The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Nobility

Hopefully Zara has a few spare bedrooms.. Freight Train Inc....if she looks really tired in the coming months we'll know!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

More news from Edinburgh Council and Lothian and Borders Police:

"Council chiefs are hiring private security guards to help shepherd the crowds still expected to turn out.

Metal barriers will be erected beside the kirk and on nearby streets...."

So they've accepted that there will be crowds. What else did they expect ?
This is a royal (and VIP) wedding - private or not.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall

Just read in Hola she has already a designer for her wedding dress!
Los secretos de la boda escocesa de Zara Phillips y Mike Tindall

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Zara Phillips is on the point to marry soon,but her half-sister Felicity Tonkin,who shares the same passion for horses,will most definitely not be on the guest list
Zara Phillips' royal wedding and Felicity Tonkin the love child half-sister she's never met | Mail Online
Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Since they have never met not exactly a huge surprise. I was wondering about her the other day! I think it is very sad her father has chosen to stay out of her life it was his mistake but she has suffered without a father because of it. She has done so well becoming a vet is hard work clearly the love of horses is in the blood! Less then two weeks to go...Zara must be busy with all the final arrangements and fittings. I am looking forward to it I really want to see what she wears.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Courtier

It will possibly be a low key affair, although I cannot wait to see her gown. Stewart Parvin is a wonderful designer having dressed HM beautifully on numerous occasions. I think we are in for a classic and elegant choice again. Zara and Mike certainly do make a lovely couple.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Of course there'll be huge crowds!
Edward and Sophie got married at Windsor where it's possible to close off the area.

But I understand the Canongate Kirk is right in the heart of Edinburgh, where it will be difficult to contain the crowds.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Gentry

Does anyone know if we will be able to watch this royal wedding? Online streaming anywhere?

Zara and Mike are so cute and they look so in love and happy. I hope we can watch their wedding somewhere
Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm fairly certain that we in Scotland (and possibly even England) will be able to see at least some clips.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure clips will all we will be seeing; we saw Peter and Autumn and the wedding guests leaving St George's Chapel after their wedding, so I imagine/hope we'll see the same for Zara's wedding. I would be quite happy with that and I agree with her wish to have a private wedding. It's her right.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Aristocracy

I have recently heard that Zara & Mike have been prevented, (by Buckingham Palace),from doing a magazine deal for $. to sell the rights to the wedding pictures.

If true, then I find this sad.

He is a "sports star" and other sports/celeb's can sell their pics.

Zara dosen't get any money from "the firm/public purse" ?? does she?

I would hope that people would be happy for them to get something for opening up part of their most precious and private day!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Courtier

I understand why though, because the Queen and the family don't want to have to worry about being snapped during private moments. The Queen was not happy that Peter did it and made it very clear so I'm not surprised they said no! Zara can make money after her marriage maybe open up her home and release a picture or two of the wedding.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am very sorry, there will be not a lot of pix !
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
I have recently heard that Zara & Mike have been prevented, (by Buckingham Palace),from doing a magazine deal for $. to sell the rights to the wedding pictures.

If true, then I find this sad.

He is a "sports star" and other sports/celeb's can sell their pics.

Zara dosen't get any money from "the firm/public purse" ?? does she?

I would hope that people would be happy for them to get something for opening up part of their most precious and private day!!!
I read that too. I can understand why the Queen would prefer to keep the even private, but it would seem normal to give a discrete "gift" that was an equivalent amount to the young couple. They really shouldn't have to forgo that sum of money and the queen, if she feels so strongly about it, should compensate them.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think that they would be pleased about congratulation cards, although the wedding should be as much private as can be?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Fascinator, I agree. Did Peter Phillips have to reneg on his Hello deal? No. Did he have to return the money? No. Zara and Mike should not be treated differently, whether HM approves or not. If they are getting no stipend or similar from the Crown or the government, they should be able to do what they like.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that if Zara & Michael wanted to share their happiness with their countrymen, they should have had right to do so.
They are both adult, financially independent and should make independent decisions.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:07 AM

When will the wedding be ?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

On 30 July.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

This from Scottish Television (STV):

Royal wedding two: latest on Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall

Apparently there are to be a number of guests from Sydney where Zara spent her gap year.

And... a commemorative half pint mug as been spotted !!
Naturally, it's from "Horse & Hound....

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/308606.html

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips