Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im looking forward to their wedding, does anyone know if it will be live on the web?

im looking forward to their wedding, does anyone know if it will be live on the web?

I doubt if any more than the arrival at the church and the leaving from the church will be live any where. For Peter's wedding that was all that we saw and Zara is lower in the line of succession than Peter. She isn't a princess or actually royal - according to her mother 'My children aren't royal - they just have The Queen as a grandmother'.

But Zara and Mike Tindall are a bit more high-profile than Peter was, so there might be more press coverage.

But Zara and Mike Tindall are a bit more high-profile than Peter was, so there might be more press coverage.

There probably would be coverage, but I supect it would be limited to catching images of the couple and congregation arriving and leaving. There will probably be no coverage inside the church or the party.

More press coverage in the sense of more press outlets carrying something yes - but more actual coverage - no - as I simply don't see the interest in the media outlets paying the cost of TV coverage - or of the royals allowing another televised wedding this year. As there was no coverage after the balcony of William's wedding I wouldn't expect any coverage after they leave the streets of Edinburgh and enter Holyrood House - no balcony or anything like that.

With Peter we saw them arrive at the church and leave the church and nothing from then on - except for the spread in Hello, which I believe a similar idea for Zara's wedding has already been squashed.

Kate Middleton 'adored' by the Queen, reveals Zara Phillips - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk

This article - also linked to in a previous post - has Zara saying the wedding will be very different to William and Kate's with just family and close friends and a palace spokesman also saying that it would be a private wedding. It is also in this article where the ubiquitous palace spokesperson says that the Queen has warned them not to make any deal with glossy magazines ala Peter's Hello deal.

Hhhhmmmm.... don't forget this is a Scottish wedding. Princess Anne, the bride's mother, is very Scottish, in fact she is seen as Scotlands favourite royal (apart from the Queen).

Hhhhmmmm.... don't forget this is a Scottish wedding. Princess Anne, the bride's mother, is very Scottish, in fact she is seen as Scotlands favourite royal (apart from the Queen).

True, I wonder if they'll incorporate touches like using tartan?

(I know the men like Charles often wear kilts, but perhaps that isn't considered suitable for weddings?)

The wedding will be in Edinburgh, though not sure if it will be a Scottish wedding. Actually, what is a Scottish wedding, and how might it be distinct from an English one (other than being a CoE vs a CoS ceremony)?

I think it might be several weddings - a Scottish one, an aristo one, a sporting one, an Edinburgh/Holyrood one.

Something for everyone.

True, I wonder if they'll incorporate touches like using tartan?

(I know the men like Charles often wear kilts, but perhaps that isn't considered suitable for weddings?)

Kilty outfits on men are considered (what I've always heard) is black tie in Scotland. Although women do wear tartan skirts, they do not wear kilts, they wear sashes for formal occasions.

Renata, clue me in if this isn't correct.

1) Tartan Wedding?
Correct, Kitty.
Tartan is very trendy and has been for at least ten years...probably longer.
Tindall may well wear a kilt, but he's English, Yorkshire in fact. My guess is, he might.

2) The First Minister of Scotland has just made a remark to HM during his address about the forthcoming wedding of Zara and Mike.

That well and truly lets the cat out of the bag.

I'm not sure if Mike will wear a kilt, as he's English and probably has never worn one before. But I guess it's likely to see the DoE and PoW in their tartans, maybe a couple of other guests as well. It certainly would be a nice guesture.

Just checked, and Mike is from Otley, Leeds, in West Yorkshire.

Last edited:
It would be nice if the bridesmaids wore tartan sashes, too.

After hanging out at the Parliament today, I went back up Canongate, and in the church I saw a bevy of workmen, mainly painters. I was the only person there, and they waved to me :)

The wedding is only a couple of weeks ago I find it hard to believe it wasn't decided a long time ago. Do we think it will be white or a colour? I remember seeing Zara in a lovely green bridesmaid dress a few years ago. Some colour would be nice I don't get all the cream and white bridesmaids outfits. Is this an upper class thing? Does anyone know why it is done? The only one wearing white over here should really be the bride so seeing bridesmaids in white is generally not done. Cause I watch a lot of wedding shows done in england and usually the bridesmaids are in colours other then white.

I agree that they should have chosen the colour by now but was commenting on the bit in the article that said that they don't know the colour of the waistcoats because the colour for the bridesmaids' dresses hasn't been chosen.

White bridesmaids are traditional at royal weddings but not at others I think. Although when I was a bridesmaid twice in the 80s we wore white both times - the first because the bride wanted us in pink which I simply refused to wear so we chose white with large pink bows and pink embroidery - looked fine and the dress could be reworn without the bow and the second because the bride decided to wear a colour instead - she wore a deep red.

Isn't it interesting to see the differences in wedding traditions according to the location and culture. This world is such a diverse place.

Do we know why the royalty choose white for the bridesmaids? The sash is usually a colour. Although Sarah had peachy colour flowergirls from memory and no bridesmaids. Do we know if Zara has any flowergirls? Is Lady Louise one again? She was so cute at Williams wedding.

Do we know why the royalty choose white for the bridesmaids? The sash is usually a colour. Although Sarah had peachy colour flowergirls from memory and no bridesmaids. Do we know if Zara has any flowergirls? Is Lady Louise one again? She was so cute at Williams wedding.

The only attendent who has been named has been the best man.

The Queen visited Canongate Kirk on Sunday. It's her parish church when she's staying at Holyrood.
There was a large-ish number of "fans".....

There's a YouTube clip on the "Queen Elizabeth/DoE Current" if you want to see the church...

The Queen visited Canongate Kirk on Sunday. It's her parish church when she's staying at Holyrood.
There was a large-ish number of "fans".....

There's a YouTube clip on the "Queen Elizabeth/DoE Current" if you want to see the church...

It's such a pretty church. I'm not surprised Zara chose it.

More details on the upcoming nuptials :D!

Zara Phillips’ wedding hair revealed: French roll with a modern twist

Zara Phillips

(*I'm posting her but fell free to move to the wedding thread)

The Jacobites and others had a favourite folksong:

As i cam doun the Canongate, the Canongate, the Canongate,
As i cam doun the Canongate, I hear a lassie sing:

Merry may the keel rowe
That my true love is in.

The Lasses o' the Canongate
Oh they are wondrous nice
They winna gie a single kiss
But for a double price

Mia mae, thanks for the image of Zara's potential wedding coiffure...

I doubt they would reveal the real thing before the event.

Zara Phillips

Massive security operation begins.....

"Despite the wedding being a "private event", city leaders will see the ceremony as an opportunity to promote Scotland's Capital, and build on the success of last year's visit there by Pope Benedict XVI....

....Television images of the bride and her wedding party making their way down Edinburgh's famous "Royal Mile" and into the church will showcase the Capital's famous sites....

Royal Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Massive security operation begins | Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom