Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Zara has a few spare bedrooms.. Freight Train Inc....if she looks really tired in the coming months we'll know!!!

More news from Edinburgh Council and Lothian and Borders Police:

"Council chiefs are hiring private security guards to help shepherd the crowds still expected to turn out.

Metal barriers will be erected beside the kirk and on nearby streets...."

So they've accepted that there will be crowds. What else did they expect ?
This is a royal (and VIP) wedding - private or not.

Since they have never met not exactly a huge surprise. I was wondering about her the other day! I think it is very sad her father has chosen to stay out of her life it was his mistake but she has suffered without a father because of it. She has done so well becoming a vet is hard work clearly the love of horses is in the blood! Less then two weeks to go...Zara must be busy with all the final arrangements and fittings. I am looking forward to it I really want to see what she wears.

It will possibly be a low key affair, although I cannot wait to see her gown. Stewart Parvin is a wonderful designer having dressed HM beautifully on numerous occasions. I think we are in for a classic and elegant choice again. Zara and Mike certainly do make a lovely couple.

Of course there'll be huge crowds!
Edward and Sophie got married at Windsor where it's possible to close off the area.

But I understand the Canongate Kirk is right in the heart of Edinburgh, where it will be difficult to contain the crowds.

Does anyone know if we will be able to watch this royal wedding? Online streaming anywhere?

Zara and Mike are so cute and they look so in love and happy. I hope we can watch their wedding somewhere :flowers:

I'm fairly certain that we in Scotland (and possibly even England) will be able to see at least some clips.

I am sure clips will all we will be seeing; we saw Peter and Autumn and the wedding guests leaving St George's Chapel after their wedding, so I imagine/hope we'll see the same for Zara's wedding. I would be quite happy with that and I agree with her wish to have a private wedding. It's her right.

:flowers:I have recently heard that Zara & Mike have been prevented, (by Buckingham Palace),from doing a magazine deal for $. to sell the rights to the wedding pictures.

If true, then I find this sad.

He is a "sports star" and other sports/celeb's can sell their pics.

Zara dosen't get any money from "the firm/public purse" ?? does she?

I would hope that people would be happy for them to get something for opening up part of their most precious and private day!!!

I understand why though, because the Queen and the family don't want to have to worry about being snapped during private moments. The Queen was not happy that Peter did it and made it very clear so I'm not surprised they said no! Zara can make money after her marriage maybe open up her home and release a picture or two of the wedding.

I am very sorry, there will be not a lot of pix !

:flowers:I have recently heard that Zara & Mike have been prevented, (by Buckingham Palace),from doing a magazine deal for $. to sell the rights to the wedding pictures.

If true, then I find this sad.

He is a "sports star" and other sports/celeb's can sell their pics.

Zara dosen't get any money from "the firm/public purse" ?? does she?

I would hope that people would be happy for them to get something for opening up part of their most precious and private day!!!

I read that too. I can understand why the Queen would prefer to keep the even private, but it would seem normal to give a discrete "gift" that was an equivalent amount to the young couple. They really shouldn't have to forgo that sum of money and the queen, if she feels so strongly about it, should compensate them.

Do you think that they would be pleased about congratulation cards, although the wedding should be as much private as can be?

Fascinator, I agree. Did Peter Phillips have to reneg on his Hello deal? No. Did he have to return the money? No. Zara and Mike should not be treated differently, whether HM approves or not. If they are getting no stipend or similar from the Crown or the government, they should be able to do what they like.

I think that if Zara & Michael wanted to share their happiness with their countrymen, they should have had right to do so.
They are both adult, financially independent and should make independent decisions.

Of course they have the right make a deal with Hello or some other magazine for exclusive rights to their wedding photos.

Their family also have the right to say - you do that we don't go to the wedding as we don't agree with one magazine having exclusive photos of the monarch/Head of State.

Choice - money or family - Zara has chosen her family.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the happy couple. I think it will be a beautiful wedding with a lovely classic gown. I wonder if Zara will wear a tiara? Thoughts that come to mind are the Princess Andrew of Greece's Meander Tiara which Princess Anne wore on numerous occasions in her younger days. A simple elegant piece which does look so attractive if worn well.

I think she will definitely wear a tiara, one likely borrowed from her mother. Even Autumm wore a tiara, though was it one borrowed from Anne or was it one of her own?

I would like to see her wear the same tiara that her mother and grandmother's wore at their weddings - thus making three generations (and then hopefully Zara's daughter/s as well).

Yes I agree, the Diamond Fringe Tiara would be a lovely choice as well.

What time will the wedding take place? And the reception?

The news article Renata posted mentioned that guests will party until the wee hours, so that implies an evening reception. (I hope so, at least, because then everyone will change into evening wear).

Also wonder if Harry will be an usher?
I read something to the effect that Zara is very close to her Wales cousins but not to her York cousins, so I don't expect Beatrice or Eugenie to be bridesmaids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom