more suitable for spring.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Courtier

Something a little pinkish would go well with her ring but I see her more in a cream color. I really look forward to it. They seem like a really nice couple.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Yes when we are talking flowers and décor, pink would be far more suitable for spring. Deep, rich colors would suit fall much better. I do hope we see her embracing the fall color scheme and not going towards the white theme.

But a blush gown is slightly possible. But I think likely white/ivory.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Yes, I was responding to the poster who suggested that blush pink would look lovely on Eugenie for her dress. I wasn't thinking about the season, so right. I totally agree that for fall, a white, ivory or cream shade for a dress with deeper hues for flowers is more likely and apropos. But all royal brides carry sprigs of myrtle in their bouquets per tradition, so maybe deep pink or burgundy flowers with white myrtle or a combo of fall colors would look nice. It totally depends upon the bride's preference.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Yes, I was responding to the poster who suggested that blush pink would look lovely on Eugenie for her dress. I wasn't thinking about the season, so right. I totally agree that for fall, a white, ivory or cream shade for a dress with deeper hues for flowers is more likely and apropos. But all royal brides carry sprigs of myrtle in their bouquets per tradition, so maybe deep pink or burgundy flowers with white myrtle or a combo of fall colors would look nice. It totally depends upon the bride's preference.
Its custom to use white myrtle. The plant that Queen Victoria planted at Osborne, which the sprigs came from, was white myrtle. Even if Eugenie goes with a bouquet with stunning fall colors (I hope), I'd be shocked if she didn't keep to the custom of white myrtle.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

^^ Ah yes, white myrtle it will be then, with whatever else Eugenie happens to choose.

Good luck to Eugenie during this happy time in her life. She and Meghan surely will be sharing great expectations for their special days... and Meghan's will be here sooner than we think...
Old 03-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think Princess Eugenie might have White Roses of York embroidered on the train of her wedding dress?
Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

What do you think if sleeves were added to this Junoesque tulle dress?
Buy discount Junoesque Tulle Bateau Neckline Ball Gown Wedding Dress at Dressilyme.net
Old 03-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's pretty....not sure it's her style.

LaRae
Old 03-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Courtier

The Lazaro (first link) is perfection for Eugenie!
Old 03-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

More:

https://bridalsbylori.com/legends-ro...eveza-0130178/

https://bridalsbylori.com/matty-by-m...opher-0130360/

https://bridalsbylori.com/rivini-0129002/

https://bridalsbylori.com/matthew-christopher-0126499/

Closed Thread