The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

You don't have to be Royal to wear a tiara. I don't know whether she will use one from the family collection but if her grandmother permits it, why not?

Old 05-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Possible tiaras I'd wager on:
1. The Fringe tiara that was worn by Zara's mother and grandmother on their wedding days (following a family tradition)
2. The Greek Meander tiara that belonged to Prince Phillip's mother (honoring the other side of the family)
3. Princess Anne's Festoon tiara (same one worn by Autumn Phillips?)
4. Princess Anne's Aquamarine tiara (something blue)
5. Queen Mary's 'Girls of Great Britian and Ireland' Tiara (following a tradition of passing it down from grandmother to granddaughter)

Right now I'm leaning towards #1 or #2, with #5 as the long shot. But QEII could also pull something out of the vaults and surprise us all, like she did with Sophie Wessex and Catherine Middleton.
I think there is a strong possibility of the Greek Meander tiara being worn by Zara at her wedding. A second option, though less likely, might be Festoon tiara. I would be surprised if the Fringe was used.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
Perhaps, Autumn Phillips, Pss Beatrice, Pss Eugenie, Lady Louise and perhaps some close friends of Zara Phillips shall be her bridesmaids and perhaps, some of Mike Tindall's rugby team mates shall also be in the wedding party.

I wonder which varieties of flowers and foliage along with colour schemes shall be used for Canongate Kirk and for the reception at Holyrood house.

I wonder which music shall be played at the service and at the reception.

Also, I wonder which flavours shall be used for the wedding cake and which types of cuisine shall be chosen for the wedding reception.

Also, which style of wedding dress shall be chosen?

Also, which tailor shall Mike and members of his wedding party and his family choose for the wedding?

Also, where and when Zara and Mike shall have their stag and hen festivities?

Also, will Zara's wedding ring be made from Welsh gold and which jeweller shall be commissioned to make the ring(s)?

Shall Mike wear a wedding ring?

I hope the Russian Fringe tiara shall be worn or Queen Mary's tiara or the Cambridge Lover's knot tiara.
My guesses on some of your questions:

1) Cuisine: I am sure there will be a nod to Scotland in the menu for the evening. IMO, expect quite a lot of produce from Balmoral and the other royal estates

2) Details of hen and stag do's are unlikely to be made available

3) Wedding ring(s) unlikely to be from "the nugget" of Welsh gold

4) Which of Queen Mary's tiaras are you referring to? She had a fair few.

5) The Lovers Knot is unlikely to be used for Zara - the next users of it are likely to the Duchess of Cambridge or Harry's wife.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

A Scottish glossy magazine has labelled Zara's wedding as "the lonely wedding"...

We are NOT amused .....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

In what sense "lonely"?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

In the sense of, apparently, having her wedding regarded as not as important.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't understand? They're calling it lonely because Zara finds it unimportant?
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Administrator

No, it appears that they are trying to start something or make some type of comparison to William's wedding.

Zara's wedding will be lonely because its being upstaged and not given the same importance in regards to attention and pomp and circumstance as William's wedding.

Which is ridiculous IMO as William and Zara obviously have different roles in the BRF and based on Zara's low key lifestyle, Zara's wedding is probably more public than she wants to be.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Oh, I understand. Well you said it Zonk, Zara probably wishes to have a "lonely" wedding due to her low key lifestyle.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

But we all know that she will not get a "quiet" wedding. To start with, the burghers of Edinburgh (of which I'm one) will want to see "their" wedding ceremony involving the Queen, and held in the Queen's parish church.

And, after two very high profile weddings (PA, Wills), the general public will have retained plenty of appetite for royal/aristo/serene weddings.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think she will get the quiet wedding she wants, apart from the people who live around the area - I don't see many people travelling to see Zara, Mike or the rest of the BRF. It won't be televised, we'll get whatever pictures are taken in next weeks Hello! Compared to every other royal wedding - even compared to her brothers - this will be a quiet wedding. Zara has obviously organised this wedding to be "quiet".
Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Basically all that will be shown is the arrival of the senior royals and the bride and then again when they leave.

There won't be any coverage inside the church, no balcony scene with millions of people in the streets etc.

It will be more like a normal wedding with a bit of coverage of arrivals and departures from the church.

I don't think there will be anything extra in Hello after the criticism that Peter received for selling the pictures to one magazine.

Unfortunately I do think that an inordinate amount of coverage will focus on Kate as the new royal - possibly even more than the bride. The same think will happen at Philip's 90th - most of the international coverage will be on Kate and how she handled herself rather than on honouring the service of the man himself - I am not saying there won't be coverage of Zara and Philip at their respective events but rather that to many people the interest will be on Kate.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

Not more Kate than necessary.
I will see the bride.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 05-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Not more Kate than necessary.
I will see the bride.

I agree that the bride and groom are the focus of the event but the media, I suspect, will give more coverage and inches to Kate because she is the future of the monarchy while Zara will move further and further from the centre of the institution as the years go by. She has already moved down from 6th when born to 13th now and will continue to drop over the decades e.g. in 10 years time she will probably be closer to 20th with William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie and Peter all probably going to be the parent of two or three children within that time. Kate will only move closer to the throne over the years.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Agree with all your points.

But I need a Kate break

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Gentry

Cannot wait to see what Zara wears....I keep wondering if she will be more fashion forward or maybe daring...
I perfer Zara to wear the Fringe tiara since it will be three generations Grandmother, mother and then her wearing it on their wedding day....
From the pace of W&K's wedding it will be nice to have a more quiet family wedding
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I've just noticed that Mike Tindall has had two criminal convictions for drunk-driving, the most recent one in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drink_d...United_Kingdom)
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Nobility

No one is perfect, it's only a few years ago that Princess Anne was in trouble over some dogs.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

If Wills and Kate turn up, the security will have to be stepped up.

The Scotsman:
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ne...ara.6771478.jp

The Mail
Royal Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Massive security operation begins | Mail Online
Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't see why they wouldn't attend his cousins wedding unless they have any prior commitments.

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips