Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe July 30 is almost here already - when they announced the date it seemed so far away! Like most people, I think it would be awesome if she wore the Diamond Fringe tiara to keep tradition, though I don't think that piece is really her style. A fixed-up Strathmore Rose tiara would be nice too.

I'm terrible at trying to picture what a bride could look like on their wedding day, so I'm hoping we get a few photos. I'm sure Zara, Mike, and the family will look great though!

10-15 minutes of wedding stuff on the BBC. Even a little interview with Peter. Already people lining up on the streets, apparently the church was booked for another womans wedding but she was asked to move it for Zara.

Zara and Mike are on the Royal Brittania currently. Apparently, carriages are expected for the guests at midnight tonight.

I don't understand why everyone here appears to be so pessimistic about getting photos from the wedding? Of course there will be photos, and not from paparazzi, but from regular news photographers assigned to the job by the news agencies they work for... which is perfectly normal.
Link to the daylife gallery from the wedding rehearsal:
zara phillips wedding rehearsal - News, photos, topics, and quotes

10-15 minutes of wedding stuff on the BBC. Even a little interview with Peter. Already people lining up on the streets, apparently the church was booked for another womans wedding but she was asked to move it for Zara.

Zara and Mike are on the Royal Brittania currently. Apparently, carriages are expected for the guests at midnight tonight.

Was the other woman asked to book another day, or book an earlier/later wedding tomorrow? I could see the other woman being asked to do that and being allowed to use the same floral arrangements/decorations.

Apparently she chose to book in another church on a different day.

I love the colour of Catherine's dress. I think I spot Edward and Sophie climbing stairs after William and Catherine. Could spot Ed's bald patch anywhere!

I am not loving the colours of Zara's dress, but I like the style.

I was wondering if another thread, perhaps a "pre wedding events thread" should be created? Make things easier?

I would not be at all surprised if Zara does not wear tiara at all.

I love the colour of Catherine's dress. I think I spot Edward and Sophie climbing stairs after William and Catherine. Could spot Ed's bald patch anywhere!

I am not loving the colours of Zara's dress, but I like the style.

Zara, I think, looks cute. The shoes and clutch don't go well, but what the heck. It's a cute dress.

Soon, we will have to look closely to tell William and Edward apart (noggin-wise). William looks pretty much tonsured.

I love that she's doing her wedding in Scotland since very little BRF members do their wedding their(exept Anne in her 2nd marriage).People forget that the Queen rules Scotland!

Zara looked good, her legs looked great. The only negative that I could find was the tan lines on her shoulder. And that's pretty picky I know, but it drives me nuts on anyone. Her hair looked great pulled back and the color/highlights in her hair are wonderful. She looks very pretty and feminine.

I am surprised. It truly was a very informal party, almost looked like a business conference cocktail party, with the exception of a very few people with a bare shoulder here and there.

I have just seen a snippet on one of our news bulletins here of the guests arriving for the Britannia pre-wedding event - well they showed the back of William and Kate arriving but no one else - not even the bride and groom.

They did show only Zara and Mike arriving at the church for their wedding rehearsal and snippets back to William and Kate's wedding - to show what want be seen this time.

Total coverage about 30 seconds and about 15 on each couple although there was about 2 seconds of the Queen and DoE at William's wedding.

Hopefully there will be more of the wedding couple over the next day or so.

Well, we knew that would happen...and it will continue to happen. W & K are already overexposed. I can't wait for them to hole up in Anglesey.

:heartflower:I do wish a splendid and over-the-top fun day for :heartflower:
:twohearts: Zara and Mike!!! :twohearts:

Last edited:
Well, we knew that would happen...and it will continue to happen. W & K are already overexposed. I can't wait for them to hole up in Anglesey.

:heartflower:I do wish a splendid and over-the-top fun day for :heartflower:
:twohearts: Zara and Mike!!! :twohearts:

Not going to happen with regard to W and K

I too hope Zara and Mike have a great day - and just as they want it to be - before going to their own sporting training on Monday (when Mike has to be back in training camp for the World Cup ahead of the test next Saturday).

:previous:
You're so right, Pandora's box re: W & C has already been opened and no chance of closing it.

I predict Zara's wedding to get a bit more coverage then it may have org. solely based on the Catherine pics....photo agencies love them .....

Kinda sad that Kate will get more news than Zara on her wedding day.They will report on the wedding but,mostly on Kate.

Well I'm kinda disappointed that BBC America (tv channel) won't have any coverage of Zara's wedding....does anyone know if any channels in the US will cover any of it?

MM

Even the headline in the DM is about Kate - Zara and Mike are more an afterthought - so sad. This is the headline on the page although the link is still the earlier one about the rehearsal.

All aboard! Kate joins the party on the Royal Yacht Britannia on the eve of another big wedding... as Zara and Mike enjoy one last kiss

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ad-tomorrows-royal-wedding.html#ixzz1TXlhg7VY

Zara, I think, looks cute. The shoes and clutch don't go well, but what the heck. It's a cute dress.

Soon, we will have to look closely to tell William and Edward apart (noggin-wise). William looks pretty much tonsured.

I like the dress... do not like the tan lines. They kind of ruin it IMHO.

Off topic, I love reading your posts! I learn so many new words. First palaver (don't remember which thread) and now tonsured! Brilliant!!

Even the headline in the DM is about Kate - Zara and Mike are more an afterthought - so sad. This is the headline on the page although the link is still the earlier one about the rehearsal.

All aboard! Kate joins the party on the Royal Yacht Britannia on the eve of another big wedding... as Zara and Mike enjoy one last kiss

Read more: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall met by cheering crowds as arrive for rehearsal ahead of tomorrow's royal wedding | Mail Online

Didn't this article start out today with a headline about Zara, Mike and the rehearsal?

I think that the "press" is only concerned with "hits/clicks" on the article. Whatever title they think will attract more people to "click" on that article is the one they will use. Maybe they felt they weren't getting enough hits so they shoved Kate in the title hoping to get more readers? Stupid, I know, but there you go. I feel bad for both Zara and Kate.

I hope Zara and Mike and their families have a great day tomorrow!

I hope it's a great day. I'm sure Zara will get the attention on her day there will of course be mentions of Kate as she was the last bride and it was such a big event. I like Zara's hair but not the tan lines and the dress was a ok but not great for going down steps gracefully! I hope they all enjoy themselves.

Didn't this article start out today with a headline about Zara, Mike and the rehearsal?
I think you are right. Earlier I saw the article on the DM sidebar with a headline/picture of Mike and Zara but the updated version changed the headline and added large pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as the first thing in the article. At first I thought it was just for the Daily Mail's Femail section, but now it's on the front page on the site.

I feel like a hypocrite for beating this dead horse. Complaining about the Kate coverage serves to perpetuate the "issue". The media is the one spinning the tale exactly as they want it using their words and pictures - it provokes a reaction and creates a feeling (mission accomplished it seems).

Well I'm kinda disappointed that BBC America (tv channel) won't have any coverage of Zara's wedding....does anyone know if any channels in the US will cover any of it?

MM

There is no coverage for anyone.

All that will be seen will be some news clips of arrivals at and departures from the church.

I bet Will and Kate are a little jealous that their wedding ceramony will be private!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom