Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting looking church. She has such a different style (and fiancé) than Miss Middleton.

How nice would it be if we get a glimpse of little Savannah? That would make the occasion even better.

Is it normal to take a six month old baby to a wedding? She will probably spend the day in the nursery at Holyrood Palace and not know anything about it.

I have high hopes and interest in what Zara will wear. Love that she always has that little devilishness to her smile, seems to be quite full of life! :devil: :heart:

Is it normal to take a six month old baby to a wedding? She will probably spend the day in the nursery at Holyrood Palace and not know anything about it.

It depends, I have been to weddings with children present, and weddings where they were not invited. Sometimes a guest is rude enough to bring a child to the wedding when they have been asked not to. I had my 1st (step)cousin bring her 5 month old to our black tie evening (7:30 ceremony) wedding even though she and her mother had been instructed on 3 different occasions that we were not having kids there.

Let's hope to see little Savannah ! It would be the icing on the cake for me !

I hope they have a nice red carpet leading from the street to the church, I'm more excited about this than St. George's Chapel because it's not so private which means more pictures for us. You know someone should tell Zara since her brother had the whole hello magazine controversy she should have the wedding broadcasted on BBC to make up for it! ;) Just kidding, I hope Zara and Mike have a nice and private wedding which seems like what they want. :)

Let's hope to see little Savannah ! It would be the icing on the cake for me !

I suspect the baby will be left at Holyroodhouse, in the care of her nanny.

In Edinburgh, wow! :ohmy: Is July 30 a weekday or a Saturday/Sunday, does anyone know??

Have their been any rumors about who their attendants will be?
(Maybe Lady Louise and Margarita will be doing double duty as bridesmaids this year!)

Mike Tindall contemplates postponing his honeymoon... so he doesn't miss a rugby game | Mail Online

Mike availabe to play a rugby match a week after the wedding (which isn't a surprise to me if he really wants to make the World Cup squad for September/October he can't be missing the lead up games and training).

I think the honeymoon was always going to be postponed to after the World Cup.

I also think that couple who have been living together for xxxx number of years don't need a honeymoon really as they alreay have done that stuff.

ICAM with Iluvbertie!:lol:

Traditionally the purpose of a honeymoon was to give a newly married couple adjustment time in private to get away alone and get used to living together as man and wife.

Now, it is simply a time for the bride and groom to go away on vacation after the wedding, which is just fine too.

I wish them well, because I don't want to see any more messy divorces in the BRF for a loong time. But I simply cannot get excited about THIS particular "Royal" couple at all.

Last edited:
After all they have been living together for years now so it isn't important

I wish Zara and Mike all the happiness in the world. I also, hope that they get just the kind of wedding they want.

Have their been any rumors about who their attendants will be?
(Maybe Lady Louise and Margarita will be doing double duty as bridesmaids this year!)

This wedding appears to be private and low key...so I dont anticipate hearing about the attendants are until we get closer to the date.

I would think that Louise and Margarita might do double duty as well.
Maybe Zara's half sister as well...wasn't she an attendant at Peter's wedding?

Last edited:
I am sure that Zara's half-sister will be included as she is Zara's family even if she isn't royal, and she is a closer relative than either Louise or Margueritte.

I would like to see one of the York princesses involved as they have missed out on being involved with William's due to being 'too old' I gather. As Zara doesn't have a sister in her 20s the cousins are possibilities - but I am not holding my breath on that one.

I would like to see one of the York princesses involved as they have missed out on being involved with William's due to being 'too old' I gather. As Zara doesn't have a sister in her 20s the cousins are possibilities - but I am not holding my breath on that one.

Whenever I think there's not much difference between the U.K. and the U.S., something like this turns up to prove me wrong.
"Too old"?
Here the wedding attendants are usually of an age with the bridal couple.

(I see comments about how Pippa Middleton, for example, was a surprising choice for Kate's maid of honor; here, it would be considered surprising if she wasn't chosen!)

Well, perhaps Zara will feel differently, and prefer to have older attendants. Though, she seems the type to have only one, so we'll see. :)

I notice you referred to "wedding attendants" rather than "bridesmaids". Most modern women do not qualify as "maids". I was married in England and had no one older than 13 in my wedding party. There was no "matron" of honor.

I realize times change.

Mike Tindall's best man will have 'smutty' speech vetted by Buckingham Palace - Telegraph

Although it will inevitably be something of an anticlimax after Prince William’s marriage to Kate Middleton, courtiers at Buckingham Palace are already concerning themselves with the second royal wedding of the year.

Crucially, they want to ensure that when Zara Phillips, the Princess Royal’s daughter, marries the England rugby star Mike Tindall, there is no chance that the occasion could degenerate into a rowdy, alcohol and testosterone-fuelled locker room gathering.

Zara Phillips: Now Zara's big brother gets a slice of her big day | Mail Online

The palace probably won't have to worry too much about the speech not - Peter to be the best man and other information included in this article.
But can a married man be a best man?

And as for maid of honor: why not Gabriella Windsor? Do they have close contact?
"Next in line" candidates are: Princess Beatrice of York and Lady Marina Windsor.
Stephanie Phillips: I think not; Doesn't a maid of honor have to be of age? (at least 18)
And bridesmaids: I think there will be only friends' daughters (like during the wedding of Peter and Autumn), maybe some goddaughter of Zara (if she has any)

But can a married man be a best man?

And as for maid of honor: why not Gabriella Windsor? Do they have close contact?
"Next in line" candidates are: Princess Beatrice of York and Lady Marina Windsor.
Stephanie Phillips: I think not; Doesn't a maid of honor have to be of age? (at least 18)
And bridesmaids: I think there will be only friends' daughters (like during the wedding of Peter and Autumn), maybe some goddaughter of Zara (if she has any)

Of course a best man can be a married man - and frequently married men are best men to their brothers etc.

Not knowing how close Zara is to her blood relatives I have no idea but I wouldn't be at all surprised if she goes with a friend rather than a royal in the role of 'Maid/Matron of Honour'
You don't have to be of age - it is her wedding and who she wants as attendents will be her choice - she mightn't have a 'maid of honour' at all - her mother didn't. Anne only had Edward and Sarah Armstrong-Jones as her attendents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom