Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she will get the quiet wedding she wants, apart from the people who live around the area - I don't see many people travelling to see Zara, Mike or the rest of the BRF. It won't be televised, we'll get whatever pictures are taken in next weeks Hello! Compared to every other royal wedding - even compared to her brothers - this will be a quiet wedding. Zara has obviously organised this wedding to be "quiet".

Basically all that will be shown is the arrival of the senior royals and the bride and then again when they leave.

There won't be any coverage inside the church, no balcony scene with millions of people in the streets etc.

It will be more like a normal wedding with a bit of coverage of arrivals and departures from the church.

I don't think there will be anything extra in Hello after the criticism that Peter received for selling the pictures to one magazine.

Unfortunately I do think that an inordinate amount of coverage will focus on Kate as the new royal - possibly even more than the bride. The same think will happen at Philip's 90th - most of the international coverage will be on Kate and how she handled herself rather than on honouring the service of the man himself - I am not saying there won't be coverage of Zara and Philip at their respective events but rather that to many people the interest will be on Kate.

Not more Kate than necessary.
0002.gif

I will see the bride. :flowers:

Not more Kate than necessary.
0002.gif

I will see the bride. :flowers:

I agree that the bride and groom are the focus of the event but the media, I suspect, will give more coverage and inches to Kate because she is the future of the monarchy while Zara will move further and further from the centre of the institution as the years go by. She has already moved down from 6th when born to 13th now and will continue to drop over the decades e.g. in 10 years time she will probably be closer to 20th with William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie and Peter all probably going to be the parent of two or three children within that time. Kate will only move closer to the throne over the years.

Cannot wait to see what Zara wears....I keep wondering if she will be more fashion forward or maybe daring...
I perfer Zara to wear the Fringe tiara since it will be three generations Grandmother, mother and then her wearing it on their wedding day....
From the pace of W&K's wedding it will be nice to have a more quiet family wedding

No one is perfect, it's only a few years ago that Princess Anne was in trouble over some dogs.

I don't see why they wouldn't attend his cousins wedding unless they have any prior commitments.

As they have known the date for ages I am sure that they will be there, although William didn't go to Peter's wedding so maybe he won't go to Zara's either, but I doubt it.

He had a prior wedding when Peters occured - it hasn't been said that something else coincides with Zara's wedding.

It says on Zara's wiki that she was engaged before to Richard Johnson.Is that true?She seemed very young at the time.

It says on Zara's wiki that she was engaged before to Richard Johnson.Is that true?She seemed very young at the time.

They were never officially engaged in that there was no announcement or permission given from the Queen. That said they may have had an understanding.

Apparently, an Edinburgh couple had booked the Kirk for July 30th, but the minister, Neil Gardner, asked them to make way for Zara and Mike.

Is Scotland getting a royal wedding this summer? | Edinburgh News | STV Local

This was reported at the time of the first speculation about where and when Zara would be marrying as the couple, if I remember correctly, came out and said that they had been asked to change their venue. It was some time after those first reports from this angle that there was confirmation about the date and venue.

Apparently Lothian and Borders Police are trying to appease the traders on Canongate and High Street.

Here's the Press Release "Reassurance to Edinburgh Traders": "Full consultation will be carried out".

Press Release - Reassurance to Edinburgh Traders - Lothian and Borders Police

Article on the Canongate with good pics:
Best of Edinburgh Attractions - A Walk Down the Royal Mile : The Canongate

Unless they are expecting a very large crowd and/or there are reports of suspected violent activities then there probably is no reason for the shopkeepers to close - but rather an opportunity to stay open and make a profit from the day.

The Scotsman: "Extra cash spent on Zara Phillips wedding"

"...The city council will face a hefty bill that it had no budgeted for as a result of Zara Phillips and England rugby star Mike Tindall choosing the Capital for their wedding".

City of Edinburgh Council Report on the Wedding of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall in Canongate Kirk on 30 July 2011:

Policy and Strategy Committee - 17 May 2011 - City of Edinburgh Council

"Crowd management will be required"
"Lothian and Borders Police will mount a major security operation"
"Significant work will be undertaken by the Council and Police to facilitate this wedding"

Extra cash spent on Zara Phillips wedding - Edinburgh Evening News

Thanks a lot, Angieuk - you've had me in stitches over my breakfast - and it's not even 9 am yet...

Quotable quotes:
"Fashion is just not Miss Phillips' forte"
"She has lusty good looks on her side"

---and more...

There's very little about the wedding arrangements yet.
Considering it's next month, you'd think there'd have been more press by now!

I guess they're trying to keep this a low key event, although I would LOVE, for the ceremony to be broadcasted live, even if only on youtube, but, that will probably never happen! :(

Yeah that so not going to happen:whistling:

I think in comparisons to recent royal weddings (since technically Zara isn't royal per se just a member of the royal family) we will have to go off Peter's. At this point, I don't believe we knew much at his (and honestly, we still don't know).

Most likely there will be an announcement the day of (or before) of the bridal attendants, hymns, etc. We will see the BRF when they arrive at the church, when they leave the church, and whatever picture is released by BP.

I am thinking that is about it.

I think if BP even releases any info we're lucky, I don't know if they released ceremony info for Peter's wedding, but if they do at this one, I would be more than happy!

I am so excited for this wedding even more so that I was for William and Kate. Zara is one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom