Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.

You may use this thread to discuss a variety of issues that relate to the wedding: the dress for Zara, the location of the wedding, the music, attendants, etc.

A separate pre-wedding thread will be opened when a date is set and the Royal Family starts releasing official news regarding the wedding.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Warren, Wbenson & Zonk

British Forums moderators

:royalstandard:

Though I think its great and all, when would they have the time? Between his club schedule... and the olympics coming up for her... I tend to think that they will save the planning for later in the year and mark the big day for sometime in LATE 2011 or even in 2012.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just slot in a low-key event to fit in with their other arrangements and don't make the wedding a priority. They may even be taking advantage of the greater publicity being given to William and Kate's nuptials hoping it will draw attention away from their plans so they can just get on with their lives.

In eventing the summer is the busiest time, so an autumn wedding would be good for Zara's schedule. I don't know about the rugby season. Maybe someone could enlighten me?

Would Fall of 2011 fit into their schedules?

Has a thread been set up for tiara suggestions? Well my two cents: either the Greek Key (Meander) tiara (gorgeous!) or the fringe (a nice tradition for all in the female line to wear it on their wedding days).

I quite like the idea of the fringe tiara becoming the traditional wedding tiara. But as it is part of the Royal Collection and HM might not want to loan it to her granddaughters.
Another option would be Princess Anne's festoon tiara, which was worn by Autumn Philips. Then there is the Cartier aquamarine tiara which Princess Anne wore fairly often. Afaik it is not definitely known if she owns this tiara or if it is a long term loan. But coloured stones aren't the best for wedding tiaras anyway.
Personally I think she will choose the Greek key tiara. It seems to suit her personal style best. And it would be nice if it will be passed on to Zara one day, while Autumn gets the festoon tiara which she wore at her wedding.

Great to hear they finally got engaged and there are two royal MBEs now! I am curious what kind of wedding this will be since their sports circles and the royal circle will have to be combined. I think the public part will be rather low key, but not the private part. It wont only be a royal wedding but also a celebrity wedding, considering some of the invitees from the sports circle. Plus, taking in consideration the various incidents that happened in the past, its a safe guess that there will be some chavy and gross people at the wedding who are used to some wild partying.

So my guess is there will be a nice ceremony and show off for the public incl HM etc and then the doors will close and the fun will start with people getting hammered and falling off chairs :)

I think:

St George's Chapel Windsor
Some time in late May or late June (Zara is 30 on 15 May)
Bridesmaids ... does Mike have any brothers/sisters/cousins?

I am excited to see her dress too since I've always personally liked her style and it would not surprise me in the least if she didn't wear a tiara....

Autumn 2011 should see Mike rather busy - the Rugby World Cup is on in New Zealand from September to October. The England squad would be expected at least a couple of weeks before that.

The late winter and spring has the Six Nations tournament as well. There is also a series of tests between northern hemisphere countries in August as lead up matches to the World Cup. That to me would rule out August, September and October.

So early spring, summer and early autumn will see both of them involved in their respective sports.

This wedding may be a very low key event with small windows due to their commitments.

Last edited:
They could leave all the planning to their families and wedding planners. Then they would only need one free weekend and hope that none of them has a black eye from an sports accident! That would look appalling on the pictures:ROFLMAO::lol:!

Well, I think we know it definitely won't be as big as Williams.

So no St. Pauls Cathederal and maybe not Westminister Abbey. Although the Abbey does do smaller weddings. So that is possible. I wonder if there are not too small but large churches where they live? Is it Gloucestershire?

And we don't have to worry about a large contingent of foreign royals...although I can see the Greeks and maybe the Norwegians. Since Anne is Haakon's godmother but since she didn't go to his and they didn't come to Peter's that is probably not going to happen either.

ETA: As for bridesmaids I can see Zara's younger half sister (is it Stephanie) who was in Peter's wedding.

Last edited:
Well, I think we know it definitely won't be as big as Williams.

So no St. Pauls Cathederal and maybe not Westminister Abbey. Although the Abbey does do smaller weddings. So that is possible. I wonder if there are not too small but large churches where they live? Is it Gloucestershire?

And we don't have to worry about a large contingent of foreign royals...although I can see the Greeks and maybe the Norwegians. Since Anne is Haakon's godmother but since she didn't go to his and they didn't come to Peter's that is probably not going to happen either.

ETA: As for bridesmaids I can see Zara's younger half sister (is it Stephanie) who was in Peter's wedding.

I suspect St George's with lots of sporting people - including the entire England Lions squad as well as others from other teams and sports. Obviously a number of leading equestrians from around the world as well.

I wouldn't expect any foreign royals - as Zara isn't royal herself. The Greeks live in London and are on good terms with the British royals. I wouldn't expect any politicians etc either - just family and friends of the couple.

My guess is St. George's Chapel, possibly in early autumn.

St Georges
On HM wedding anniversary in November
Dress will be no fuss, no frills and, if someone doesn't keep an eye on Zara, off the High Street!

My guess is St. George's Chapel, possibly in early autumn.

Mike won't be there if it is early autumn as he will be in New Zealand (at least he hopes he will be) for September and large part of October as the rugby World Cup is on then. He will also be involved in a number of Rugby tests in August in the lead up to the World Cup. The World Cup is from the 9th September to 23rd October. Official RWC 2011 Site - Home

I suspect either a summer wedding or winter or possibly the engagement could be a long one with the wedding delayed until 2012. June next year will also see the 90th birthday celebrations for Philip which limits the days a bit in summer as well. In addition somewhere in there Beatrice should graduate from uni and I wonder if the Queen will honour her granddaughter's graduation - probably not but she did go to William's... Regardless it would be another day or so off the calendar as surely they would expect the Yorks to attend the wedding whereas they will be at the graduation. Yes I know it is only one day here and there but they don't want to crowd the calendar too much.

As they live in Gloucestershire I wonder if they would think about using Gloucester Cathedral, for a change. She isn't royal so there is no need for a royal venue. Gloucester Cathedral - Home

Last edited:
Iluvbertie said:
Mike won't be there if it is early autumn as he will be in New Zealand (at least he hopes he will be) for September and large part of October as the rugby World Cup is on then. He will also be involved in a number of Rugby tests in August in the lead up to the World Cup. The World Cup is from the 9th September to 23rd October. Official RWC 2011 Site - Home

I suspect either a summer wedding or winter or possibly the engagement could be a long one with the wedding delayed until 2012. June next year will also see the 90th birthday celebrations for Philip which limits the days a bit in summer as well.

As they live in Gloucestershire I wonder if they would think about using Gloucester Cathedral, for a change. She isn't royal so there is no need for a royal venue. Gloucester Cathedral - Home

Possibly it also depends on if Zara makes the 2012 Olympic team

They may well marry at St George's but Queen's Chapel, in St James's Palace in Central London may be taken into consideration as well.

Though I think Gloucester Cathedral is a good suggestion as well.

They may well marry at St George's but Queen's Chapel, in St James's Palace in Central London may be taken into consideration as well.

Though I think Gloucester Cathedral is a good suggestion as well.

I have been in the Queen's Chapel and I would say it is way too small. The Chapel Royal at St James' may be a possibility.

Probably a stupid question, but there's no chance of the Queen offering Mike Tindall an earldom or some kind of peerage is there? I am 99% certain it won't happen, but I'd rather ask people who'd know better than me in order to be 100% certain about anything.

Probably a stupid question, but there's no chance of the Queen offering Mike Tindall an earldom or some kind of peerage is there? I am 99% certain it won't happen, but I'd rather ask people who'd know better than me in order to be 100% certain about anything.

My two cents is that since Mark Phillips turned down a title and none was offered to Peter Phillips (that I know of), there is no chance that Mike Tindall would be offered one. :flowers:

I'm hoping for the Greek Meander Tiara - I think it would lovely on her. I'm also hoping for an early winter wedding. I thought they looked great in the snow for their engagement photos so a winter wedding would suit them too. I also see them selling the rights to their wedding, like Peter and Autumn did, and I see nothing wrong with it. Give the celebrity factor involved (Mike being a sports star and all of his teammates likely to be at the wedding), plus the fact that they have to work for a living, it makes sense to sell the rights if magazines are interested.

I'm hoping for the Greek Meander Tiara - I think it would lovely on her. I'm also hoping for an early winter wedding. I thought they looked great in the snow for their engagement photos so a winter wedding would suit them too. I also see them selling the rights to their wedding, like Peter and Autumn did, and I see nothing wrong with it. Give the celebrity factor involved (Mike being a sports star and all of his teammates likely to be at the wedding), plus the fact that they have to work for a living, it makes sense to sell the rights if magazines are interested.

I don't see them selling the rights to the wedding as the Queen was very displeased with Peter doing it and she, Philip, Charles and Camilla refused to be in any of the ones taken for that purpose. They are in the ones on the steps of St Georges but they were for anyone.

I just wonder...

Would it be all right, if Ms.Philips decided not to wear a tiara. Technically speaking, she is a commoner, whose mother happens to be Princess.

Last edited:
I think we will see anything but a traditional royal wedding and I can very well imagine Zara marrying without a tiara.
But maybe they will surprise me. :)

Should be fun I'm excited to see what they'll do and when they'll do it. I'd love a winter wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom