The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

They may well marry at St George's but Queen's Chapel, in St James's Palace in Central London may be taken into consideration as well.

Though I think Gloucester Cathedral is a good suggestion as well.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie of The Sea View Post
They may well marry at St George's but Queen's Chapel, in St James's Palace in Central London may be taken into consideration as well.

Though I think Gloucester Cathedral is a good suggestion as well.

I have been in the Queen's Chapel and I would say it is way too small. The Chapel Royal at St James' may be a possibility.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Probably a stupid question, but there's no chance of the Queen offering Mike Tindall an earldom or some kind of peerage is there? I am 99% certain it won't happen, but I'd rather ask people who'd know better than me in order to be 100% certain about anything.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Probably a stupid question, but there's no chance of the Queen offering Mike Tindall an earldom or some kind of peerage is there? I am 99% certain it won't happen, but I'd rather ask people who'd know better than me in order to be 100% certain about anything.
My two cents is that since Mark Phillips turned down a title and none was offered to Peter Phillips (that I know of), there is no chance that Mike Tindall would be offered one.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Royal Highness

I'm hoping for the Greek Meander Tiara - I think it would lovely on her. I'm also hoping for an early winter wedding. I thought they looked great in the snow for their engagement photos so a winter wedding would suit them too. I also see them selling the rights to their wedding, like Peter and Autumn did, and I see nothing wrong with it. Give the celebrity factor involved (Mike being a sports star and all of his teammates likely to be at the wedding), plus the fact that they have to work for a living, it makes sense to sell the rights if magazines are interested.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I'm hoping for the Greek Meander Tiara - I think it would lovely on her. I'm also hoping for an early winter wedding. I thought they looked great in the snow for their engagement photos so a winter wedding would suit them too. I also see them selling the rights to their wedding, like Peter and Autumn did, and I see nothing wrong with it. Give the celebrity factor involved (Mike being a sports star and all of his teammates likely to be at the wedding), plus the fact that they have to work for a living, it makes sense to sell the rights if magazines are interested.

I don't see them selling the rights to the wedding as the Queen was very displeased with Peter doing it and she, Philip, Charles and Camilla refused to be in any of the ones taken for that purpose. They are in the ones on the steps of St Georges but they were for anyone.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I just wonder...

Would it be all right, if Ms.Philips decided not to wear a tiara. Technically speaking, she is a commoner, whose mother happens to be Princess.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Majesty

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall will do it their way - Telegraph

Another take on the engagement
Old 12-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think we will see anything but a traditional royal wedding and I can very well imagine Zara marrying without a tiara.
But maybe they will surprise me.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Should be fun I'm excited to see what they'll do and when they'll do it. I'd love a winter wedding!
Old 12-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I always think selling the rights to events like weddings is tacky.
Sure, there'll be photos anyway, so why not have the principals benefit?

But, it's somehow rather greedy, even if the money is donated to charity.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall may say Hello! to big wedding gift - Telegraph

Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton will, undoubtedly, be the royal wedding of the year, but he may not be the one who receives the biggest present.

Mandrake hears that Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall are "seriously considering" a highly lucrative deal in which Hello! magazine would publish exclusive photographs of their wedding.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I personally see nothing wrong with another Hello! deal. I loved Peter and Autumn's photos and unlike P and A, Z&M are famous in their own rights without the royal connection. Though that connection doesn't hurt them at all...
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Zara Phillips has ruled out selling the rights to her wedding for up to 1million and is planning to foot some of the bill herself, the Daily Mail can reveal.
The 29-year-old royal and her rugby star fiance Mike Tindall, 32, have decided to turn down any offer from glossy magazines such as Hello!, a spokesman said – although they have agreed to coverage before.
The pair, who each earn six-figure salaries through their sports careers and lucrative sponsorship deals, are now expected to pay towards the event.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1A8CLPAJY

Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Zara Phillips has ruled out selling the rights to her wedding for up to 1million and is planning to foot some of the bill herself, the Daily Mail can reveal.
The 29-year-old royal and her rugby star fiance Mike Tindall, 32, have decided to turn down any offer from glossy magazines such as Hello!, a spokesman said although they have agreed to coverage before.
The pair, who each earn six-figure salaries through their sports careers and lucrative sponsorship deals, are now expected to pay towards the event.

Read more: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall will turn down magazine deal for wedding | Mail Online
I am gladd that there will be no sponsorship deal for the forthcoming wedding. I am afriad a sponsorship deal just does not pass the sniff test for me!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I personally see nothing wrong with another Hello! deal. I loved Peter and Autumn's photos and unlike P and A, Z&M are famous in their own rights without the royal connection. Though that connection doesn't hurt them at all...

However when your grandmother is the Queen you are actually selling access to the monarch on a particulary day and that isn't on.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I suspect St George's with lots of sporting people - including the entire England Lions squad as well as others from other teams and sports. Obviously a number of leading equestrians from around the world as well.

I wouldn't expect any foreign royals - as Zara isn't royal herself. The Greeks live in London and are on good terms with the British royals. I wouldn't expect any politicians etc either - just family and friends of the couple.
I completely agree.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

The Daily Express is reporting that Zara and Mike will marry in Edinburgh on July 30 2011.....
Old 01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Majesty

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Couple alter their day at the altar to make way for Zara Phillips

Here is a link - it also says that another couple have had to change their plans as a result.

This would see the couple having their honeymoon down under in September/October at the Rugby World Cup (as Mike will be expected to by playing for England throughout August in the Northern Hemisphere). That is romantic considering they meet down under during the 2003 Rugby World Cup, which England won and Mike was part of the winning team.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
The Daily Express is reporting that Zara and Mike will marry in Edinburgh on July 30 2011.....
Do the couple have any ties to Edinburgh? It seems a bit random for them.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips