Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke of Duchess of Cambridge steal the show at Zara Phillips's wedding party - Telegraph

The Telegraph also is leading with William and Kate - 'stealing the show'.

See, this is what I mean about titling an article in such a way as to generate "hits".

The title of the article implies that Kate and William actively did something to steal attention from Zara and Mike. They did nothing of the kind. All they did was show up to a party they were invited to.

However, if one is just looking around on the internet and you see the link above, some might click on it hoping for "scandal". And then you read the article and there is no "stealing the show". The Telegraph is just using William and Kate to generate hits so they can charge more for advertising on their website.:bang:

Again, I feel sorry for Zara, William, and Catherine.

I apologize that this is off-topic.

See, this is what I mean about titling an article in such a way as to generate "hits".

The title of the article implies that Kate and William actively did something to steal attention from Zara and Mike. They did nothing of the kind. All they did was show up to a party they were invited to.

However, if one is just looking around on the internet and you see the link above, some might click on it hoping for "scandal". And then you read the article and there is no "stealing the show". The Telegraph is just using William and Kate to generate hits so they can charge more for advertising on their website.:bang:

Again, I feel sorry for Zara, William, and Catherine.

I apologize that this is off-topic.

Of course it is all about advertising but a lot of people only read/buy things because of the headlines so Kate will get the coverage because she sells.

That is so sad for Zara on her day.

Zara is the Queen's eldest granddaughter and even so still won't be the main focus of a lot of the press coverage of her own wedding but it will go to her cousin's wife.

I think at the end of the day, while Kate sells papers and will no doubt share the headlines during and after the wedding....the family (which is pretty much all that counts for this wedding) will focus on Zara. They know its her wedding day and she will get the coverage, love and attention from them as a beloved daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, friend, etc that she deserves.

I think at the end of the day, while Kate sells papers and will no doubt share the headlines during and after the wedding....the family (which is pretty much all that counts for this wedding) will focus on Zara. They know its her wedding day and she will get the coverage, love and attention from them as a beloved daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, friend, etc that she deserves.

I know you are right Zonk. I was just feeling guilty as my main reason for joining TRF and becoming obsessed with royalty was due to William and Catherine. I only vaguely knew of Zara's existence before the W & C's wedding.

I only started looking into Zara because of her connections to William and Catherine and the possibility of seeing pictures of them at Zara's wedding. I feel like such a tool.:sick:

Now I'm interested in Zara and Mike and their lives so I guess that's something.

:devil: With all the Catherine attention I would have expected her to have been wearing something drop-dead gorgeous instead of that truly ugly DVF green sack!!! :ROFLMAO:

Now if she turns up at the wedding tossing her freshly waved trademark locks, then I'll be peeved! :p

princess gertrude said:
Zara looked good, her legs looked great. The only negative that I could find was the tan lines on her shoulder. And that's pretty picky I know, but it drives me nuts on anyone. Her hair looked great pulled back and the color/highlights in her hair are wonderful. She looks very pretty and feminine.

I prefer it! It means she's not hitting the tanning beds, which is so unhealthy and ugly. Her strap marks were subtle enough that I think they're probably from some good outdoor sport, not from laying around damaging her skin.

And agreed that her hair looks great!

The world and the press may focus on Kate but I have no doubt that the family will focus on Zara. It is after all her day (and Mike's too!).

Yep! And that's as it should be! I'll be focused on Kate (who will likely repeat an outfit on purpose), but I doubt Zara cares. She cares about her family and friends, including Kate, who will all be focused on her. I hope she (and Mike) has a dream day! :)

Even the headline in the DM is about Kate - Zara and Mike are more an afterthought - so sad. This is the headline on the page although the link is still the earlier one about the rehearsal.

All aboard! Kate joins the party on the Royal Yacht Britannia on the eve of another big wedding... as Zara and Mike enjoy one last kiss

Read more: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall met by cheering crowds as arrive for rehearsal ahead of tomorrow's royal wedding | Mail Online

Since it concerns people, Zara is on the front page of most major UK papers today and not Kate. W&K have been mostly holed up in Wales for the past few weeks. They're keeping a low profile at this wedding. I don't understand the animosity. Zara will have a lovely day in spite of any and all media coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it concerns people, Zara is on the front page of most major UK papers today and not Kate. W&K have been mostly holed up in Wales for the past few weeks. They're keeping a low profile at this wedding. I don't understand the animosity. Zara will have a lovely day in spite of any and all media coverage.

I completely agree with this post, especially the part in bold above.

Yep! And that's as it should be! I'll be focused on Kate (who will likely repeat an outfit on purpose), but I doubt Zara cares. She cares about her family and friends, including Kate, who will all be focused on her. I hope she (and Mike) has a dream day! :)

I am pleased to hear that Zara is on the front pages - as she should be at this time.

The animosity, such as it is from my point of view, is due to the fact that the online press seem to be focussing, at least in their headlines, on William and Kate and not on the stars of this show - Zara and Mike.

It's not animosity against Catherine but rather frustration, irritation and downright anger about the media not focusing on Zara when we want to know what its happening and against the media trying to create a nice spicey little earner called "Zara loathes the Upstart" or some equally nauseating ongoing "filler".

For anyone interested in Mike and his interests I wouldn't be surprised if both he and his best man are currently watching TV - specifically the rugby test from Wellington NZ where NZ is playing SA. These two nations are two of the powerhouses for Rugby and with the World Cup only about a month away I am sure that all the elite teams will be watching this game at the moment - as am I by the way and the All Blacks (NZ) have just scored their first try.

Don't worry about time to get ready - it is only 8.50 am in Edinburgh and the game will finish by about 10.00 am - maybe Zara mightn't be watching it but even that isn't beyond the realms of possibility (my sister-in-law had the cricket on all day on the day she married - no wedding was going to interfere with watching the second day of an Ashes test - she called it 'priorities' - they had set the wedding time for 5.00 p.m. just so they could see most of it - while typing this the All Blacks have scored again).

What time does the ceremony, the trace will start and a chance to live here?

The time of the ceremony hasn't been released, but apparantly HM is arriving in Scotland at midday, so sometime after that.

What time does the ceremony, the trace will start and a chance to live here?

There is no coverage of the wedding - some of the arrival and the departure from the church but that is all.

As we don't actually know the time of the wedding what time we might start to get some sort of footage of people arriving - if we do - will be anyone's guess.

The time of the ceremony hasn't been released.

According to the locals, it's 3pm.

HM and Phil only have to roll down North Bridge and straight down the Canongate...

The BBC also demonstrated outside the church before the marriage will be less. Both sides had a simple and beautiful flowers. And security officials only.

Just out of curiosity: assuming Zara will wear a tiara today, did she had one on before in any event?

Princess Anne wore the crown of their signed marriage contract is perhaps preferable.
Quite simply, a very tiny tail, expect a wedding dress with lace veil.

I think Catherine wore the same outfit on purpose...in order to try and not upstage the bride. I'm surprised the media wasn't complaining, what this again?? She can't control what they say but she can try to deflate them a little.

MM

Does anyone know if Zara's father, Mark Phillips will be attending? I haven't seen or read anything about him being present. It would be a bit strange if the bride's father wasn't there. Not sure but the groom's nose looks like something has been done to it (a small operation perhaps?) or am I imagining this?

Too bad we cannot see the wedding but I understand very well why. BTW (and OT, sorry), did Zara and Peter ever have the option to receive a title should they wish so? I'm only asking since I'm guessing many people might at some point (as a teenager maybe) feel angry about their mother and cousins and everyone around having titles and knowing your mother, the Princess Royal having decided you would get none. I hope you do understand that I'm not saying this because I would feel titles are necessary, I was just wondering.

Hmm, should we be calling Charles and Camilla Duke and Duchess of Rothesay now that they're in Scotland? And naturally, William and Catherine are now titled Duke and Countess of Strathearn, am I right?

Last edited:
Hmm, should we be calling Charles and Camilla Duke and Duchess of Rothesay now that they're in Scotland? And naturally, William and Catherine are now titled Duke and Countess of Strathearn, am I right?

Charles and Camilla do use the Rothesay title whilst in Scotland. William is NOT the Duke of Strathearn. He will still go Duke of Cambridge.

At Sky News they probably will show later some details and guests arriving,though not live broadcast

Charles and Camilla do use the Rothesay title whilst in Scotland. William is NOT the Duke of Strathearn. He will still go Duke of Cambridge.

Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake. I meant to write 'Earl' not 'Duke'. I do realize they probably go as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but technically they could use their Scottish title, right?

It is only Charles that really uses his Scottish title, because it is the title of the heir to the Scottish throne. Other royals may use their lesser titles if they are making an official visit to that particular area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom