Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an 'outsider' forgive me for saying that IMO the BRF is not handling this wedding very well in PR- terms! Zara Philips may not be a royal, she may not be on the civil list, she may not 'owe' anything particular to the British general public and yet: She's HM's second grand child; she's been in the public eye as long as I can remember! From my vantage point she appears to be well like by the Brits and she has a few merits of her own right being a world champion. It's may be a private wedding, but it's not that private! ;)

I'd imagine that many Brits would like to get some decent pictures from Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh on Saturday. While I fully understand that there's no live coverage of the ceremony, filming the guests and the bridal couple would be the least one could expect!

I for one hope that the BRF will consider the general public on Saturday! IMO they deserve it!

Viv

I wonder if the wedding day details of the program. What time does the clock will start with England, and which will be a chance to follow a live broadcast channels.

I wonder if the wedding day details of the program. What time does the clock will start with England, and which will be a chance to follow a live broadcast channels.

This information hasn't been made public as far as I am aware.

The only coverage will be by news channels doing a short bit as people arrive - the royals anyway and again when the bride and groom leave along with the royals - about 5 - 10 minutes either side of the ceremony and nothing from inside the church or afterwards when they have returned to Holyrood House.

From reading this http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/Wedding-day-dash-for-Zara39s.6808212.jp it seems that they think the wedding is at 3.00 p.m. but that is only 'expected to be' not confirmed.

This is a private wedding. It is just that the bride is the granddaughter of the Queen.

Last edited:
Police officers carried out security checks, including examining drains, yesterday around the Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh, ahead of Zara's wedding....

There will be 300 guests. Security costs are estimated at £ 500,000.
Supt. Ivor Marshall said that the kirk's location, close to Parliament and Holyrood House, "presented unique challenges".

Police stepping up security for Zara wedding - Scotsman.com News

As it happens, the Hopetoun International Horse Trials are taking place this weekend, a few miles west of Edinburgh.
The organisers have had to arrange for those wedding guests who are competing, to ride first thing in the morning, followed by a quick change of clothes !

The wedding is expected to be at 3pm.

Last edited:
Oh my, that is funny!!! More, more, more...

Last edited:
I have a feeling that Zara will wear this Fringe Tiara worn by her mother and grandmother

http://magazine.zankyou.com/mx/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tiara-fringe-bodas-reales.jpg

but then again I wouldn't be surprised if she wore a wedding hat similar to this (but perhaps without the feather). Either way I'm sure she'll be a lovely bride!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_r0-r_45Ik...ttpS-DNA/s1600/bridal+fascinator+hat+veil.jpg

:butterfly:

Is that Queen Elizabeth in the first photograph? She looks awfully pretty. So young and such a lovely cute smile.

I'm hoping Zara wears the fringe tiara I think it would be lovely. I think it would please the Queen too. The Queen looked lovely on her wedding day I loved her veil she was very happy and you could tell.

Is that Queen Elizabeth in the first photograph? She looks awfully pretty. So young and such a lovely cute smile.

Yes that's Queen Elizabeth on the left in that picture (and Princess Anne to the right) and I agree with you...the Queen was so pretty on her wedding day!

I think Zara might wear the Greek Meander tiara at her wedding

The Greek Meander tiara has always had my vote. It is particularly classic and simple and makes a wonderful statement owing to the sheer elegance of this piece. Princess Anne always looked lovely in this tiara.

As an 'outsider' forgive me for saying that IMO the BRF is not handling this wedding very well in PR- terms! Zara Philips may not be a royal, she may not be on the civil list, she may not 'owe' anything particular to the British general public and yet: She's HM's second grand child; she's been in the public eye as long as I can remember! From my vantage point she appears to be well like by the Brits and she has a few merits of her own right being a world champion. It's may be a private wedding, but it's not that private! ;)

I'd imagine that many Brits would like to get some decent pictures from Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh on Saturday. While I fully understand that there's no live coverage of the ceremony, filming the guests and the bridal couple would be the least one could expect!

I for one hope that the BRF will consider the general public on Saturday! IMO they deserve it!

Viv

From reading the British press the one thing that comes through loud and clear is that the British public, in general, think that the minor royal family members (specifically everyone in the line of succession from Andrew down) shouldn't be getting press coverage just because they are related to the Queen.

Zara has been raised as a private individual. She earns her own living, does no royal duties, has no royal title, will move further and further to the periphery of the royal circle in the public's mind as the years pass - e.g. since she announced her engagement she has dropped one place in the line of succession and within two years will possibly be another two places lower (assuming William has one child and Peter a second).

I compare her to Linley and Sarah Chatto - the neice and nephew of the Queen whose mother was also a princess and daughter of a monarch - no coverage of their weddings. Had George VI lived longer - say to the same sort of age that his daughter is now - he would have gone close to being on the throne when they married - would there have been any greater coverage - no - so why give any sort of coverage to the 13th in line - she isn't royal (as her mother says - my children aren't royal, they just have the Queen for a grandmother).

When Zara and Mike finish their sporting careers - and they get more coverage for that reason than because of Zara's relationship to the Queen I believe, they will disappear, except for the very, very major royal events - like Peter.

When Zara and Mike finish their sporting careers - and they get more coverage for that reason than because of Zara's relationship to the Queen I believe, they will disappear, except for the very, very major royal events - like Peter.

I think you are very right here. Both Zara and Mike have their own individual and successful sporting careers and will possibly become a very private and content family. That is what "out of the spot light" royals do. That said, I do wish them all the best.

Last edited:
I suspect St George's with lots of sporting people - including the entire England Lions squad as well as others from other teams and sports. Obviously a number of leading equestrians from around the world as well.

I wouldn't expect any foreign royals - as Zara isn't royal herself. The Greeks live in London and are on good terms with the British royals. I wouldn't expect any politicians etc either - just family and friends of the couple.
:previous:
Isn't Zara still Royal ???
I know her Mother didn't want her to use a title or work for the firm, but Legally isn't she still a Princess ???
(can someone help me out with that one?)

Zara is not a royal. She is a member of her grandmothers family, thus the royal family (collaterally anyway), but bears no title and is not kept by the state.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The mother of England rugby star Mike Tindall has said her son is so in love that he wouldn't mind if his royal fiancée 'worked at a Tesco checkout'.
Proud Linda Tindall described Princess Anne's daughter Zara Phillips, who is 13th in line to the throne, as 'a lovely girl' and 'perfect' for her boy.
With just two days to go before the couple's long-awaited wedding, the down-to-earth Yorkshirewoman said of the Queen's grand-daughter: 'He has a lovely girl, Zara is perfect for Mike.

Read more: Zara? He'd be happy if she worked as a Tesco checkout girl, says Mike Tindall's mum ahead of wedding | Mail Online

----------------

I hadn't realized that they have been dating for 7 years! Wow...can't wait until Saturday.

What I like about this are the quotes attributed to Mike's Parents:
'We have not met the Queen before but we've obviously met her parents. [Princess] Anne and Mark [Phillips, her ex-husband] were most welcoming and kind.
'We have met Princes William and Harry because they are fans of rugby. They sometimes come to parties that Mike's had, like his 30th birthday. They're very down to earth. But we haven't met any of the other Royal Family.
'We have always followed Mike's career and when he started to see Zara we started supporting her career too.
'In the closed season if he was going to support her in a three-day event, we would often go down to support her as well.
'We were at Aachen when she won the World Championships and have seen her lose and win the World Title.'
Mrs Tindall said that although the pair come from very different backgrounds, they share a stable upbringing which will bode well for their future.
The mother-of-two said: 'I think the stability and security has given Mike very strong family values, something I think we share with Zara's family.
'Mike's has now grown up into a well-balanced, thoughtful and caring young man. He has a lovely girl, Zara is perfect for Mike.'

Since Zara is in line to the throne then when she does assume the throne then mike will be a prince consort at the least. Right?

Since Zara is in line to the throne then when she does assume the throne then mike will be a prince consort at the least. Right?

Zara is in line to the throne, but unless something happens to Charles, William (and any potential children), Harry, Andrew, Beatrice, Eugenie, Edward, James, Louise, her mother and Peter and Savannah she WILL NOT be Queen. All of those listed have to not be available in order for Zara to be Queen. But if that was the case, one would assume that within a reasonable period of time....Mike would be a Prince Consort (after he is given another title of course).

At the conclusion of her wedding, Zara will be Zara Tindall, MBE. Though she will probably continue to go by Phillips professionally.

And that's about it.

The floral arrangements look beautiful so far, and I like the red carpet, and it seems there are two special chairs in the front of the church, most likely for the Queen and the D of E.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The only way Zara will ever be Queen is if a whole lot of people die ahead of her in line, which is beyond unlikely. Furthermore, she carries no title as the daughter of an untitled man, so Mike Tindall will have no title after they marry. As Zonk said, she'd be Zara Tindall, MBE, and that's it.

Why would you think Zara would be Queen one day anyway?

I'm going down the Canongate tomorrow to see how the land lies...

There is another big event tomorrow (Friday) close by - the Re-opening of the National Museum of Scotland.

Early warning for wedding crowds...
Early warning for wedding crowds - Scotsman.com

From Lothian and Borders Police:
"There will be crowd control and crowd safety measures put in place, including barriers, and some limited traffic restrictions.."
Lothian and Borders Police Homepage

Please share with us the aftermath! :flowers:
We have been told time and time again it will be a private event, but people will need to get inside the church somehow, right?
Even if just a quick glimpse of the bride and family!

I'm actually so nervous/excited. I always get like this for royal weddings. I wonder if we'll see them tomorrow when they arrive at the Royal Yacht Britannia. My that's going to bring back alot of memories especially for The Queen.

Last edited:
Any pics from the Britannia event?

As I type this it is 6.32 am Friday morning in London/Edinburgh so we have about another 12 - 14 hours to wait for the potential first photos of people arriving at that event to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom