The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post

Here is article about rehearsal and pictures
HELLO

Old 07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Gentry

I can't believe July 30 is almost here already - when they announced the date it seemed so far away! Like most people, I think it would be awesome if she wore the Diamond Fringe tiara to keep tradition, though I don't think that piece is really her style. A fixed-up Strathmore Rose tiara would be nice too.

I'm terrible at trying to picture what a bride could look like on their wedding day, so I'm hoping we get a few photos. I'm sure Zara, Mike, and the family will look great though!

Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

10-15 minutes of wedding stuff on the BBC. Even a little interview with Peter. Already people lining up on the streets, apparently the church was booked for another womans wedding but she was asked to move it for Zara.

Zara and Mike are on the Royal Brittania currently. Apparently, carriages are expected for the guests at midnight tonight.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't understand why everyone here appears to be so pessimistic about getting photos from the wedding? Of course there will be photos, and not from paparazzi, but from regular news photographers assigned to the job by the news agencies they work for... which is perfectly normal.
Link to the daylife gallery from the wedding rehearsal:
zara phillips wedding rehearsal - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Old 07-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
10-15 minutes of wedding stuff on the BBC. Even a little interview with Peter. Already people lining up on the streets, apparently the church was booked for another womans wedding but she was asked to move it for Zara.

Zara and Mike are on the Royal Brittania currently. Apparently, carriages are expected for the guests at midnight tonight.
Was the other woman asked to book another day, or book an earlier/later wedding tomorrow? I could see the other woman being asked to do that and being allowed to use the same floral arrangements/decorations.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Apparently she chose to book in another church on a different day.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

First getty gallery with pics from the pre-wedding party on board of the Britannia tonight:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the colour of Catherine's dress. I think I spot Edward and Sophie climbing stairs after William and Catherine. Could spot Ed's bald patch anywhere!

I am not loving the colours of Zara's dress, but I like the style.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I was wondering if another thread, perhaps a "pre wedding events thread" should be created? Make things easier?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I would not be at all surprised if Zara does not wear tiara at all.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I love the colour of Catherine's dress. I think I spot Edward and Sophie climbing stairs after William and Catherine. Could spot Ed's bald patch anywhere!

I am not loving the colours of Zara's dress, but I like the style.
Zara, I think, looks cute. The shoes and clutch don't go well, but what the heck. It's a cute dress.

Soon, we will have to look closely to tell William and Edward apart (noggin-wise). William looks pretty much tonsured.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I love that she's doing her wedding in Scotland since very little BRF members do their wedding their(exept Anne in her 2nd marriage).People forget that the Queen rules Scotland!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Zara looked good, her legs looked great. The only negative that I could find was the tan lines on her shoulder. And that's pretty picky I know, but it drives me nuts on anyone. Her hair looked great pulled back and the color/highlights in her hair are wonderful. She looks very pretty and feminine.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Courtier

I am surprised. It truly was a very informal party, almost looked like a business conference cocktail party, with the exception of a very few people with a bare shoulder here and there.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Majesty

I have just seen a snippet on one of our news bulletins here of the guests arriving for the Britannia pre-wedding event - well they showed the back of William and Kate arriving but no one else - not even the bride and groom.

They did show only Zara and Mike arriving at the church for their wedding rehearsal and snippets back to William and Kate's wedding - to show what want be seen this time.

Total coverage about 30 seconds and about 15 on each couple although there was about 2 seconds of the Queen and DoE at William's wedding.

Hopefully there will be more of the wedding couple over the next day or so.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, we knew that would happen...and it will continue to happen. W & K are already overexposed. I can't wait for them to hole up in Anglesey.

I do wish a splendid and over-the-top fun day for
Zara and Mike!!!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Well, we knew that would happen...and it will continue to happen. W & K are already overexposed. I can't wait for them to hole up in Anglesey.

I do wish a splendid and over-the-top fun day for
Zara and Mike!!!

Not going to happen with regard to W and K

I too hope Zara and Mike have a great day - and just as they want it to be - before going to their own sporting training on Monday (when Mike has to be back in training camp for the World Cup ahead of the test next Saturday).
Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Nobility

You're so right, Pandora's box re: W & C has already been opened and no chance of closing it.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

I predict Zara's wedding to get a bit more coverage then it may have org. solely based on the Catherine pics....photo agencies love them .....
Old 07-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Kinda sad that Kate will get more news than Zara on her wedding day.They will report on the wedding but,mostly on Kate.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips