Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked because in earlier times a bridesmaid and a best man had to be unmarried; there was even a superstition "three times a bridesmaid, never a bride" (the same referred to men, I suppose)

Can someone give me an update on the date and wedding location? :)

Also, will she have a "royal" wedding? Just wondering if she'll wear a tiara and all that.

30 July, Canongate Kirk, Edinburgh.

Can someone give me an update on the date and wedding location? :)

Also, will she have a "royal" wedding? Just wondering if she'll wear a tiara and all that.

She may wear a tiara - the one her mother and grandmother wore on their wedding days is possible.

Will we see much - not really - arrival and leaving but not the service itself I suspect.

Possible tiaras I'd wager on:
1. The Fringe tiara that was worn by Zara's mother and grandmother on their wedding days (following a family tradition)
2. The Greek Meander tiara that belonged to Prince Phillip's mother (honoring the other side of the family)
3. Princess Anne's Festoon tiara (same one worn by Autumn Phillips?)
4. Princess Anne's Aquamarine tiara (something blue)
5. Queen Mary's 'Girls of Great Britian and Ireland' Tiara (following a tradition of passing it down from grandmother to granddaughter)

Right now I'm leaning towards #1 or #2, with #5 as the long shot. But QEII could also pull something out of the vaults and surprise us all, like she did with Sophie Wessex and Catherine Middleton.

I'll be surprised if Zara does the tiara thing, it would be lovely to see her in one but I don't think she'll wear one.

I'll be surprised if Zara does the tiara thing, it would be lovely to see her in one but I don't think she'll wear one.

Maybe she'll opt for a wedding hat?

That's a growing trend, and seems to fit her style (I loved the hat she wore for William and Catherine's wedding).

They maybe a growing trend in non royal weddings but, Zara wearing a hat to her royal wedding. No-no IMO.

Interesting- because I'll be surprised if she does not wear a tiara! Except for Camilla (for obvious reasons), we have seen tiaras on heads of all women marrying into the main royal family (Autumn, Serena, Kate, Sophie, Sarah, Diana)over the past 30 years. Since Zara is royal by birth, I think there is even more reason that she will wear a tiara!

For me, the question is which one. While I would love to see her carry on tradition and wear the Fringe, I wonder if she will choose something smaller and more simple. Are there any tiaras in the royal collection that have Scottish connections?

If Autumn wore a tiara, then I would be very surprised if Zara did not borrow one for her own wedding.

I would be surprised if Zara did wear a tiara. She is pretty independent.

She will wear the same tiara worn by her grandmother and her mother. Remember she is the Queen's first granddaughter to be married. Beatrice and Eugenie will wear some design not yet found in nature on their heads -- if their head gear at William's wedding is any indication. JMHO

I hope, if it's a strapless dress, that Zara remembers her tan lines! She looked so awful at Peter's wedding with those tan lines! She's a beautiful woman.

I know little boys are very unpredictable, but I hope Lady Louise AND her little brother, James are in the wedding. And, I hope they release a few more photos. I was disappointed that they did not release and huge "mob" photo of ALL the Royal Family who attended William's wedding.

I have no idea if either Zara or Mike have any Godchildren, but that does seem to be a fairly obvious list to choose from--all of Edward's attendants were Godchildren.

This is one wedding I'm looking forward to !
I live in the centre of Edinburgh, close to Holyrood House, the Scottish Parliament, and, of course, Canongate Kirk.

Here are some more pictures from Wikipedia:

Kirk of the Canongate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David Rizzio, the secretary of Mary Queen of Scots, was murdered, and buried at this church.

Last edited:
Perhaps, Autumn Phillips, Pss Beatrice, Pss Eugenie, Lady Louise and perhaps some close friends of Zara Phillips shall be her bridesmaids and perhaps, some of Mike Tindall's rugby team mates shall also be in the wedding party.

I wonder which varieties of flowers and foliage along with colour schemes shall be used for Canongate Kirk and for the reception at Holyrood house.

I wonder which music shall be played at the service and at the reception.

Also, I wonder which flavours shall be used for the wedding cake and which types of cuisine shall be chosen for the wedding reception.

Also, which style of wedding dress shall be chosen?

Also, which tailor shall Mike and members of his wedding party and his family choose for the wedding?

Also, where and when Zara and Mike shall have their stag and hen festivities?

Also, will Zara's wedding ring be made from Welsh gold and which jeweller shall be commissioned to make the ring(s)?

Shall Mike wear a wedding ring?

I hope the Russian Fringe tiara shall be worn or Queen Mary's tiara or the Cambridge Lover's knot tiara.

Are there any tiaras in the royal collection that have Scottish connections?

The only tiara I can think of is the Stathmore Rose , Zara may want to wear this as a tribute/in memory of her GT Grandmother.
Im not sure if there are any tiaras in the Crown Jewels of Scotland . Can our Scottish correspondents help with this? :)

Zara, regardless of her lack of title, was born a royal. Her grandmother is the Queen for God's sake! She may be independent but I think she is very, very respectful of the royal family and her grandmother. In one interview I remember her saying that she curtseyed to her grandmother upon seeing her for the first time on a day (no curtsey later in the day). Her non-royal sister-in-law wore a tiara. Trust me ... she will wear one and I suspect it will be the same one worn by her grandmother and mother.

You don't have to be Royal to wear a tiara. I don't know whether she will use one from the family collection but if her grandmother permits it, why not?

Possible tiaras I'd wager on:
1. The Fringe tiara that was worn by Zara's mother and grandmother on their wedding days (following a family tradition)
2. The Greek Meander tiara that belonged to Prince Phillip's mother (honoring the other side of the family)
3. Princess Anne's Festoon tiara (same one worn by Autumn Phillips?)
4. Princess Anne's Aquamarine tiara (something blue)
5. Queen Mary's 'Girls of Great Britian and Ireland' Tiara (following a tradition of passing it down from grandmother to granddaughter)

Right now I'm leaning towards #1 or #2, with #5 as the long shot. But QEII could also pull something out of the vaults and surprise us all, like she did with Sophie Wessex and Catherine Middleton.

I think there is a strong possibility of the Greek Meander tiara being worn by Zara at her wedding. A second option, though less likely, might be Festoon tiara. I would be surprised if the Fringe was used.

Perhaps, Autumn Phillips, Pss Beatrice, Pss Eugenie, Lady Louise and perhaps some close friends of Zara Phillips shall be her bridesmaids and perhaps, some of Mike Tindall's rugby team mates shall also be in the wedding party.

I wonder which varieties of flowers and foliage along with colour schemes shall be used for Canongate Kirk and for the reception at Holyrood house.

I wonder which music shall be played at the service and at the reception.

Also, I wonder which flavours shall be used for the wedding cake and which types of cuisine shall be chosen for the wedding reception.

Also, which style of wedding dress shall be chosen?

Also, which tailor shall Mike and members of his wedding party and his family choose for the wedding?

Also, where and when Zara and Mike shall have their stag and hen festivities?

Also, will Zara's wedding ring be made from Welsh gold and which jeweller shall be commissioned to make the ring(s)?

Shall Mike wear a wedding ring?

I hope the Russian Fringe tiara shall be worn or Queen Mary's tiara or the Cambridge Lover's knot tiara.

My guesses on some of your questions:

1) Cuisine: I am sure there will be a nod to Scotland in the menu for the evening. IMO, expect quite a lot of produce from Balmoral and the other royal estates

2) Details of hen and stag do's are unlikely to be made available

3) Wedding ring(s) unlikely to be from "the nugget" of Welsh gold

4) Which of Queen Mary's tiaras are you referring to? She had a fair few.

5) The Lovers Knot is unlikely to be used for Zara - the next users of it are likely to the Duchess of Cambridge or Harry's wife.

A Scottish glossy magazine has labelled Zara's wedding as "the lonely wedding"...

We are NOT amused .....

In the sense of, apparently, having her wedding regarded as not as important.

I don't understand? They're calling it lonely because Zara finds it unimportant?

No, it appears that they are trying to start something or make some type of comparison to William's wedding.

Zara's wedding will be lonely because its being upstaged and not given the same importance in regards to attention and pomp and circumstance as William's wedding.

Which is ridiculous IMO as William and Zara obviously have different roles in the BRF and based on Zara's low key lifestyle, Zara's wedding is probably more public than she wants to be.

Oh, I understand. Well you said it Zonk, Zara probably wishes to have a "lonely" wedding due to her low key lifestyle.

But we all know that she will not get a "quiet" wedding. To start with, the burghers of Edinburgh (of which I'm one) will want to see "their" wedding ceremony involving the Queen, and held in the Queen's parish church.

And, after two very high profile weddings (PA, Wills), the general public will have retained plenty of appetite for royal/aristo/serene weddings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom