Zara Phillips Gives Birth to a Daughter: Mia Grace Tindall - January 17, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mia Grace - what a sweet name! I had assumed that they wouldn't choose a traditional royal name, so I was just hoping they wouldn't go for something too "out there", and they didn't. Mia is a nice name, and I adore the name Grace, and I think the two sound very nice together.

Lovely name! I wonder if her name is pronounced as My-a or Me-a?

I think it's usually pronounced Me-a.

I have a Mia in my family as well. Great name choice and I'm glad they thought outside the box with the baby's name.

Mia is a very un Royal sounding name but it fits them. No pump or circumstance.

Exactly. I think had they picked something more "royal", like Elizabeth, Alice, Philippa, etc., the child's ability to distance herself -- at least perceptually -- from the Royal Family would be difficult at best. With this "unroyal" name, it will definitely be easier for her to blend in and live her life as just another member of the general population.

Great name - Mia Grace ♫
I like it that they not use traditional British royal names,like Princess Anne and her brother :)

Great name - Mia Grace ♫
I like it that they not use traditional British royal names,like Princess Anne and her brother :)

Yes nor Zara's brother and sister-in-law, nor Zara's parents used traditional royal British names.

i also think it's a pretty name. simple and understated.
i wonder if they will pronounce mia as "maya" or "meea"...

I won't forget the name - my next door neighbour's dog is Mia and he is always getting into my back yard.

I don't care for the name, but congratulations to Mike and Zara for their new little addition.

I wonder if we'll get pictures?

i also think it's a pretty name. simple and understated.
i wonder if they will pronounce mia as "maya" or "meea"...

It's usually pronounced my-a. However it could be me-a depending on how Zara and Mike want it.

I won't forget the name - my next door neighbour's dog is Mia and he is always getting into my back yard.

Ouch. :whistling::ROFLMAO:

I've never heard it pronounced as anything other than Me-a.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

I've never heard it pronounced as anything other than Me-a.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

I work as a teacher and have had several My-a and Me-a! Guess it'll just depend on what Mike and Zara prefer.

Mia Grace Tindall is beautiful. Mia is so much better than Poppy (I had really dreaded that). Grace is such a filler when used as a middle name - just like Rose. I'm a little bummed out that they didn't use Philippa, but Mia is lovely nevertheless.

In regards to the pronunciation of Mia; Me-a Grace sounds better than My-a Grace (the names get mooshed together to My Agrace), so I'm hoping for the former.

Mia Grace? :lol: I bet E.L. James is amused.

Mia Grace is an absolutely beautiful choice. Congratulations to the happy family!

Interesting that ev1 is calling her Mia Grace - that's 2 names not one. Can't remember people writing George Alexander Louis lol.

I quite like the name. Mia, George and Maude at family events, Mia is the only one without an old person name.

Lot of joke guesses for Mara or Zike, Mia kind of fits the bill Mi for Michael, a for Zara.

Lovely name, now I just NEED a little pic !!!!

Previous post cut short; not long to wait now !!!

I like Mia Grace as a name. I know several people with little girls named Mia, either as given name or nickname for Amelia. Mia is pronounced as Mee-a.
Maya would be pronounced as My-a.

Its a cute name but I don't like Mia,Grace however I do like!

I think that Zara and mike picked a lovely name for their daughter! Mia and grace go nicely together as names. Cannot wait to see the pic that is expend to be released soon :)

The two names sound quite lovely together, but I will say that I'm a lot more partial to Grace than Mia.

Love the combination of the names, hope they will use both. Mia is a VERY trendy name, but Mia Grace brings it up

I love the name, it's adorable. Good choice.

However they pronounce it, "my grace" is such a fun spin on "your grace" that I do hope it was intended. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom