The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
However, had he metabolised alcohol the way most people do he would have been better able to handle the car the next day - that is the point - because he has a slow metabolism (which he only found out after this happened) he was still just over the legal limit and thus impaired in his driving ability - normal people would have been fine as they would have metabolised the alcohol through their system and been less or even unimpaired by their night's driving.

After the first occasion he obviously had learnt and then when it happened the second time - and it was the next day - he wanted to find out what happened and thus found out about his slow metabolism - a sign of a sensible man who has found out about how his body works. Most people don't even know that alcohol metabolises at different rates in different people and thus just use the guidelines about when they can safely drive after drinking, as Mike did - but found out that for him those guidelines don't apply.
I get that he metabolizes slower, but to me that's not an excuse. Even if he initially thought he was okay, the fact that he was swerving and driving erratically would have made him realize that he was still impaired and in no condition to be behind the wheel of a car.

I think if he had learned his lesson from the first time, he would have parked the car and called someone to pick him up - not continue driving. I don't think he's a bad person, but I do think his choices showed a serious lack of judgement.

Quote:
His name appears below the figure of 20,000 which is why I think it could be a pre-arranged figure that had been signed off before the session started and when it was getting close they stopped and Mike signed off on the lot (it happens a lot at these sorts of functions where the party says - 'let us know when the bill reaches xxxxx' and that is it - a wise precaution about the drinking and the money being spent.
You might be right. At first I thought the difference was for the tip, but now I'm not so sure.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look rank has its privileges. They will be able to do, what others will be charged with and walk away. Judgement is only for the "common folk".

Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic with wedding suggestions and musings.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Commoner

I haven't seen any pictures of them, but the British media's confirmed them at Prince Philip's "do." I was a bit disappointed in the lack of photos from there, myself. :(

-- Linda
Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

15th June, 2011 - Zara and Mike in Scotland to finalise plans for big day
The couple flew into Edinburgh Airport to get sorted for the Big Day....

Royal Wedding two: Zara and Mike in Scotland to finalise plans for big day | Showbiz: Latest News | STV Entertainment
Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKRoyalsFan View Post
I haven't seen any pictures of them, but the British media's confirmed them at Prince Philip's "do." I was a bit disappointed in the lack of photos from there, myself. :(

-- Linda

I agree but that was Philip's wish - if he had had his way there wouldn't have been anything public at all about his milestone birthday - in other words we wouldn't have heard about any church service or the grandchildren taking him out to dinner.

There was a picture of Zara and of Peter with Autumn arriving at St George's. Mike was still in Florida I believe.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
15th June, 2011 - Zara and Mike in Scotland to finalise plans for big day
The couple flew into Edinburgh Airport to get sorted for the Big Day....

Royal Wedding two: Zara and Mike in Scotland to finalise plans for big day | Showbiz: Latest News | STV Entertainment
I really like the line that says "the guests are LIKELY to include Zara's mother, Princess Anne". Really? Who would have thought? But according to the article it's only LIKELY that she will be there.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

freetorhyme - thanks, you've made me laugh - and it's not even breakfast time !!

I'm not into gambling, but I think the likelihood of Anne arriving at the Kirk is - in my humble opinion - 100 percent.

The Wedding at the Canongate - a logistical nightmare ?

I've just come across the wedding this weekend of a German princess, Natalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, and it has given the city planners of Berleburg some headaches.

http://www.siegener-zeitung.de/a/463...ne-hindernisse
Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
I really like the line that says "the guests are LIKELY to include Zara's mother, Princess Anne". Really? Who would have thought? But according to the article it's only LIKELY that she will be there.

But no mention of the other person whom I would say 100% will be there - the man on whose arm she will enter the Kirk - her father.

It is only likely of course that her mother, grandmother, stepfather, grandfather and other maternal relatives will attend.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Could it be that Zara may spurn her father's arm and walk (or skip ?) along the aisle alone and unfettered ?

I would put a lot past her....
Old 06-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Why would she not walk down the aisle with her father? They're close aren't they.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why would she not walk down the aisle with her father? They're close aren't they.

From all reports that I have read they are very close.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

How much is the wedding ?

Minimum donation to the Kirk - £ 200

£ 25 for Kirk officer

£ 75 for organist

Firm suggestion to please leave flowers for Sunday

Request to fill in a Gift Aid Form

Sorted.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Serene Highness

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall royal wedding: 'I got down on one knee to propose' | Mail Online

really enjoy reading it, he looks like a really nice chap!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

That's a great read.

From speaking to a few people who do know him, as they are part of the rugby world, he is a great bloke.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Great interview
I wish them more luck and happiness
Old 06-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
I'm close to my dad, but I'll choose to walk down the aisle with my husband to be- I've personally always felt the concept of being given away is creepy and patriarchal- but that's me.

I think Zara will probably go traditional and walk with her dad, but really, whatever she wants to do is fine
Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't wait for the Canongate wedding. It'll involve turning up early, with hip flask and - of course - brolly.

It's an "intimate" wedding, with the whole world watching.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I can't wait for the Canongate wedding. It'll involve turning up early, with hip flask and - of course - brolly.

It's an "intimate" wedding, with the whole world watching.

I don't know about the 'whole world' watching as there won't be the TV coverage that William had - a glimpse as she arrives and they leave will be all the world not outside the church will get - as happened with Peter's wedding. She is now even lower in the line of succession than she was when she announced her engagement (given the birth of Savannah happened after that announcement) and she will only move further down over the next decade - with which time I expect her to move down to about 20th - 2 children each for William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenia and another for Peter with the Queen still on the throne would see her move from her current 13th to 22nd.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

The City of Edinburgh Council is mounting a huge (and hugely expensive) operation to accommodate all the sightseers, photographers, and the like.

With respect, the burghers of Edinburgh won't be interested in "league tables" of who is in such and such a place. The wedding has "QUEEN" written all over it, and that's what people are interested in when all is said and done.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips