A Wedding Dress for Princess Eugenie of York - Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding dresses designed by Vivienne Westwood are usually really nice though. Not everyone's taste, but they do tend to have a tight waist and a slightly fuller skirt. Very little use of lace or beading to make it a showstopper. It's all about the shape with VW.

Really? I've never seen her wedding designs so maybe I will check out her website. Thanks for the reassurance!:lol:

I just googled VW wedding dresses..whole page of them on pinterest....some of them are scary some of them are nice. A few I actually liked. So perhaps not as horrible as Erdem!

LaRae

TBF most of Eugenie's best evening looks have been Westwood so I'm not worried if they go for Westwood for the gown.

Evening dresses and wedding dresses are quite a different thing...just because they are good at one doesn't mean they are good at the other..

LaRae

Eugenie has worn a Westwood indigo taffeta dress in the past that was extremely flattering. I think VW would be an excellent choice.

Now, this is a long shot, but Eugenie might also be having VW design a wedding tiara for her. A real precious gem tiara, not a paste one. VW, who likes tiaras, would certainly be up to the challenge.

I doubt she is going to get a new tiara...most likely this will be the only time in her life to wear one and I would be rather surprised if she didn't wear her mother's York Tiara..afterall one or both of them will inherit it.

LaRae

I thought so too at first, Pranter, but then I reconsidered.

People close to her -- Jack's parents, or Prince Andrew or perhaps even the PoW or HM, might like to gift her a tiara in keeping with her style. It's also a good investment. A diamond Vivienne Westwood tiara will not lose value.

I just googled VW wedding dresses..whole page of them on pinterest....some of them are scary some of them are nice. A few I actually liked. So perhaps not as horrible as Erdem!

LaRae

The majority are 'what were you thinking' type dresses emphasized by the photoshoot. But I am sure she can design a dress that actually shows that a wedding is more than just a party to make some kind of weird statement.

The majority are 'what were you thinking' type dresses emphasized by the photoshoot.

Really?
Here are links to her wedding dresses and many of them are quite nice, imo.
https://www.onefabday.com/vivienne-westwood-wedding-dresses/
https://www.pinterest.com/followwestwood/bridal-vivienne-westwood/
https://www.viviennewestwood.com/en/collections/bridal/bridal---couture/
https://www.viviennewestwood.com/en/collections/bridal/bridal---made-to-order/

Maybe not all would work for a royal wedding, but hardly what I would call horrible dresses.
Anyway, Eugenie’s dress would be bespoke, so she can make any changes she wants.

I doubt she is going to get a new tiara...most likely this will be the only time in her life to wear one and I would be rather surprised if she didn't wear her mother's York Tiara..afterall one or both of them will inherit it.

LaRae

I doubt that this will be the only time she will wear a tiara.

In time she will be attending State Banquets - she and Beatrice already attended the CHOGM Dinner earlier this year.

There are only four adult royals who haven't attended a State Banquet yet - Harry, Meghan, Beatrice and Eugenie. State Banquets even see the Michael's of Kent in attendance and in time that will be the sort of engagement that Beatrice and Eugenie will be called upon to do ... and that means tiaras for both.

Really?
Here are links to her wedding dresses and many of them are quite nice, imo.
https://www.onefabday.com/vivienne-westwood-wedding-dresses/
https://www.pinterest.com/followwestwood/bridal-vivienne-westwood/
https://www.viviennewestwood.com/en/collections/bridal/bridal---couture/
https://www.viviennewestwood.com/en/collections/bridal/bridal---made-to-order/

Maybe not all would work for a royal wedding, but hardly what I would call horrible dresses.
Anyway, Eugenie’s dress would be bespoke, so she can make any changes she wants.
The dresses in the first link look better than the ones I found (which included your final two links and the following: her most recent bridal collection - although apparently not all are by Vivienne Westwood herself but made as part of her wedding collection.

Eugenie said in an interview that the designer is ‘British based’. This makes me think it’s not a Brit, but someone who lives and works in the UK. I’ve come up with these possibilities:
Erdem
Emilia Wickstead
Roland Mouret
Mary Katrantzou
Simone Rocha

Any others I’m missing?

Last edited:

In time she will be attending State Banquets - she and Beatrice already attended the CHOGM Dinner earlier this year.

There are only four adult royals who haven't attended a State Banquet yet - Harry, Meghan, Beatrice and Eugenie. State Banquets even see the Michael's of Kent in attendance and in time that will be the sort of engagement that Beatrice and Eugenie will be called upon to do ... and that means tiaras for both.

The Kents are working royals. At this point neither of the York girls are expected to be working royals. Neither of them have attended the sort of event where tiaras are typically worn...and they didn't wear them to CHOGM either.

LaRae

Wasn't Harry at the Spanish State Banquet?

Yes. He received an Order from King Felipe. He was also at the CHOGM dinner.

The Kents are working royals. At this point neither of the York girls are expected to be working royals. Neither of them have attended the sort of event where tiaras are typically worn...and they didn't wear them to CHOGM either.

LaRae

Prince and princess Michael of Kent are not working royals. But they often attend state banquets.

Prince and princess Michael of Kent are not working royals. But they often attend state banquets.

They feature on the royal engagement website and do engagements on behalf of HM. Therefore how are they not classed as working royals?

But, this is the wrong thread for that.

They feature on the royal engagement website and do engagements on behalf of HM. Therefore how are they not classed as working royals?

But, this is the wrong thread for that.

They actually don't do engagements on behalf of the Queen as their private engagements aren't listed in the CC. This is why they don't receive any money from the Queen through the Sovereign Grant. The only engagements they attend mentioned are those that they attend in another royal's company.

And yes, we are off topic so mods can move this to the appropriate thread if necessary.

LaRae

The Michael's of Kent are not working royals but they do attend State Banquets.

Up to the 6th September, 2018 Beatrice and Eugenie have each done 7 official engagements, Prince Michael has done 6 and Princess Michael 7 (using my figures).

That is why I think the York girls will attend State Banquets as they are the sort of events that are included in the Michael of Kent's engagements:

This year Prince Michael has been listed in the CC for the 1) Opening of CHOGM on the 19th April; 2) the Reception for VC and GC recipients on the 16th May; 3) Funeral for Patricia, Countess of Harewood (representing his sister Princess Alexandra) on the 18th May; 4) the Afternoon Party on the 5th June 5) Trooping the Colour on the 9th June; 6) Church Service for RAF on 11th July

This year Princess Michael has been listed in the CC for the 1) Opening of CHOGM on the 19th April; 2) the Dinner for CHOGM on the 19th April; 3) the Queen's Birthday Concert on the 21st April; 4) the Reception for VC and GC recipients on the 16th May; 5) the Afternoon Party on the 5th June; 6) Trooping the Colour on the 9th June 7) Church Service for RAF on 11th July

This year Princess Beatrice has been listed in the CC for the 1) fashion show on the 19th February (with Kate and Sophie); 2) the Dinner for CHOGM on the 19th April; 3) the Queen's Birthday Concert on the 21st April; 4) Chelsea Flower Show on the 21st May; 5) Reception for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards on 24th May; 6) Beating Retreat on the 7th June 7) Trooping the Colour on the 9th June

This year Princess Eugenie has been listed in the CC for the 1) Dinner for CHOGM on the 19th April; 2) the Queen's Birthday Concert on the 21st April; 3) the Reception for VC and GC recipients on the 16th May; 4) Reception for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards on 24th May; 5) the Afternoon Party on the 31st May; 6) Beating Retreat on the 7th June; 7) Trooping the Colour on the 9th June

When we look at the events that Beatrice and Eugenie have attended this year, many of them are the same events that Prince and/or Princess Michael of Kent have attended:

CHOGM dinner, Afternoon Party at BP, Reception for VC and GC recipients, Trooping the Colour.

Last edited:
My bad...I thought the Kents were working Royals (part time).

The York girls they are not wearing tiaras for any event so far....I really don't know why it's thought they are going to start wearing tiaras. However lets say they went to one of the very few tiara events and wore one...they have the York and their grandmother has a few in her vaults as well...they don't have a need to have a new one created for their wedding(s) etc.

LaRae

Bookmakers Paddy Power say they’ve suspended betting on Princess Eugenie wearing a Stella McCartney wedding dress tomorrow after a flurry of wagers

Stella seems a bit simple and conservative for Eugenie's usual style.

LaRae

The discussion about tiaras has been moved here.

Fingers STILL crossed for a Westwood masterpiece...

Fingers STILL crossed for a Westwood masterpiece...

Me too...or if she goes 'foreign' (I know not likely) the Italian that did that pink dress she wore in Harper's Bazaar.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom