The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The (predictable) Zara and Mike commemorative china thimbles have surfaced:

WEDDING - CANONGATE KIRK - Zara Philips & Mike Tindall | eBay UK

Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The City of Edinburgh Council is mounting a huge (and hugely expensive) operation to accommodate all the sightseers, photographers, and the like.

With respect, the burghers of Edinburgh won't be interested in "league tables" of who is in such and such a place. The wedding has "QUEEN" written all over it, and that's what people are interested in when all is said and done.
I am sure the local economy in Edinburgh will benefit considerably from the event, and all the people who will be out and about - presumably considerably more than what the council will spend.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The (predictable) Zara and Mike commemorative china thimbles have surfaced:

WEDDING - CANONGATE KIRK - Zara Philips & Mike Tindall | eBay UK
Wouldn't be a Windsor family wedding without something like this to commemorate it!

Is their wedding being shown on TV? Or are we just seeing highlights on the news?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Wouldn't be a Windsor family wedding without something like this to commemorate it!

Is their wedding being shown on TV? Or are we just seeing highlights on the news?

If I remember correctly we didn't see Peter's wedding on TV so I doubt if we will see Zara's. She is lower in the line of succession than Peter was at his wedding and is even lower now than she was when Peter married.

I doubt if we will even see Beatrice's and/or Eugenie's weddings.

I think the next British royal wedding we will see live will be Harry's and then none until William's kids start marrying.

It seems clear that the BRF seems to be moving to the idea that the public sees the major events associated with the direct line only - and this is in keeping with the reported idea of downsizing the royal family, which means seeing less of these events as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If I remember correctly we didn't see Peter's wedding on TV so I doubt if we will see Zara's. She is lower in the line of succession than Peter was at his wedding and is even lower now than she was when Peter married.

I think the next British royal wedding we will see live will be Harry's and then none until William's kids start marrying.

It seems clear that the BRF seems to be moving to the idea that the public sees the major events associated with the direct line only - and this is in keeping with the reported idea of downsizing the royal family, which means seeing less of these events as well.
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I think you'll find that Alex Salmond, our First Minister, will encourage Scots and Scotland to celebrate this wedding !
Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Courtier

I think we will see highlights on tv and there will be magazine interest but nothing like William. Harry will be single for awhile I think he seems to be in no rush. I do want to see what Zara wears!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

I don't know; they did televise royal weddings from Princess Margaret on, (maybe not to the same extent as William's but they did show them) including Princess Alexandra's, Anne's, Andrew's etc.

So they might show some of the others. Probably not Zara's since she's so far down in the line of succession, but I bet they'll show Beatrice's and Eugenie's.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Gentry

Anne`s wedding 1973 was the same extent as William's. Here in Germany we saw the wedding in full lenght. Andrew´s too.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conny View Post
Anne`s wedding 1973 was the same extent as William's. Here in Germany we saw the wedding in full lenght. Andrew´s too.

I meant because over 2 billion people watched William's, there were giant screens in Times Square, etc.
None of the other Royal weddings are apt to get that kind of massive coverage.

(I didn't mean others won't have the same pageantry and pomp.)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Anne and Andrew were children of The Queen. Zara is the eldest granddaughter with no title, there's no reason to have her wedding on television.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Based on some of the posts, I don't think anyone expect Zara's wedding to be on television as everyone is pretty much comparing it to Peter's which was small and non televised.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Conny I remember taking the day off from work in Cologne, and I claimed to be ill !!

Despite being in black and white, the ceremony still remains in my mind as a fairytale occasion.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

We got a day off work when Princess Anne married the first time. She was a lovely bride. I think her wedding gown is my all time favorite (except for my own, of course).
Old 06-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

I am setting up my mind to be ok with very little coverage, even if I would like a lot more!
I can see they releasing a pictures of them with the family , and one alone.
Anything else I will consider a bonus :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with everyone that I doubt we'll get any live coverage, just highlights in the News as we did with Peter's. Press cameras were not allowed into the church when Peter got married either, so I imagine the same will be said for Zara. I will be ok with that, as long as we get to see her dress and attendants dresses!

We saw coverage of Andrew, Anne and Edward because they were children of the Sovereign (even though Edward and Sophie had originally decided not to show live coverage until they were told otherwise), and William is future King so his wedding was big news; the same cannot be said for Beatrice or Eugenie. I imagine we MIGHT get coverage of their weddings, but they wont be on the same level as Williams. They might be small (small by Royal Family standards at least), family orientated weddings and most likely not at Westminster Abbey. (Having said that, they MAY well choose to get married there but it's likely they'd choose St George's Chapel like Edward and Sophie and Peter and Autumn.)
Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

I'm almost certain this won't be televised, but I'm still happy for the couple They're great for eachover My best wishes go to them.

As for Beatrice's and Eugenie's weddings, I can't see them being televised. I know that Princess Alexandra's was, but that was a different time. They are not of the direct line, so there just won't be as much interest. I could be wrong, though. We'll just have to wait and see...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

To be honest I doubt Zara and Mike would want or allow their wedding to be televised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
I am setting up my mind to be ok with very little coverage, even if I would like a lot more!
I can see they releasing a pictures of them with the family , and one alone.
Anything else I will consider a bonus :)
ITA!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Serene Highness

Nice article, at the end Zara talks about the preparations

Kate Middleton 'adored' by the Queen, reveals Zara Phillips - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Gentry

attendants?

I read the article and it does stress that it will be a much, much smaller private wedding. Have they announced who their attendants will be?? Even if it's just one lady and one man standing up with them??

I still say Peter would not have sold the wedding pictures to Hello if Granny hadn't approved.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips