The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Yep! And that's as it should be! I'll be focused on Kate (who will likely repeat an outfit on purpose), but I doubt Zara cares. She cares about her family and friends, including Kate, who will all be focused on her. I hope she (and Mike) has a dream day! :)

Since it concerns people, Zara is on the front page of most major UK papers today and not Kate. W&K have been mostly holed up in Wales for the past few weeks. They're keeping a low profile at this wedding. I don't understand the animosity. Zara will have a lovely day in spite of any and all media coverage.

I am pleased to hear that Zara is on the front pages - as she should be at this time.

The animosity, such as it is from my point of view, is due to the fact that the online press seem to be focussing, at least in their headlines, on William and Kate and not on the stars of this show - Zara and Mike.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Since it concerns people, Zara is on the front page of most major UK papers today and not Kate. W&K have been mostly holed up in Wales for the past few weeks. They're keeping a low profile at this wedding. I don't understand the animosity. Zara will have a lovely day in spite of any and all media coverage.
It's not animosity against Catherine but rather frustration, irritation and downright anger about the media not focusing on Zara when we want to know what its happening and against the media trying to create a nice spicey little earner called "Zara loathes the Upstart" or some equally nauseating ongoing "filler".

Old 07-30-2011, 03:52 AM
Majesty

For anyone interested in Mike and his interests I wouldn't be surprised if both he and his best man are currently watching TV - specifically the rugby test from Wellington NZ where NZ is playing SA. These two nations are two of the powerhouses for Rugby and with the World Cup only about a month away I am sure that all the elite teams will be watching this game at the moment - as am I by the way and the All Blacks (NZ) have just scored their first try.

Don't worry about time to get ready - it is only 8.50 am in Edinburgh and the game will finish by about 10.00 am - maybe Zara mightn't be watching it but even that isn't beyond the realms of possibility (my sister-in-law had the cricket on all day on the day she married - no wedding was going to interfere with watching the second day of an Ashes test - she called it 'priorities' - they had set the wedding time for 5.00 p.m. just so they could see most of it - while typing this the All Blacks have scored again).
Old 07-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Royal Highness

What time does the ceremony, the trace will start and a chance to live here?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The time of the ceremony hasn't been released, but apparantly HM is arriving in Scotland at midday, so sometime after that.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
What time does the ceremony, the trace will start and a chance to live here?

There is no coverage of the wedding - some of the arrival and the departure from the church but that is all.

As we don't actually know the time of the wedding what time we might start to get some sort of footage of people arriving - if we do - will be anyone's guess.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Courtier

Strange that there is no time released..
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The time of the ceremony hasn't been released.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the locals, it's 3pm.

HM and Phil only have to roll down North Bridge and straight down the Canongate...
Old 07-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

The BBC also demonstrated outside the church before the marriage will be less. Both sides had a simple and beautiful flowers. And security officials only.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Serene Highness

Just out of curiosity: assuming Zara will wear a tiara today, did she had one on before in any event?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Anne wore the crown of their signed marriage contract is perhaps preferable.
Quite simply, a very tiny tail, expect a wedding dress with lace veil.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Aristocracy

I think Catherine wore the same outfit on purpose...in order to try and not upstage the bride. I'm surprised the media wasn't complaining, what this again?? She can't control what they say but she can try to deflate them a little.

MM
Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

From "The Scotsman":

Online offerings fill gap in souvenirs of Mike and Zara's day - Scotsman.com
Old 07-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know if Zara's father, Mark Phillips will be attending? I haven't seen or read anything about him being present. It would be a bit strange if the bride's father wasn't there. Not sure but the groom's nose looks like something has been done to it (a small operation perhaps?) or am I imagining this?

Too bad we cannot see the wedding but I understand very well why. BTW (and OT, sorry), did Zara and Peter ever have the option to receive a title should they wish so? I'm only asking since I'm guessing many people might at some point (as a teenager maybe) feel angry about their mother and cousins and everyone around having titles and knowing your mother, the Princess Royal having decided you would get none. I hope you do understand that I'm not saying this because I would feel titles are necessary, I was just wondering.

Hmm, should we be calling Charles and Camilla Duke and Duchess of Rothesay now that they're in Scotland? And naturally, William and Catherine are now titled Duke and Countess of Strathearn, am I right?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Does anyone know if Zara's father, Mark Phillips will be attending? I haven't seen or read anything about him being present.
Of course he is attending.
He also attended last night's reception and dinner.
Pic (Mark Phillips on the right):
http://www.newscom.com/nc//displayOp...s=N&searchkey=[]&searchtype=newsearch&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=
Old 07-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Hmm, should we be calling Charles and Camilla Duke and Duchess of Rothesay now that they're in Scotland? And naturally, William and Catherine are now titled Duke and Countess of Strathearn, am I right?
Charles and Camilla do use the Rothesay title whilst in Scotland. William is NOT the Duke of Strathearn. He will still go Duke of Cambridge.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

At Sky News they probably will show later some details and guests arriving,though not live broadcast
Old 07-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
Charles and Camilla do use the Rothesay title whilst in Scotland. William is NOT the Duke of Strathearn. He will still go Duke of Cambridge.
Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake. I meant to write 'Earl' not 'Duke'. I do realize they probably go as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but technically they could use their Scottish title, right?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Nobility

It is only Charles that really uses his Scottish title, because it is the title of the heir to the Scottish throne. Other royals may use their lesser titles if they are making an official visit to that particular area.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips