The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I asked because in earlier times a bridesmaid and a best man had to be unmarried; there was even a superstition "three times a bridesmaid, never a bride" (the same referred to men, I suppose)

Old 05-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone give me an update on the date and wedding location? :)

Also, will she have a "royal" wedding? Just wondering if she'll wear a tiara and all that.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

30 July, Canongate Kirk, Edinburgh.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Can someone give me an update on the date and wedding location? :)

Also, will she have a "royal" wedding? Just wondering if she'll wear a tiara and all that.

She may wear a tiara - the one her mother and grandmother wore on their wedding days is possible.

Will we see much - not really - arrival and leaving but not the service itself I suspect.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Possible tiaras I'd wager on:
1. The Fringe tiara that was worn by Zara's mother and grandmother on their wedding days (following a family tradition)
2. The Greek Meander tiara that belonged to Prince Phillip's mother (honoring the other side of the family)
3. Princess Anne's Festoon tiara (same one worn by Autumn Phillips?)
4. Princess Anne's Aquamarine tiara (something blue)
5. Queen Mary's 'Girls of Great Britian and Ireland' Tiara (following a tradition of passing it down from grandmother to granddaughter)

Right now I'm leaning towards #1 or #2, with #5 as the long shot. But QEII could also pull something out of the vaults and surprise us all, like she did with Sophie Wessex and Catherine Middleton.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'll be surprised if Zara does the tiara thing, it would be lovely to see her in one but I don't think she'll wear one.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Royal Wedding: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall set wedding date - hellomagazine.com

How sweet they already start a counter for Zaras wedding
thanks for details
Canongate Kirk - The Kirk of Holyroodhouse and Edinburgh Castle
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'll be surprised if Zara does the tiara thing, it would be lovely to see her in one but I don't think she'll wear one.

Maybe she'll opt for a wedding hat?

That's a growing trend, and seems to fit her style (I loved the hat she wore for William and Catherine's wedding).
Old 05-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They maybe a growing trend in non royal weddings but, Zara wearing a hat to her royal wedding. No-no IMO.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Interesting- because I'll be surprised if she does not wear a tiara! Except for Camilla (for obvious reasons), we have seen tiaras on heads of all women marrying into the main royal family (Autumn, Serena, Kate, Sophie, Sarah, Diana)over the past 30 years. Since Zara is royal by birth, I think there is even more reason that she will wear a tiara!

For me, the question is which one. While I would love to see her carry on tradition and wear the Fringe, I wonder if she will choose something smaller and more simple. Are there any tiaras in the royal collection that have Scottish connections?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Nobility

If Autumn wore a tiara, then I would be very surprised if Zara did not borrow one for her own wedding.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

I would be surprised if Zara did wear a tiara. She is pretty independent.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Courtier

She will wear the same tiara worn by her grandmother and her mother. Remember she is the Queen's first granddaughter to be married. Beatrice and Eugenie will wear some design not yet found in nature on their heads -- if their head gear at William's wedding is any indication. JMHO
Old 05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Gentry

I hope, if it's a strapless dress, that Zara remembers her tan lines! She looked so awful at Peter's wedding with those tan lines! She's a beautiful woman.

I know little boys are very unpredictable, but I hope Lady Louise AND her little brother, James are in the wedding. And, I hope they release a few more photos. I was disappointed that they did not release and huge "mob" photo of ALL the Royal Family who attended William's wedding.

I have no idea if either Zara or Mike have any Godchildren, but that does seem to be a fairly obvious list to choose from--all of Edward's attendants were Godchildren.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can't wait to see Zara's wedding dress,according to all suggestions it will be a strongly modern one
Forget girls in pearls... Zara's a thoroughly modern bride as she follows her mother and poses for country life | Mail Online
Old 05-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

This is one wedding I'm looking forward to !
I live in the centre of Edinburgh, close to Holyrood House, the Scottish Parliament, and, of course, Canongate Kirk.

Here are some more pictures from Wikipedia:

Kirk of the Canongate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David Rizzio, the secretary of Mary Queen of Scots, was murdered, and buried at this church.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Perhaps, Autumn Phillips, Pss Beatrice, Pss Eugenie, Lady Louise and perhaps some close friends of Zara Phillips shall be her bridesmaids and perhaps, some of Mike Tindall's rugby team mates shall also be in the wedding party.

I wonder which varieties of flowers and foliage along with colour schemes shall be used for Canongate Kirk and for the reception at Holyrood house.

I wonder which music shall be played at the service and at the reception.

Also, I wonder which flavours shall be used for the wedding cake and which types of cuisine shall be chosen for the wedding reception.

Also, which style of wedding dress shall be chosen?

Also, which tailor shall Mike and members of his wedding party and his family choose for the wedding?

Also, where and when Zara and Mike shall have their stag and hen festivities?

Also, will Zara's wedding ring be made from Welsh gold and which jeweller shall be commissioned to make the ring(s)?

Shall Mike wear a wedding ring?

I hope the Russian Fringe tiara shall be worn or Queen Mary's tiara or the Cambridge Lover's knot tiara.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Zara Phillips poses for Country Life magazine - Female First
Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Are there any tiaras in the royal collection that have Scottish connections?

The only tiara I can think of is the Stathmore Rose , Zara may want to wear this as a tribute/in memory of her GT Grandmother.
Im not sure if there are any tiaras in the Crown Jewels of Scotland . Can our Scottish correspondents help with this?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Zara, regardless of her lack of title, was born a royal. Her grandmother is the Queen for God's sake! She may be independent but I think she is very, very respectful of the royal family and her grandmother. In one interview I remember her saying that she curtseyed to her grandmother upon seeing her for the first time on a day (no curtsey later in the day). Her non-royal sister-in-law wore a tiara. Trust me ... she will wear one and I suspect it will be the same one worn by her grandmother and mother.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips