The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

As they have known the date for ages I am sure that they will be there, although William didn't go to Peter's wedding so maybe he won't go to Zara's either, but I doubt it.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He had a prior wedding when Peters occured - it hasn't been said that something else coincides with Zara's wedding.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Canongate traders face two day closure for the wedding....

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...edding-KO.html

Getting to know the Canongate.....

mp3cityguides - Downloadable Walking Tours
Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

Edinburgh's Canongate Kirk on the Royal Mile - Pictures - Zimbio
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Majesty

It says on Zara's wiki that she was engaged before to Richard Johnson.Is that true?She seemed very young at the time.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Richard J. was a jump jockey.

BBC SPORT | JOCKEY PROFILES | Richard Johnson
Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
It says on Zara's wiki that she was engaged before to Richard Johnson.Is that true?She seemed very young at the time.

They were never officially engaged in that there was no announcement or permission given from the Queen. That said they may have had an understanding.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently, an Edinburgh couple had booked the Kirk for July 30th, but the minister, Neil Gardner, asked them to make way for Zara and Mike.

Is Scotland getting a royal wedding this summer? | Edinburgh News | STV Local
Old 05-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently Lothian and Borders Police are trying to appease the traders on Canongate and High Street.

Here's the Press Release "Reassurance to Edinburgh Traders": "Full consultation will be carried out".

Press Release - Reassurance to Edinburgh Traders - Lothian and Borders Police

Article on the Canongate with good pics:
Best of Edinburgh Attractions - A Walk Down the Royal Mile : The Canongate
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Apparently, an Edinburgh couple had booked the Kirk for July 30th, but the minister, Neil Gardner, asked them to make way for Zara and Mike.

Is Scotland getting a royal wedding this summer? | Edinburgh News | STV Local

This was reported at the time of the first speculation about where and when Zara would be marrying as the couple, if I remember correctly, came out and said that they had been asked to change their venue. It was some time after those first reports from this angle that there was confirmation about the date and venue.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Apparently Lothian and Borders Police are trying to appease the traders on Canongate and High Street.

Here's the Press Release "Reassurance to Edinburgh Traders": "Full consultation will be carried out".

Press Release - Reassurance to Edinburgh Traders - Lothian and Borders Police

Article on the Canongate with good pics:
Best of Edinburgh Attractions - A Walk Down the Royal Mile : The Canongate

Unless they are expecting a very large crowd and/or there are reports of suspected violent activities then there probably is no reason for the shopkeepers to close - but rather an opportunity to stay open and make a profit from the day.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The Scotsman: "Extra cash spent on Zara Phillips wedding"

"...The city council will face a hefty bill that it had no budgeted for as a result of Zara Phillips and England rugby star Mike Tindall choosing the Capital for their wedding".

City of Edinburgh Council Report on the Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall in Canongate Kirk on 30 July 2011:

Policy and Strategy Committee - 17 May 2011 - City of Edinburgh Council

"Crowd management will be required"
"Lothian and Borders Police will mount a major security operation"
"Significant work will be undertaken by the Council and Police to facilitate this wedding"

Extra cash spent on Zara Phillips wedding - Edinburgh Evening News
Old 06-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Zara Phillips' royal wedding: Pressure's on for a Kate Middleton style makeover | Mail Online
Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks a lot, Angieuk - you've had me in stitches over my breakfast - and it's not even 9 am yet...

Quotable quotes:
"Fashion is just not Miss Phillips' forte"
"She has lusty good looks on her side"

---and more...
Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

There's very little about the wedding arrangements yet.
Considering it's next month, you'd think there'd have been more press by now!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Serene Highness

I guess they're trying to keep this a low key event, although I would LOVE, for the ceremony to be broadcasted live, even if only on youtube, but, that will probably never happen! :(
Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Yeah that so not going to happen

I think in comparisons to recent royal weddings (since technically Zara isn't royal per se just a member of the royal family) we will have to go off Peter's. At this point, I don't believe we knew much at his (and honestly, we still don't know).

Most likely there will be an announcement the day of (or before) of the bridal attendants, hymns, etc. We will see the BRF when they arrive at the church, when they leave the church, and whatever picture is released by BP.

I am thinking that is about it.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

I think if BP even releases any info we're lucky, I don't know if they released ceremony info for Peter's wedding, but if they do at this one, I would be more than happy!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Gentry

I am so excited for this wedding even more so that I was for William and Kate. Zara is one of my favorites.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: outfits revealed | Showbiz: Latest News | STV Entertainment

Closed Thread

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips