The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

great news!!!!!! i cant wait for the baby's name!!!! maybe we can see her soon

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

me too. Royals went to see her?

Old 01-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Majesty

The only royal who has probably seen her would be Anne.

Even with George only his grandparents saw him in the first day and The Queen on the second day while the others didn't see him for some time as he was taken to Buckelbury (Harry who knows but I suspect the day he arrived home from hospital unless he was off somewhere serving in the army).

The Queen and Philip are a number of hours away on the other side of the country and given the security etc that would be needed to get them from Sandringham to Gloucestershire I doubt that they would make that drive. Maybe in a week or so Zara and Mike might take her to Sandringham but more likely they will see her in February when they return to London.

Charles is a possible visitor as he spends most weekends at Highgrove, when he is in England, which is also in Gloucestershire so he could go and visit if he is so inclined although given Anne's comment on the birth of his grandson and the future King ('it is nothing to do with me') maybe he won't bother going to see his sister's new grandchild either.

Andrew is currently overseas.

Edward and Sophie with their children are also more likely due to the enthusiasm that young children normally have for the birth of a new baby - so possibly they may go across over the weekend.

As for us seeing her - maybe at her baptism or when they do a spread as a new family for a magazine associated with one or other of Zara's sponsorships. She might make an appearance at the rugby if Zara takes her to one of Mike's games but she would probably be so rugged up that we don't see much of her at all anyway.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Courtier

Charles may possibly visit as his and Anne's estates are quite close and I've always thought he and Anne were close to each other, I remember seeing a picture of Zara greeting him with a big hug and kiss at the races once.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Charles is a possible visitor as he spends most weekends at Highgrove, when he is in England, which is also in Gloucestershire so he could go and visit if he is so inclined although given Anne's comment on the birth of his grandson and the future King ('it is nothing to do with me') maybe he won't bother going to see his sister's new grandchild either.
That quote from Anne was not meant to be mean or to imply she did not care about the birth of George. The reporter congratulated HER and she said the birth had nothing to do with her and she was correct. She is only the great-aunt, not the mother or grandmother. It's too bad people continue to bring it up.

At any rate, congratulations to Zara and Mike. It's nice to see that Zara had an easy birth since she apparently went home after only six or so hours. But that's the norm for mothers these days if the birth is uneventful. All the doctors want the mother to do is have a bowel movement and they can leave.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Commoner

Great News!!!! I loved an article about her being very active when she was pregnant.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Isla was born the night before a major church service at St George's chapel ....maybe the 10th anniversary of queen mothers death? Maybe Easter? And Peter and autumns absence was explained by the birth. Also, as they named her Isla Elizabeth in her jubilee year, I think it had more attention
You were correct on the first. Isla was born March 29, 2012 and the queen mother died March 30, 2002.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Still no news about her name?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We didn't even get George's name this quick after the birth. It's going to take a while.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought they announced George's name the very next day?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

IIRC George's name was announced on the 24th, two days after his birth.

William and Catherine must have pretty much decided on his name beforehand because it's pretty fast to announce a name two days after the birth unless you're absolutely sure on it.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Majesty

A better comparison with be Savannah - born on Wednesday and named leaked at Sandringham church service the following Sunday when the minister asked parishioners to pray for Peter, Autumn and Savannah Philips. Who knows when they intended on announcing the name if it hadn't been leaked.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

i guess they learnt after savannah, and the minister will not be praying for them this time :)
what about isla? when did her name get announced? i guess that will give us a good indication on when to expect it.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Majesty

Isla's was announced the next day or the day - but the day after she was born was the 10th anniversary of The Queen Mum's death in the Jubilee Year so there were reasons for announcing quite quickly.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is different to Peter and Autumn who are really private people with the occasional foray into key royal family events.

Zara and Mike are famous; they make their living through sport and sponsorship; Mike even tweets! I think the name will be announced, probably through twitter. That is what they would do regardless of the royal link

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Majesty

They are still part of the extended royal family so things need to go through royal channels. Twitter may be used or the family website - which is where the pregnancy and birth were announced.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Courtier

It wouldn't surprise me if Zara and Mike made the trek to Norfolk to visit her grandparents, especially if the naming has any personal significance to them (i.e after Phillips mother) to introduce them to the new baby. Perhaps the name would be released with a picture.

My take is Zara is incredibly respectful of her grandparents - but has no time to bother with other expectations of the RF (i.e. formal announcements).
Old 01-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Majesty

And yet the formal announcement of the pregnancy and birth were done via the RF which would suggest that she is very mindful of the expectations.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Courtier

I'm guessing they may announce the name and release a picture at the same time.
I think I read that their engagement picture was managed by their PR people/agents (which as sports-stars they obviously have). I think they will be released 'officially' through the RF website and press office but also on twitter etc as well.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 AM
Commoner

Welcome to the world little lady!