The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Majesty

I agree that they should have chosen the colour by now but was commenting on the bit in the article that said that they don't know the colour of the waistcoats because the colour for the bridesmaids' dresses hasn't been chosen.

White bridesmaids are traditional at royal weddings but not at others I think. Although when I was a bridesmaid twice in the 80s we wore white both times - the first because the bride wanted us in pink which I simply refused to wear so we chose white with large pink bows and pink embroidery - looked fine and the dress could be reworn without the bow and the second because the bride decided to wear a colour instead - she wore a deep red.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Courtier

Isn't it interesting to see the differences in wedding traditions according to the location and culture. This world is such a diverse place.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Courtier

Do we know why the royalty choose white for the bridesmaids? The sash is usually a colour. Although Sarah had peachy colour flowergirls from memory and no bridesmaids. Do we know if Zara has any flowergirls? Is Lady Louise one again? She was so cute at Williams wedding.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Do we know why the royalty choose white for the bridesmaids? The sash is usually a colour. Although Sarah had peachy colour flowergirls from memory and no bridesmaids. Do we know if Zara has any flowergirls? Is Lady Louise one again? She was so cute at Williams wedding.

The only attendent who has been named has been the best man.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen visited Canongate Kirk on Sunday. It's her parish church when she's staying at Holyrood.
There was a large-ish number of "fans".....

There's a YouTube clip on the "Queen Elizabeth/DoE Current" if you want to see the church...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The Queen visited Canongate Kirk on Sunday. It's her parish church when she's staying at Holyrood.
There was a large-ish number of "fans".....

There's a YouTube clip on the "Queen Elizabeth/DoE Current" if you want to see the church...
It's such a pretty church. I'm not surprised Zara chose it.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

More details on the upcoming nuptials !

Zara Phillips’ wedding hair revealed: French roll with a modern twist

Zara Phillips

(*I'm posting her but fell free to move to the wedding thread)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The Jacobites and others had a favourite folksong:

As i cam doun the Canongate, the Canongate, the Canongate,
As i cam doun the Canongate, I hear a lassie sing:

Merry may the keel rowe
That my true love is in.

The Lasses o' the Canongate
Oh they are wondrous nice
They winna gie a single kiss
But for a double price
Old 07-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Mia mae, thanks for the image of Zara's potential wedding coiffure...

I doubt they would reveal the real thing before the event.

Zara Phillips
Old 07-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Massive security operation begins.....

"Despite the wedding being a "private event", city leaders will see the ceremony as an opportunity to promote Scotland's Capital, and build on the success of last year's visit there by Pope Benedict XVI....

....Television images of the bride and her wedding party making their way down Edinburgh's famous "Royal Mile" and into the church will showcase the Capital's famous sites....

Royal Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Massive security operation begins | Mail Online
Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Courtier

I think they are going on how she wore her hair to Kate's wedding. Zara had a lovely up do that day and night. It really suited her and I thought she may wear it like that for her own wedding. It looked elegant and smart so it would be nice to see. Looks like we will be getting plenty of pictures!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Our First Minister Alex Salmond, as well as the City of Edinburgh Council, will try to get as much coverage out of this wedding as they can.

And who can blame them ? There's a recession going on...
Old 07-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Our First Minister Alex Salmond, as well as the City of Edinburgh Council, will try to get as much coverage out of this wedding as they can.

And who can blame them ? There's a recession going on...
I think it's only fair! The city of Edinburgg has to put up with security costs, closing the the area for traffic, etc. So they ought to get an advertising effect out of it, they deserve it . It's a beautiful place btw. I visited Holyrood House many years ago and now I'm thrilled to see that Zara is going to hold her reception there.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I live there, and it's certainly the best place I have ever lived.

Of course, it's the Queen's parish church whenever she is in Edinburgh (except when she attends church in Balmoral in the Highlands.

But I think Zara herself has taken the decision !
Old 07-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The Dress ?? The Maker - Stewart Parvin ?

Welcome Page | Stewart Parvin

Royal Warrant : STEWART PARVIN

Zara Phillips' royal wedding dress: Queen's favourite couturier Stewart Parvin chosen | Mail Online
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the dresses; they are simple yet not quite in the common way. And they are different from Kate's. Wonder who'll be her bridesmaids?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dresses are quite common. Actually, many of them look like nightgowns. Too bad, she didn't pick better. She is lovely, if she wants simple, she has it, there is nothing special about any of the gowns.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711
Lovely dresses. I think simple is fine as long as it's classy, and stunning, and what the bride wants....
Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Hello all Brits,
Can anyone tell me which TV Channel will be showing Zara's wedding please?
I would love to watch the entire ceremony if possible -not just the highlights on the news.
* I hosted a Royal Wedding Party for Wills & Kate and was thinking of doing the same here - even if we have to watch it on computers instead of large screens!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate "will make an appearance at the wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall in Edinburgh on July 30th".

BBC News - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to cut down royal duties

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips