Zara Phillips: Discussion Regarding her Career and Sponsorships

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
A thread to discuss Zara Phillip's career as well as her sponsorships.

Last edited:
Zara Phillips: Discussion regarding her Career and Sponsorships

There is no restriction on the royals selling their photos etc to the media. Sarah and Andrew did in the 80s and others have done so since.

Zara is sponsored because of her equestrian talents not because she is related to The Queen.

Peter and Zara aren't royal because of the 1917 Letters Patent of George V. Under those LPs only the children of sons of the monarch are HRHs while the children of daughters are not entitled to any titles unless their father has them. Anne would have needed one of three things - a title in her own right, Mark to have a title or for the Queen to give titles to the children. None of those was going to happen in the 1970s. Even George VI had to issue new LPs so that Charles was born as HRH Prince Charles of Edinburgh rather than as Lord Charles Mountbatten, Earl of Merioneth as The Queen was only the daughter of a monarch.

There is an article in the Daily Mail that mentions Zara being able to have sponsorships. Yes, I know they are due to her equestrian talents.

"Yet Zara, 34, who has inherited her mother the Princess Royal’s rather imperious independence, has pressed ahead with any number of lucrative deals and is seen by envious fellow royals as being well on the way to being wealthy in her own right.
In particular, Prince Andrew’s daughters, princesses Beatrice and Eugenie — who are Zara’s first cousins — have watched her commercial prominence and rising wealth knowing that, for them, this is forbidden territory.
‘They see Zara as the royal cousin with real privilege, not themselves,’ says a friend of Beatrice. They would probably not think this if they weren’t forced to live hybrid lives as Royal Highnesses who are seldom actually invited to do anything royal.
Perhaps this less-than-satisfactory state of affairs explains the endless holidays Beatrice is always taking."

Read more: Zara Phillips launches jewellery range as cousins envy her millions | Daily Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm not so sure.
Have other members of Britain's equestrian team received the same numerous sponsorships?

Maybe, but I'm betting not to the same extent that Zara has.
Why is that, if not because she is related to the Queen?

For a comparison, the list of sponsors of William Fox-Pitt, one of Zara's rivals/teammates:
Sponsors » Home
Zara is a worldclass competitor in a large sport, and nobody is letting her win because she happens to have a queen for a granny

I had a feeling that it was implied that Zara got her sponsorships because of her royal connections, to that i don't agree because an athlete does not become world champion because of who they are related to, If i misunderstood, i apologize..

But ofcourse any positive association helps to bring in extra sponsors; but that applies to everybody who has famous relatives...

Back
Top Bottom