Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edinburgh is a wonderful choice for a royal wedding, and for any wedding in fact. A beautiful city which will make a stunning background to a royal occasion. There are many connections between Edinburgh and the monarchy of course including the Queen's residence at Holyrood and Princess Anne's role with Scottish rugby at Murrayfield. I hope and believe it will be a great event and wish the royal couple all the best.

I hope its a Scottish wedding! I've always had a secret hoe that when Harry eventually marry he wld do it in Scotland but Zara is just a good!

I hope its a Scottish wedding! I've always had a secret hoe that when Harry eventually marry he wld do it in Scotland but Zara is just a good!

I'm totally sharing your opinion!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm so happy zara and mike chose scotland as their wedding place. edinburgh is such a beautiful, magical, elegant town with such an importance in the UK that i believe the royal family wanted to make this known to the world by choosing it. canongate kirk is also a church full of history, with adam smith being buried in their grounds. such an ocassion for scotland to show its beauty!

i'm so happy zara and mike chose scotland as their wedding place. edinburgh is such a beautiful, magical, elegant town with such an importance in the UK that i believe the royal family wanted to make this known to the world by choosing it. canongate kirk is also a church full of history, with adam smith being buried in their grounds. such an ocassion for scotland to show its beauty!

Has it been announced that this is where they are getting married officially yet as I haven't seen an annoucement? Could you provide a link to the official announcement please?

carlota said:

Edinburgh hasn't been confirmed as the destination for the wedding.

Now the comments on this article, are slightly different to the ones on the Wills&Kate articles.

A wedding in Edinburgh would be lovely - and a welcome change to the usual London / Windsor locations.

Still no official confirmation......................

Princess Anne has secretly visited the Scottish church where her daughter Zara
will marry Mike Tindall, 32, on July 30.

Anne made the trip last weekend to Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh as Zara, 29, hired party planner Peregrine Armstrong-Jones to help organise the event.
‘Anne arranged to be in Scotland as the plans get under way,’ a source said.

Zara Phillips' wedding plans full steam ahead as mother Princess Anne visits the church | Mail Online

It's strange, I keep forgetting there are two royal weddings this year.

It's strange, I keep forgetting there are two royal weddings this year.

Which is exactly what Zara likes... :flowers: BTW - there are three Royal weddings this year. Don't forget the one in Monaco...

British Royal weddings. She might like it this way but the public still would like to know what's going on.

I wonder how Zara and Mike feels about their wedding being eclipsed by Will and Kates.

I would imagine that they are pretty okay with it.

They did after all, get engaged and picked a day after William and Kate did.

I'm sure they are quite happy, if they wanted to have the focus on them, they should have had it a different year. But I would still like to see more of them, or more details.

I agree some details will be nice. For example confirmed date of the wedding.

My guess is that they are glad because if William and Kate were not getting married there would be a lot more press intrusion about their wedding and the planning. You don't hear a lot about the planning of their wedding and IMO that might be what they were going for having the wedding a few months after William & Kate. Just my guess! :)

I would agree.

I think that once everything is confirmed (location of the wedding, reception, etc.) they will let everyone know some facts.

muriel said:
BBC News - Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall set wedding date

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall set wedding date

Zara Phillips and rugby player Mike Tindall are to be married in Edinburgh on 30 July, Buckingham Palace has said.
The wedding will take place at Canongate Kirk on the Royal Mile.

:) see sometimes not everything reported in papers is wrong! Yeah!!! I am excited for this weddding too

So it's official now! Good. What a couple of years the BRF will have Weddings, Birthdays and Jubilee.

Beaten at the punch to this news!

I was in Edinburgh this morning, there were a couple of photographers around already scoping out the area.

Handy location for the reception too.

Last edited:
How nice would it be if we get a glimpse of little Savannah? That would make the occasion even better.

Mia_mae said:
How nice would it be if we get a glimpse of little Savannah? That would make the occasion even better.

We probably will see her. They discussed Zara on the news this morning I was pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom