The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

Well I'm kinda disappointed that BBC America (tv channel) won't have any coverage of Zara's wedding....does anyone know if any channels in the US will cover any of it?

MM

Old 07-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Even the headline in the DM is about Kate - Zara and Mike are more an afterthought - so sad. This is the headline on the page although the link is still the earlier one about the rehearsal.

All aboard! Kate joins the party on the Royal Yacht Britannia on the eve of another big wedding... as Zara and Mike enjoy one last kiss

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz1TXlhg7VY

Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Zara, I think, looks cute. The shoes and clutch don't go well, but what the heck. It's a cute dress.

Soon, we will have to look closely to tell William and Edward apart (noggin-wise). William looks pretty much tonsured.
I like the dress... do not like the tan lines. They kind of ruin it IMHO.

Off topic, I love reading your posts! I learn so many new words. First palaver (don't remember which thread) and now tonsured! Brilliant!!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Even the headline in the DM is about Kate - Zara and Mike are more an afterthought - so sad. This is the headline on the page although the link is still the earlier one about the rehearsal.

All aboard! Kate joins the party on the Royal Yacht Britannia on the eve of another big wedding... as Zara and Mike enjoy one last kiss

Read more: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall met by cheering crowds as arrive for rehearsal ahead of tomorrow's royal wedding | Mail Online
Didn't this article start out today with a headline about Zara, Mike and the rehearsal?

I think that the "press" is only concerned with "hits/clicks" on the article. Whatever title they think will attract more people to "click" on that article is the one they will use. Maybe they felt they weren't getting enough hits so they shoved Kate in the title hoping to get more readers? Stupid, I know, but there you go. I feel bad for both Zara and Kate.

I hope Zara and Mike and their families have a great day tomorrow!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Courtier

I hope it's a great day. I'm sure Zara will get the attention on her day there will of course be mentions of Kate as she was the last bride and it was such a big event. I like Zara's hair but not the tan lines and the dress was a ok but not great for going down steps gracefully! I hope they all enjoy themselves.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Didn't this article start out today with a headline about Zara, Mike and the rehearsal?
I think you are right. Earlier I saw the article on the DM sidebar with a headline/picture of Mike and Zara but the updated version changed the headline and added large pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as the first thing in the article. At first I thought it was just for the Daily Mail's Femail section, but now it's on the front page on the site.

I feel like a hypocrite for beating this dead horse. Complaining about the Kate coverage serves to perpetuate the "issue". The media is the one spinning the tale exactly as they want it using their words and pictures - it provokes a reaction and creates a feeling (mission accomplished it seems).
Old 07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestern Mom View Post
Well I'm kinda disappointed that BBC America (tv channel) won't have any coverage of Zara's wedding....does anyone know if any channels in the US will cover any of it?

MM

There is no coverage for anyone.

All that will be seen will be some news clips of arrivals at and departures from the church.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I bet Will and Kate are a little jealous that their wedding ceramony will be private!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Majesty

Duke of Duchess of Cambridge steal the show at Zara Phillips's wedding party - Telegraph

The Telegraph also is leading with William and Kate - 'stealing the show'.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Duke of Duchess of Cambridge steal the show at Zara Phillips's wedding party - Telegraph

Again,all about Will and Kate!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

See, this is what I mean about titling an article in such a way as to generate "hits".

The title of the article implies that Kate and William actively did something to steal attention from Zara and Mike. They did nothing of the kind. All they did was show up to a party they were invited to.

However, if one is just looking around on the internet and you see the link above, some might click on it hoping for "scandal". And then you read the article and there is no "stealing the show". The Telegraph is just using William and Kate to generate hits so they can charge more for advertising on their website.

Again, I feel sorry for Zara, William, and Catherine.

I apologize that this is off-topic.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP

Again,all about Will and Kate!
People magazines headline was Kate attends Zara's pre-wedding bash - or something similar
Edit- here is is, it's about Kate's outfit, not the bride
http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20514276
Old 07-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
See, this is what I mean about titling an article in such a way as to generate "hits".

The title of the article implies that Kate and William actively did something to steal attention from Zara and Mike. They did nothing of the kind. All they did was show up to a party they were invited to.

However, if one is just looking around on the internet and you see the link above, some might click on it hoping for "scandal". And then you read the article and there is no "stealing the show". The Telegraph is just using William and Kate to generate hits so they can charge more for advertising on their website.

Again, I feel sorry for Zara, William, and Catherine.

I apologize that this is off-topic.
Of course it is all about advertising but a lot of people only read/buy things because of the headlines so Kate will get the coverage because she sells.

That is so sad for Zara on her day.

Zara is the Queen's eldest granddaughter and even so still won't be the main focus of a lot of the press coverage of her own wedding but it will go to her cousin's wife.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Administrator

I think at the end of the day, while Kate sells papers and will no doubt share the headlines during and after the wedding....the family (which is pretty much all that counts for this wedding) will focus on Zara. They know its her wedding day and she will get the coverage, love and attention from them as a beloved daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, friend, etc that she deserves.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I think at the end of the day, while Kate sells papers and will no doubt share the headlines during and after the wedding....the family (which is pretty much all that counts for this wedding) will focus on Zara. They know its her wedding day and she will get the coverage, love and attention from them as a beloved daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, friend, etc that she deserves.
I know you are right Zonk. I was just feeling guilty as my main reason for joining TRF and becoming obsessed with royalty was due to William and Catherine. I only vaguely knew of Zara's existence before the W & C's wedding.

I only started looking into Zara because of her connections to William and Catherine and the possibility of seeing pictures of them at Zara's wedding. I feel like such a tool.

Now I'm interested in Zara and Mike and their lives so I guess that's something.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

With all the Catherine attention I would have expected her to have been wearing something drop-dead gorgeous instead of that truly ugly DVF green sack!!!

Now if she turns up at the wedding tossing her freshly waved trademark locks, then I'll be peeved!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
Zara looked good, her legs looked great. The only negative that I could find was the tan lines on her shoulder. And that's pretty picky I know, but it drives me nuts on anyone. Her hair looked great pulled back and the color/highlights in her hair are wonderful. She looks very pretty and feminine.
I prefer it! It means she's not hitting the tanning beds, which is so unhealthy and ugly. Her strap marks were subtle enough that I think they're probably from some good outdoor sport, not from laying around damaging her skin.

And agreed that her hair looks great!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The world and the press may focus on Kate but I have no doubt that the family will focus on Zara. It is after all her day (and Mike's too!).
Yep! And that's as it should be! I'll be focused on Kate (who will likely repeat an outfit on purpose), but I doubt Zara cares. She cares about her family and friends, including Kate, who will all be focused on her. I hope she (and Mike) has a dream day! :)

Quote:

Read more: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall met by cheering crowds as arrive for rehearsal ahead of tomorrow's royal wedding | Mail Online
Since it concerns people, Zara is on the front page of most major UK papers today and not Kate. W&K have been mostly holed up in Wales for the past few weeks. They're keeping a low profile at this wedding. I don't understand the animosity. Zara will have a lovely day in spite of any and all media coverage.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
People magazines headline was Kate attends Zara's pre-wedding bash - or something similar
Edit- here is is, it's about Kate's outfit, not the bride
People Mobile | News | Kate Recycles Her Green DVF Dress for Zara Phillips's Yacht Party
Interesting, at the end of this blurb it stated Carole Middleton was spotted (doesn't say where or with whom) - I find that hard to believe, maybe mistaken identity of someone who looked like her?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Since it concerns people, Zara is on the front page of most major UK papers today and not Kate. W&K have been mostly holed up in Wales for the past few weeks. They're keeping a low profile at this wedding. I don't understand the animosity. Zara will have a lovely day in spite of any and all media coverage.
I completely agree with this post, especially the part in bold above.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips